• Published 11th Jan 2020
  • 1,437 Views, 28 Comments

343 New Spark - Jhonn



After 100 thousand years, 343 Guilty Spark was ready to fall in to madness, but after a desperate attempt to save his installation from the explosion of the sun, entering to the Slipspace, madness may be the least of his worries.

  • ...
1
 28
 1,437

Better than expected

"This is a disaster !!" - Spark shouted, everything had been very quiet in the installation, but from one moment to another the alarms went off announcing an extreme danger to the integrity of the ring.

Soell, the sun of the system he was in began his final stage of life abruptly.

Thanks to the natural shield of its gravity anchor, Threshold, it helped protect the installation from the initial explosion a few hours before its start.

But that was only a temporary measure, the gas giant would not withstand the blows of the dying sun for a long time, and if the crunches of the installation are a sign, the immense gravity exerted by the sun, he didn't have time.

Spark had never had to work so hard, or at least in recent centuries, he was secretly excited, but the deadly danger that this represented kept him focused on giving orders to his sentinels, the facility had never seen so much action, but when a meteorite threatened to release one of the experiments of its creators, Spark understood that its installation could not risk that the flood will be accidentally released.

Spark was currently helping to repair one of the power supplies, they could not start a slipspace jump sacrificing energy from the shields, shields that if turned off, would leave the installation defenseless, even when the most dangerous meteorites were eliminated by the defenses of the ring.

A whole spectacle of lights, thousands of sentinels working tirelessly to protect the most vulnerable areas, the defenses firing as if they were suppressors, the shields being bombarded with fire and rock, it seemed that a blue bubble surrounded the installation, but even with all its power , the ring was never manufactured for an assault of this magnitude.

30% of the external weapons were destroyed or disabled, 50% of the retrievers were destroyed by meteorite impacts and 25% of the vacuum power generators are being repaired.

The total efficiency of the installation is at 60% and going down, if another vacuum generator is damaged, Spark will have to deactivate the outer defenses to keep the shields.

"All units! Forget the sections that are not important to the structure, concentrate your efforts on maintaining the shields and repair!" - Spark shouted.

'If we want to survive with minimal damage we will have to sacrifice biological parts, using sections as a shield will give us time, that is, it will work, I knew those experiments will be usefull!'

'10 minutes to complete the repair, 15 minutes for the emergency jump, if I turn off the external weapons the time would be reduced to 11 minutes, with collateral damage and loss of 40% of the biological mass, better than risk being consumed by the Sun'


2 of June of 1011 BNM

Celestia was stressed, international attention was increasing as never before, since the union of the hives under chrysalis, the tension with Olenia and the king, not to mention Stalliongrad, gave her headaches.

at least the return of his sister gave him peace, the return of the Crystal Empire also comforted him, although his alliance with New Mareland on the other continent is strong, the threat of war would test its years as a ruler.

"Princess! We have an emergency, something is going on in the sky!" - shouted a guard as he ran into the throne room.

"Are we under attack?!" - Celestia shocked as she descended from her throne, there were only a few hours until midnight, her sister was still resting after her return.

"We are not sure, a huge blue sphere suddenly appeared in the sky" - said the guard as they went out into the garden.

There, in the night sky and covering a section of the starlight, a blue ball was suspended, Celestia deduced that this sphere was in space, near the moon, but before she could do anything else, the ball it exploded suddenly, illuminating the night sky.

Several gasps, including hers were heard, such an explosion could rival a volcano, some even began to applaud, thinking it was a show, but Celestia knew better, that this was not normal, nor safe.

Then the shock wave arrived, as powerful as it was devastating that even the windows broke, Celestia protected herself with her wings while trying to get up, her ears and her head hurt.

slowly opening her eyes, she saw that at least it was not as disastrous as she imagined, although several glasses were broken, security measures coexisted in their frames, a small spell as a security measure in all cities in case her sister will be very excited.

Even so, she expect some injurs, while looking at the sky, she saw with horror like an immense rain of fire and rock crashed against the moon, if those things fell to the planet, the damage would be incalculable.

She thanked God that her sister was no longer there, but then, right where the explosion happened, she saw something, a circular structure, similar to a ring wrapped in fire, whatever it was, it was huge.

She quickly teleported to the castle observatory, focusing on the object, let out a breath of awe and fear, a fear mixed with emotion, that ring was huge, if the inner edges that she could barely see had mountains, seas, it seemed like a piece of a world reverse and form a ring, that thing was built, but Celestia worried about the damage that ring world have.

everything was on fire, it looked like an apocalypse in that place, several parts seemed to be missing in some sections, then small blue dots seemed, with the telescope I could not clearly see what they were, but some were huge, they began to move around the ring, ring that seemed to approach the moon at a moderate speed, but she calculated that it could crash on the moon, just to see the moon was positioned right in the center, Celestia had no doubts of the immense size, that moon was 9 thousand kilometers in diameter , and that thing covered it perfectly and space to spare, giving the illusion of an immense eye on fire to Equus.

Celestia internally cursed the political and social chaos that this will conjunct, praying that those aliens who casually answered the question of whether they were alone in the universe would take her on vacation for a while.


"This worked out better than I expected" - said Spark as his surroundings burned and exploded in the control room and probably throughout the facility.

Author's Note:

This was a momentum moment, I don't think this story continues.