• Published 31st Jan 2020
  • 402 Views, 3 Comments

Bottled Up - Blacketh



After Starlight Glimmer messes up, she decides to go back on old techniques to hide her feelings.

  • ...
 3
 402

Chapter Two: Too Many Emotions

Starlight eyes fixated on the scenery around her, as she tried containing her growing temper. Yet the thoughts of the show couldn't help but spoil her thoughts.

She wasn't just embarrassed and hurt. She was furious.

Normally Starlight could control her emotions – she WAS the special pony who kept a cheery, innocent face while she enslaved an entire village – but it reaches a tipping point when it's your own marefriend who casually breaks your heart in two.

Her blatant angriness was so empowering, that everything she set her eyes would suffer under her powerful, distressed feelings which twisted her insides (such as the fence which almost snapped under Starlights conflict).

As she slammed her hooves down the narrow pathway to her home, scowling angrily at anypony who spared a chance to look at the dishevelled mess which she was, she took a moment to relapse the previous events – and why her emotions had grown so out of control...

Trixie

Her heart wrenched at the name, and she shut her eyes in a pang of emotions. Of course all this had to stem from Trixie...

She was furious that Trixie had the nerve to take her rights away like that.

She was also furious at the crowd of ponies, which wouldn't ever be content with one pony gushing over the other.

But she couldn't be madder at anyone than herself.

Starlight's legs wobbled suddenly, as the sudden revelation slowly sent shocks through her body. What was she thinking? In the years they were together, Starlight had never seen Trixie look so... disappointed in her.

And the way Trixie tried to reconcile with her, holding a hoof out for Starlight to latch onto. The same hoof Starlight completely dismissed, and the same hoof which Starlight was hoping to be wrapped around her petite frame. What was she thinking?Why didn't she even apologise?

"What am I even doing, blaming others for all my mistakes.." Starlight unhappily moaned, as she trudged slowly towards the palace.

As the thoughts of what happened tonight flowed through her mind like an overflowing jet-stream, Starlights conflicted emotions dissipated into more sorrow and more dejection. She sighed unhappily as she walked inside Twilight's castle; her constant thoughts of Trixie making her unhappier and unhappier.

Starlight's steps got more agitated and her movements become more splintered – she couldn't feel any more miserable!

There was no doubt that Trixie was feeling just as miserable – It was evident the way Trixie's eyes simply refused to even look at Starlight's, and the complete shame in Trixie's dilated pupils the few times Trixie did look made Starlight feel like the worst marefriend in all of Equestria).

"Hey Starlight!" Twilight quickly appeared from library, a book hovering by her side, as she bounced jovially towards the distressed mare.

Starlight simply ignored her mentor, as she carried on trudging herself towards her bedroom. Twilight didn't seem to notice any difference; she carried on hopping (with a bigger grin on her face).

"Why're you home so early?" Twilight asked, "The show hasn't finished yet, right?"

At the mention of the show, Starlight huffed angrily. She simply walked faster, trying her hardest to avoid the conversation with Twilight. Her room was just in sight, just a few more steps...

Being absolutely indifferent to Starlight’s reclusiveness, Twilight continued to walk – albeit without the excessive hopping. The strange lack of response from her friend started to worry her; she tried one last time.

“Starlight, am comfused,” She put on a voice, trying to make the other mare laugh to no avail, “Is this about Trix-”.

Repressed emotions started to flare up inside Starlight, as she unconsciously pushed Twilight away from her using her magic. Twilight was too shocked for words.

Starlight quickly entered her room, indiscreetingly slamming the door, as she let out the whine she had been holding onto for the longest time. Oh Trixie...

Starlight stared emotionlessly at the empty room, feeling more and more claustrophobic without Trixie's warmth engulfing her.

"The bed is good enough," she lied.

Trixie was the best warmth, and she knew it as soon as she and the bed reached contact, "Oh Celestia... what have I done?"

This was definitely not how the day was supposed to go! Trixie and Starlight were supposed to perfect the show; then they could go backstage and let out their hoofmade fireworks; then they would return to their bedroom... and then...
She facehoofed herself. Why did she have to make Trixie upset like that? Now their entire day was ruined!

What must Trixie be thinking? Was she upset too? Or maybe she's angry... maybe she's furious?

Starlight seized hold of the pillow adjacent, and screamed into it – before putting it over her head in deep frustration. She hadn't been this angry since Trixie made her bottle up her emotions!

She felt terrible. Trixie probably hates her! She had solely messed up her final show for this season, before her twelve hour hiatus to her next show next season! Trixie's probably rethinking their entire relationship as she speaks!

God, Starlight feels like she could hate herself right now.

Thank Celestia she isn't bottling her feelings of self-worth, and her suppressed feelings of believing that she's failed Trixie.

Oh no

She was bottling them.

Starlight jumped off the bed like Pinkie Pie on a sugar rush, as she sprinted towards the decorated mirror; her eyes danced around her appearance, scoping for any light red hue.

There was no light red.

Yet there was dark red coming from her horn – they were the largest crimson swirls she had ever seen; the inferno raging on her head weren't even comparable to the first incident.

Starlight's mouth dropped to the floor, as her body started to shake with fear and anxiety. A jumbled mess of words quickly rushed of her mouth as a silent scream.

Starlight knows how to handle this! But she doesn't have Trixie as her moral support! Oh Celestia... this whole problem stems from Trixie!

This wasn't good... this wasn't how this was supposed to go at all.

It was supposed to be cheery – Today was supposed to be the greatest day in their entire relationship. Nothing like this!

Starlight curled down to the floor in a fetal position, as the emotions took control of her. What can she do now?