• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 6,062 Views, 97 Comments

The Return of His Harmony - Thorax



Discord, Celestia, Luna and Twilight Delve deeper into Discords past.

  • ...
7
 97
 6,062

Chapter 1: Our Laughter

"What's this?" Discord said with a surprised look on his face.

As the Elements of Harmony stood before he. He had assumed they wouldn't be able to defeat him his second mistake was sitting there as they began to glow.

"No, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" These were Discord's finale words before he came crashing to the ground, turned to stone once again.

The six element holders cheered having once again saved Equestria from destruction.

"Good work, my faithful student" Came the voice of Celestia from behind them.

"Princess!" Shouted Twilight as she ran to see her mentor as she reached Celestia she realized that she had not come alone as Princess Luna was now standing at her side.

"Oh hello Princess Luna, Sorry I didn't see you there." Twilight said in an apologetic tone

"Do not worry Twilight Sparkle, it has been far to long since I have seen you and your friends" Luna said in a quiet and not in anyway loud voice.

"Excuse me" Came the voice of Rainbow Dash "I don't mean to interrupt this moment but what are we going to do with him?" She said pointing towards the Statue on the ground.

Everypony turned and stared at Discord as he lay on the ground. None of them had even thought about that until now, Discord could not be left in the middle of Ponyville town square he had to be dealt with in a way he could no longer cause problems.

After sometime Celestia was the first to speak "Twilight, I would rather speak about this in a more private location" it was only then did Twilight realize how many ponies had now shown up. Dozens of ponies had already formed a circle around the group with a couple of the braver ponies attempting to touch the statue.

Twilight thought for a moment before looking back to Celestia

"We can talk about this in the library if that's better"

"Yes Twilight that will do just fine" using her magic Celestia picked Discord off the ground. Most of the walk to the library was spent in silence, large groups of ponies began to form along the streets, Cheering for those who had stopped Discord and saved Equestria not only once but twice.

When they finally reached the library they hit a small snag, the snag being Discords wings. However through a bit of extra force Celestia was able to remedy the situation. After settling down inside Celestia with little effort was able to fix the Draconequus shaped hole in the wall. She placed the statue down on the floor with a surprising amount gentleness.

For all ponies involved it had been a really long day, but sadly they still had much to do.

Twilight was the first to speak "So princess what do you intend to do with Discord this time?

For the past few minutes Celestia had been in deep thought

"What do you mean?" Celestia asked with slight confusion

"Are you going to put him back in the garden or somewhere more secure?"

"I had another plan for him" She responded with a slightly ominous tone in her voice.

This caught the attention of Luna "Oh really now? Sister please do explain to us poor pony folk who don't have such devious minds"

"I plan to let him go." Celestia Responded in a Matter of factly tone.

This unexpected response from who they believed to be the sanest creature they knew, caused the entire group excluding Luna to gasp in shock.

"But Princess why would you want to let him go after what he's done" Twilight with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Celestia was surprisingly quick to respond this time "My student, I believe even Discord deserve second chance and maybe now is the time to give him one,"

Twilight paused not quite sure how to respond. However Rainbow was ready to speak

"Why should he get a second chance? He conquered Equestria and attempted to destroy our friendship all Discord was is a monster through and through."

"What about my sister?" Celestia retorted.

Rainbow Dash was completely stunned she had noway to prepare for a question like this. However Rainbow Dash isn't called the fastest pony in Ponyville for nothing, Thinking on the fly was her thing.

"Luna is completely different from that monster. From what Twilights told us which is what you told her, Luna was mostly like you, until she started turning into Nightmare Moon."

Having sat there quietly for so long it was now Luna's turn to speak

"You're incorrect Rainbow Dash, Discord, I and Celestia are more alike then you six could know."

Luna Paused for a second to plain her neck words out more carefully.

"My Sister and I, what are we?" Luna asked gaining a surprised look from Celestia.

"Our Princesses" The group responded in unison.

"Yes we are Princesses, but what are we?"

Twilight thought back for a moment she remembered her professor calling Celestia a different type of pony.

"You're Alicorns." Twilight said with in enthusiasm hoping she had said the correct name and not just made a full of herself in front of her teacher and friends.

"Almost," Twilight frowned "That is the term scientists have given Celestia and I, I guess it's the best answer we're going to get."

Twilight was confused if her professor was wrong, then what are the princesses?

Luna could see how confused the group was, she decided to give them a full explanation.

"Celestia and I are what many ponies refer to as Spirits, not in the ghost sense if that what you're wondering. I'm sure you've heard ponies and other creatures call us immortals, Correct?"

The group nodded.

"It is true, being spirits we are immortal though we are not immune to pain, we have mortal bodies which mean we have mortal needs such as food and water. We also have mortal emotions. Before I continue do any of you have an Idea on what we are the spirits of?"

Twilight looked up with pure confidence in her eye's she knew this one.

"Celestia and you are the Spirits of the sun and the moon."

"Once again Miss Sparkle you are almost correct"

Twilight cringed, she'd made another mistake.

"Celestia and I are not the spirits of the Sun or Moon but instead the spirits of Light and Darkness just as Discord is the Spirit of Chaos, you six are the spirits of Harmony."

"If we are the spirits of Harmony then does that mean we are also immortal?" Asked Twilight

Celestia was the first to answer "No, though those bearing the Elements of Harmony become the Spirits of Harmony. However eventually the Elements are passed down to new bearers and to new spirits of Harmony."

"I fear we may have gone off topic." Interrupted Luna.

"I believe I was telling you how Discord is like Celestia and I. Before Discord took control of Equestria he was much like Celestia and I are now, though he was the spirit of chaos he cared for all creatures and I believe would never do anything to hurt them."

"Luna may I take it from here?" Celestia interrupted.

Luna nodded and took a seat back with the rest of the group.

"As Luna had said when Discord first began his rule he was a kind ruler. He did his best to make life for all creatures as good as possible. Over time his Chaotic nature began to win over he did his best to control it but eventually he became what you saw today. Luna and I did our best to reason with him but we couldn't get him to snap out of it"

The group looked up and realized that Celestia appeared to be going through some unpleasant memories.

"Luna and I decided we would try and use the Elements to save Discord but the Elements were incomplete. You see Discord was our Laughter without him the Elements did not have the power needed to save him, instead he was turned to stone."

The 6 ponies were shocked, especially Twilight, why had her teacher not told her about Discord before now, could Discord still be saved?

Celestia forced a smile and turned back to them. "Now that you all have a better understanding of Discord I ask you, are you willing to give him his second chance?"

The 6 ponies fell silent for several minute's after sometime Celestia approached the group

"Have you come to a conclusion?"

5 of the ponies looked at Twilight as she cleared her throat "We believe he should be given a second chance"

The only other time anypony had ever seen Celestia this happy was the day her sister was returned to her. Celestia quickly picked Discord off the floor and placed him in an up right position in the middle of the library, as the Element bearers took their positions around him.

"So what do we do now?" Asked Twilight

"In order for you to reverse the effects of the Elements you must want them to reverse, think about Discord and giving him his life back"

The familiar glow began to cover Twilight and her 5 friends, as they began to float above the ground. The raw energy coming off the Elements sent books flying from their shelves and knocked furniture over. Finally there was a flash of light as rainbow of energy shot forth from the center of the groups covering the Statue in its light.

When the 6 ponies had returned to their hooves they saw the Spirit of Chaos back to his fleshy, Scaly and Snaky self.

"Ha it didn't work, once again I win and you lose." Discord said adding in another laugh.

"Time for me to finish my conquest of Equestria, You ponies don't make to much of a mess well I'm away."

"Arrivederci" He said another laugh as he snapped his fingers, however nothing happened. He snapped his fingers again but still nothing. It was only then Discord realized he was no longer in Ponyville town square, but instead what appeared to be a library. It took him a few more moment to see the two large figures standing in the corner of the room, Celestia and Luna took a step forward "Hello Discord"

"Aw crap" He said with a sigh.