• Published 16th Dec 2011
  • 6,062 Views, 97 Comments

The Return of His Harmony - Thorax



Discord, Celestia, Luna and Twilight Delve deeper into Discords past.

  • ...
7
 97
 6,062

Chapter 3: The Offer

"Great, this is turning out to be a fantastic day." Twilight spoke sarcasm thick in her voice.

"First we have to deal with the Spirit of Disharmony. Then we release him and destroys my home. Then after all that we broke the princess." After finishing her rant Twilight dropped to the floor only now realizing how drained she was.

"Sorry" Came a voice Twilight believed she knew who had spoken but her mind refused to accept it.

"What" she said looking up from the floor,

"I said I'm sorry" Discord said once again, staring at the floor.

Twilight was stunned the creature she had been battling all morning, the creature who had turned her friends against each other, who had turned her town into pure chaos. The thing who had shown no remorse for almost destroying everything had just apologized. Twilight wasn't sure how to feel.

"Why?" Twilight asked confused by the sudden change in personality.

Finally looking up from the floor, Discord himself wasn't quite sure why he had said it.

"I guess, I'm sorry for hurting you and your friends" Still unsure why he suddenly felt guilt for his actions. He'd never felt sorry for the chaos he'd caused before, why did he start now?.

"No, I mean why are you saying it. This morning you had no problem with what you did. Why would you suddenly feel remorse now?" Twilight asked

She was beginning to grow suspicious of Discord, she hadn't noticed it at first but he seemed calmer as if he knew how it was all going to play out and now he had apologized, what is he planning she thought.

"I think I could help ease both of your confusion" Luna said a she moved from her position amongst the other ponies.

Only now did Twilight notice her friends had fallen asleep, she couldn't blame them. She felt like she could pass out at any moment.

Moving closer to Twilight and Discord, Luna took a seat on the couch closest to Twilight.

"Discord, how do you feel right now?"

Discord paused for a moment to think. Surprisingly being hit by a rainbow doesn't actually hurt.

"Fine I suppose a little stiff, but I guess turning to stone could do that and as you could tell I've lost my powers"

"No, Discord I can tell you're physically fine, How are you mentally? Also you haven't lost your powers, you've been weakened. I'll explain more when Celestia stops being broken"

Celestia still stiff as a board, staring at the ceiling with a blank look on her face, had begun to creep them out so they moved her to a corner.

Discord paused to think about the question. What could she mean "How do you feel mentally" he is the spirit of chaos of course he wasn't mentally stable. He hadn't been "normal" for over two thousand years, That's when he finally noticed.

"I...I feel Normal" He said stunned, how could he have not noticed before. His mind was quiet no thoughts racing around he could think clearly.

"As I thought, then the full effects of the Elements did not leave when we released you." Answered Luna completely unfazed by Discords response.

"Princess, what do you mean the full effects?" asked Twilight curious as to what else she could learn about the Elements.

"Twilight you've studied the Elements for almost a year now, what do you know about them" Luna responded she knew most of what Twilight had learned, from what her sister had shared with her.

"Well Princess, I know the Elements can be used to destroy evil creatures. I also know they are used to restore harmony"

"Only partially correct Twilight, the Elements do in fact restore Harmony. However they cannot be used to kill or destroy anything" Luna responded surprised that Celestia had not already taught her that.

Twilight was now more confused then ever.

"But Princess, we saw the Elements destroy Nightmare moon."

Luna was truly surprised now, had her sister not taught her student anything about the Elements?

"Once again Twilight you are close but still incorrect. The Elements did not destroy Nightmare moon, they weakened her enough for me to come back to my sense and regain control of myself. But make no mistake she is still in there, banging against the walls of her cage"

Twilight was starting to understand now.

"So is this what's happening to Discord now? is the Chaos part of him locked away somewhere in his mind?"

Luna was pleased, Twilight was catching on quicker than she expect. Poor Discord was still confused however.

"Your catching on now, However unlike Nightmare Moon who was a created by me Jealousy. Discord's need for chaos is part of his nature, though I do believe with our help he could be able to control it once again."

Discord didn't know what to make of the situation. Instead of banishing him or Punishing him for what he'd done, they wanted to help him.

"When you say help me what do you mean?" Discord asked nervously.

Luna was pleased Discord seemed genuinely interested.

"I believe Celestia wanted to be the one to make you the offer, However given the circumstances I don't think she'll mind."

All three turned to check on Celestia's condition, but it hadn't changed. She was still staring at the Ceiling with that same blank look on her face.

Looking back to Luna, Discord was slightly worried about this "offer" but anything was better then being turned to stone.

"So what did you two have planned for me?"

Luna grinned

"We were gonna offer you a chance to come live with us in the castle, Just like the old time. Give you a chance to start over, a chance to fix your mistakes. Most importantly a chance to be our friend again."

"And what if I refuse?" Discord asked worry returning to his face

"We'll we would either have to throw you in the dungeon or put you back in the garden and I don't think anyone wants that"

Luna said her grin growing even wider

Twilight was in shock, she had understood the Princesses had known Discord before his reign of chaos. What she hadn't know was that they were friends, why had the neither of them told her she wondered and the plan to have Discord stay in the castle had they finally lost it?

"So, Discord what do you think? Freedom air and a reasonable amount of chaos or Bird poop and boredom your chose. Personally you would make Celestia very happy if you picked the first."

At the final remark Discord seemed to perk up

"When you say "Reasonable amount of Chaos" what do you mean? because I have it on good accord that everyone enjoys Chocolate rain."

She knew Discord wouldn't be won over simply with the promise of Freedom and so did Celestia, they had planned for this.

"We'll you see, Equestria had changed a lot in the past thousand years and with that so did the ponies. Do you remember the Regal class during your rule?"

Discord Nodded remembering how each time they entered the room he thought he would go insane.

Luna laughed she knew how much it hurt Discord to sit through those meetings

"Image the Regal Class times ten worse, they have their heads so far up their flanks they wouldn't laugh even if it meant life or death."

Discord was in shock he knew the ponies didn't share his or Celestia sense of humor, but how could they be that snobby. When Luna said "Reasonable amount of Chaos" He could have never expect this much freedom the entire regal class and as long as he kept it under control he could be free at the same time."

"Deal, Shall we shake on it?" Discord said sticking out his lion paw.

"Sure" Luna lifted her hoof, but to everybody's surprise she spit into it, she then stuck it out for Discord to shake

Discord looked semi Disgusted "Eww No"

Twilight amused by the scene spoke up

"How about we pretend you shook on it, and if anyone asks I was witness."

Both Discord and Luna turned to Twilight a relieved look on their face "Deal"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH NOT THE SEA OF SPIDERS, ANYTHING BUT THAT!"

The sudden outburst from Celestia caused the three to jump, luckily the five remaining Element bearers did not stir from their sleep.

"Oh, was that me?" Celestia said trying to suppress her embarrassment

After a moment she had noticed that most of the ponies present had now fallen asleep, after a moment she noticed the circle. Luna, Twilight and Discord had moved from their spots on the floor to the furniture in the living area.

"So what did I miss?" Her face still burning with embarrassment.