• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 6,062 Views, 97 Comments

The Return of His Harmony - Thorax



Discord, Celestia, Luna and Twilight Delve deeper into Discords past.

  • ...
7
 97
 6,062

Chapter 4: He'd Empty Your Fridge Too

"So what did I miss?" Celestia had zoned out in public again and embarrassed herself this time in front of her student and sister, not so much Discord though.

"We'll you see Princess Celestia, once you broke we didn't really know how to fix you so we kept going with the conversation with out you. Please don't be mad at us Princess." Twilight was worried they had just made a deal with Discord and left Celestia her out of it, sure that what she wanted but still.

Celestia chuckled "Twilight how many time have I told you not to worry so much, why would I be mad at you? Anyway everything turned out for the best, or at least I hope it did."

"Don't worry sister everything turned out just as you predicted" Luna said pleased with how she had accomplished the deal.

"What, so you knew how this was going to play out?" Discord asked confused once again by the events.

Merely hours ago he was the all powerful spirit of Chaos and Disharmony and within the past hour he had become more confused then he'd ever felt before. Thoughts began to rush through his mind, if she knew how this was all going to play out how long had she been planning for it? Did she know he would be escaping today? When was he going to get some food?


Celestia took her seat on the couch next to her sister.

"Discord, you seem to have forgotten the simple fact, I've been playing this game just as long as you."

Discord eyed Celestia suspiciously

"That may be true Celestia, that doesn't explain how you could know when I was going to escape."

"Oh that's simple I planned it" She said matter of factly.

Twilight and Discord were stunned Celestia had planned all of this? How could she have possible set this all up?

Twilight was the first to speak up

"So you planned everything? Even Discord stealing the Elements?"

Celestia moved from her seat on the couch and moved to sit with Twilight on the floor cushions

"Yes and no, my faithful student I may have planned a few thing, Such as the school trip that helped release him and I may have left the door open. However what was to occur afterwards Luna and I were unsure. The only thing we sure of was that you would be able to stop him, which you did"

Twilight was trying to make sense of what her mentor had just told her. The Princess had known about the whole thing before it had even happened, had she planned the Nightmare moon incident as well?

"Princess, I think I understand why you planned this. From what Luna told me the Elements weakened Discord enough that he would have to listen to reason once he was captured again, I also believe you did this order to save Discord because he was your friend. What I don't understand is why did you let him steal the Elements so easily."

Celestia was pleased with a little help Twilight was almost able to piece everything together

"Correct on almost all the part, I knew that with Discord at his full power and the way he was, he would have never even considered listening to us"

"I might have." Interrupted Discord.

"No you wouldn't" Responded the other three in unison.

Discord crossed his arms, he thought he sounded totally believable.

Celestia cleared her throat

"As I was saying, the reason I let Discord obtain the Elements so easily was the simple fact that I know him more than he thinks. I knew that if Discord had any trouble obtaining the Elements he would have hid them better. I also knew he thought it was that easy to obtain them he would become cocky and then become even more reckless"

Discord shrugged knowing everything Celestia had just said was completely true.

"So you knew I was going to escape today, you knew I was going to take the Elements. Most importantly you knew I was going to lose? That's quite mean even for you"

Celestia wasn't quite sure what he meant

"What part of that was mean? You're free now, we've offered you a second chance to live a life. I'm having a hard time trying to find the mean points"

Only now had the others noticed Discord was gone Twilight began to panic, had he escaped when Celestia was talking how far could he have gotten. Her panic was quickly lifted when Discord walked back into the room with a sandwich in one hand and a what appeared to chocolate milk in the other.

"Oh sweet Celestia please don't let it explode" Twilight muttered under her breath.

"You know praying doesn't count when I'm sitting beside you" Celestia whispered into her ear.

Discord returned to his seat next to Luna

"I emptied your Fridge" He said looking over to Twilight and making the most serious possible face he could muster.

"Ooh better luck next time my Faithful student" Celestia once again whispered into Twilights ear.

Finishing the sandwich and his drink Discord returned his gaze to Celestia

"So what were you saying?"

Celestia did her best to hide her giggle

"First you have to tell me when did you leave?"

"Right after you asked me what part was mean. I was hungry so I went to get some food, Luna asked me to get her something too"

Only then did Celestia and Twilight turn their Gaze to the Midnight Alicorn sitting beside Discord. Both were completely stunned not only had Discord find the time to get food when Celestia was talking but he also made Luna a Salad.

Luna stared back at them, showing no sign of remorse for her assistance in the slaughter of Twilights fridge.

"You wanted to know what I meant by you being mean? The sheer false hope you gave me, you knew I was going to escape, you knew I was going to be defeated. Instead of defeating me once I escaped, you gave me false hope that I might win. Couldn't have just done an Element firing squad at the statue then talk to me at the Castle?"

Celestia looked back down at Twilight who had finally fell asleep

"Yes, I could have done that to begin with but I didn't plan this for just a single purpose. True I planned this to save you, but I also planned this to strengthen the Elements bearers bond with each other."

Luna was surprised, Celestia had never spoken about this portion of the plan, though she should have come to expect it from her at this point.

"So let me get this straight" Discord said crossing his arm "You planned this all, my escape, my attempted conquering of Equestria, my defeat. But most importantly you planned this entire evening in advance is that correct?"

Celestia nodded

"Eeeyup, that about it, and it turned out perfectly if I do say so myself. You accepted our offer, Twilight and her friends are stronger than ever. But more importantly we now have somebody to kill the boredom around Canterlot, everybody wins"

"Sister, is that the truth or did you plan this entire thing just to kill boredom and the other points just came with the bringing Discord back?" Luna asked her sister eying her for any change in emotion. However thousands of years among mortals had given all three of them the greatest poker face in Equestria.

Celestia began to grin.

"Oh Luna how could you even think I would do such a thing."

"Ya she's a saint" Snorted Discord.

Luna looked to her sister

"So now that we have all of this sorted out, what do we do now?"

Celestia frowned after all that planning almost every single detail planned out for the last few months she had forgotten to plan a very simple thing, what to do after the initial plan succeeded. She had to think fast if she wanted to save herself.

"It's too late now, when we first arrived Luna and I told the guards to rent a room at the inn should we be here to late. I could only assume they've all gone to sleep now, and I would rather not disturb them after a day such as today. I do not think Twilight would mind if we stayed here tonight."

Celestia turned to look at her sister but smiled when she saw that Luna had already nodded off to sleep. That's when she heard the snore turning her head slightly, she now face Discord who had fallen asleep on the couch next to Luna.

Celestia did her best to cover up her laugh in a hope not to wake everyone up.

Discord was now laying on the couch in the single most awkward manner possible his tail draped over the top of the couch. His head was now resting on the floor and he had both legs going over the back of the couch.

Celestia could suppress the laugh any longer luckily for her the long day had taken its toll on everybody as nobody so much as stirred. Before Celestia drifted off into sleep she was able to mutter one last thing.

"It's good to have you back my friend."