• Published 23rd Dec 2019
  • 6,857 Views, 113 Comments

Twilight's NEW Friends - BelleofdaBall



Twilight Sparkle has made some new, VERY odd friends.

  • ...
9
 113
 6,857

A Change of Heart

Twilight screamed as she ran down the dark hallway. She was being chased by some of the worst villains she'd ever faced; Nightmare Moon, Discord and Queen Chrysalis. However, the three baddies were now zombified versions of themselves. Nightmare Moon was now a wispy shadow moving fluidly like a blob of ink, Discord's left side was all stone while his right half was its normal hues, and Chrysalis was dripping green acidic blood out of the multiple holes in her body, including a huge gash around her neck where Twilight had strangled her.

After what seemed like an eternity of running, Twilight ran into a dead end. She gasped, trying to work her magic to teleport away from the undead villains, but her horn wouldn't work. "Oh no, oh no, oh no," she hyperventilated. "Help! Eris! Maleficent! Ursula! Someone, please, help me!"

"It'ssss too late for you, Twilight Ssssparkle," Chrysalis hissed, spraying green ooze as she spoke.

"You're gonna pay for what you did to us," Discord growled. Twilight whimpered and shut her eyes, praying she'd be killed quickly.

Suddenly, she heard three magical blasts, then the groaning and sizzling of magic hitting flesh. When she opened her eyes, the three villains were reduced to a trio of burned piles of ashes. She gasped when she saw a white hot ball of energy approaching her. "What in Equestria?"

Just then, the white ball morphed into a familiar white alicorn with an ethereal mane and tail, smiling at her. "Hello, Twilight."

Twilight felt her heart swell when she saw her former mentor before her. "Princess Celestia? You...saved me? But....why? After what I did to you..."

Celestia pulled her student into a hug. "I don't blame you for being angry with me, Twilight. I chose to believe that monster Chrysalis over you, and in doing so, I nearly put all of Equestria in jeopardy. What if Chrysalis had been able to bring her Changeling horde into Canterlot before you ended her? No, you had every right to be angry; though I would've preferred it if you hadn't turned me into stone." The alicorn chuckled slightly.

Tears spilled out from Twilight's eyes. "Princess, I am so sorry. I don't know what to feel anymore. I turned my back on you, on my brother, on my friends, and they all still love me. YOU still love me. And I don't know why."

"Because we know the TRUE you, Twilight Sparkle," Celestia assured her. "The you that is kind and loving. The you that isn't being influenced by Eris and her cohorts. You may have strayed from your path, but you will find your way again, I know it. And I will always be here to guide you, if not physically, but in your mind, and your heart."

"Thank you, Princess." Twilight bowed her head. When she raised it, Celestia had disappeared. "Princess? Princess?"


"Princess....Princess..." Twilight snorted, waking herself up. "Wha…" She looked around. She was in the palace library, surrounded by half-opened books. She had fallen asleep trying to find a celestial spell. "Oh...it was just a dream."

It may have been a dream, but that doesn't mean what I said in it isn't true, Twilight heard her mentor's voice in her head. You can find your path again. I have faith in you, Twilight. We all do.

Twilight smiled, feeling better that she still had Celestia in her corner, if only in spiritual form. Then, the unicorn frowned, realizing what she had to do. Please watch over me, Princess Celestia, while I do this.


Twilight raced down the hall she knew led to the dungeons. She had thrown her saddle bags over her back, and she was preparing herself to pull off her plan. But first, she needed to find Princess Luna.

The unicorn stopped short in front of the dungeon door, inches from bumping into a familiar tiger form. Buck, she cursed silently. She had forgotten that Shere Khan and Kaa were guarding the dungeon to keep anypony from getting in or out. She expected to here the tiger and snake trying to grill her for information why she was down there...

And instead heard a growling snore. Apparently Shere Khan and Kaa were both asleep at their posts. Khan was curled up in an orange-and-black ball, and Kaa was coiled up in a rafter. Thank goodness, Twilight sighed in her head. She had to get in without disturbing either of them. Then, she remembered she could do magic. Twilight lit up her horn quickly and teleported herself on the other side of the door.

"NNn...what?" Kaa opened his eyes for a second. He looked around, thinking he had seen a flash. But nothing was there. "Oh..." The python yawned and fell back asleep.

Twilight ran down the steps leading to the dungeon. She saw the dark blue alicorn curled up on the stone floor in her cell. She screwed her face up as she concentrated on the locked door of the cell, making it swing open.

Luna lifted her head, hearing the familiar clang of the metal door, though in a hushed tone. "What? It can't already be time for me to raise the sun, can it?"

"No, it's time for you to take your place back on Equestria's throne."

The alicorn beamed as she saw the lavender unicorn standing at the cell entrance. "Twilight Sparkle. I knew you'd come through in the end." She embraced Twilight. "Wait, what about..."

"It's all right, I teleported here, then cast a spell to mute our speech from their ears," Twilight explained. She used her magic to pull some things out of her left saddle bag. "I believe these belong to you, Your Highness."

Luna smiled as Twilight used her magic to place her crown and necklace back onto her body, then set her slippers onto the floor for her to slip her hooves into. "Thank you, Twilight Sparkle."

"Don't thank me yet, Princess. We still need to get to the spare bedroom prison and get my brother and the others out...if you'll help me, I mean."

"Twilight Sparkle, I would help you break into Tartarus."


The six ponies in the force field prison were sound asleep, waiting to be woken up the next morning to perform their daily servant duties.

Suddenly, they heard a slight humming sound that woke them all up. "What in tarnation?" Applejack asked.

"The force fields are being broken down," Shining Armor noticed. The five mares noticed that what he said was true; they could now move out of their holding areas.

"Ugh, why are we being hailed at this hour?" Rainbow Dash groaned.

"I hope it's not those hyenas looking for me to round them up a midnight snack," Fluttershy whimpered.

"Nope; just a pony who's sorry for what she did to you."

The six prisoners gasped happily as they recognized the voice that spoke, then saw the lavender unicorn who had used her magic to break the force fields. "TWILIGHT!" they all squeaked excitedly. They glomped around her in a group hug.

"Oh, we are so happy to see you again, darling," Rarity cooed.

"We sure are!" Pinkie Pie agreed.

"I'm so sorry, you all," Twilight sniffled. "I shouldn't have turned on you all. You're the best friends I could have ever asked for."

"After what we did to you, Twiley, I don't blame you for turning," Shining assured her.

"At least you returned to us in a relatively quick fashion," Luna told Twilight. "It took me a thousand years to come to my senses."

Twilight laughed slightly, tears streaming down her face. She sniffed, trying to pull herself together. "OK, guys, getting you all out was the easy part. Now we've gotta take down the League of Extraordinary Misfits."

"Oh-ho-ho, I am SO looking forward to that part," Rainbow chuckled, rubbing her forehooves together.

"What's the plan, sugar?" Applejack asked.

"We send them out of Equestria, using these," Twilight explained, using her magic to take out the Elements of Harmony. She then used her magic to fasten each necklace onto her friends' necks, then plop her tiara onto her head. "And Shining, we need your fighting expertise too."

"Count on me, sis," Shining saluted.

"OK, let's do this," Twilight pumped her hoof in the air. The six Elements, the captain of the guard and the night princess turned around as Twilight used her magic to push open the door...

And found themselves face-to-face with the members of the League of Extraordinary Misfits.

Author's Note:

FIGHT SCENE, FIGHT SCENE, WE'RE GONNA HAVE A FIGHT SCENE!