• Published 23rd Dec 2019
  • 6,833 Views, 113 Comments

Twilight's NEW Friends - BelleofdaBall



Twilight Sparkle has made some new, VERY odd friends.

  • ...
9
 113
 6,833

Battle for Equestria

The ponies looked shocked at one another, then at Twilight, then at the group of mysterious creatures gathered behind her. Had they truly just heard her correctly?

"Your NEW friends?" Pinkie repeated, astonished. "What d'you mean, your NEW friends? WE'RE your friends!"

"Well, you can't be TOO surprised," Twilight retorted, a cruel half-smile on her lips. "You girls tossed me aside like an old apple core the other day. Why would I stay friends with ponies who do that?"

"Hey now, sugar cube, that ain't entirely true," Applejack tried to reason. "Yeah, we left ya, but we were givin' ya space to think about what you were doin'."

"Yeah, I mean, you were acting like Screwball off of her meds," Rainbow agreed with the orange earth pony. "We needed to give you time alone to clear your head."

"But when we went back to talk to you, you were gone," Spike finished.

"Because she had found new, BETTER friends by that point," Eris pointed out. The goddess chuckled. "I'm sorry, where are my manners? Let me introduce myself. I'm Eris, and this is Ratigan, Waul, Ursula, Shere Khan, Kaa, Shenzi, Banzai, Ed and Maleficent. We, as Twilight put it, are her NEW friends. And I'm certainly glad we found poor Twilight when we did. Heaven knows what kind of psychopaths could have gotten to her after you all left her behind." She rested a hand on the unicorn's mane as she spoke.

"GET YOUR HAND OFF OF MY LITTLE SISTER!" Shining barked, his horn lighting up, preparing to blast the goddess back.

"Oh NOW you give a buck what happens to me," Twilight snarled. "Where was that mentality when you decided to cut me out of your life?"

"What? I was NEVER going to cut you out of my life!" Shining argued, his horn losing its aura. "Out of my wedding, yes, but never out of my life! I love you, Twiley!"

"If you really loved her, you wouldn't have abandoned her," Ratigan retorted. "What kind of older brother leaves behind his baby sister?"

"A dismal kind, that's what," Waul continued.

"And what about YOU, Celestia?" Ursula asked the white alicorn standing ready to attack. "Turning your back on your most faithful student; who does that?"

"Twilight was accusing my niece of being evil," Celestia replied. "I may be Princess of Equestria, but my first duty is to my family."

"My first duty is to my family," Shenzi repeated mockingly, making her male hyena compatriots laugh. "Didn't keep ya from sending your sister to the moon, now did it?" Celestia looked away ashamed, knowing the female hyena made a good point.

"And of coursssse, we can't forget thesssse sssso-called fair weather friendssss, can we?" Kaa hissed, wrapping his immense coils in a large pen around the Ponyville ponies.

"Oh heavens no, we can't forget them," Shere Khan agreed. "How they abandoned their dearest friend when she needed them most. How they chose a pony they didn't even know over her."

"Quite horrible friends, if you ask me," Maleficent sniffed.

"Which is why I now have NEW friends," Twilight concluded. "And why we're going to teach you all a lesson you'll never forget." She lit up her horn in the dark magenta aura. "Never turn your back on a member of the League of Extraordinary Misfits."

After she said those words, Twilight shot the magical blast towards Celestia. Before the princess could be hit, however, two of her royal guards leapt up and protected her, being turned into ash as they did. Shining screamed to see two of his comrades being disintegrated by his sister.

"ATTACK!" Twilight yelled, cueing the League to start a rampage on the citizens of Canterlot.

Celestia lit up her horn with a golden aura, using her magic to open the doors of the hall. "Everypony out!" Spike yelled as he led the stampeding wedding guests towards the opened doors to get out before a great battle could begin. What nopony realized, however, was that the doorway didn't lead into the normal castle hallway, but into a dimension of bedlam and confusion. "Enjoy your stay, little ponies," Eris chortled as the doors slammed shut, trapping the baby dragon and most of the wedding guests in a chaos world.

Not that the ponies who ended up staying behind were having a much better time facing off against the League. A small group of soldiers charged towards the animal members, since they could tell they had no magic to use against them. However, they soon found out that was a mistake, as Ratigan grabbed one of the soldiers by his tail and swung him around, using him to knock his fellow guards back like pinballs and into the direction of Shere Khan and the three hyenas, who would then snap their necks with their powerful jaws and teeth. Once Ratigan let go of the guard he'd spun around, Waul gave him a wicked scratch across the shoulder, making him collapse in both dizziness and pain.

While their animal companions handled the soldiers, the other members started off against the main combatants. The three Cutie Mark Crusaders charged up towards Ursula, shouting "CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS DEFENDERS OF EQUESTRIA GO!" However, the sea witch used her magic necklace to blast the fillies with golden magic. In the place of the Crusaders stood three grayish-green polyps, one with a small pink bow on its head.

Shining growled when he saw what was happening to his fellow soldiers. "GET AWAY FROM THEM!" He started blasting magic beams towards the animals, though they quickly dispersed before they could be hit.

"Now now, there'ssss no need for any of that," Kaa snickered, wrapping a coil around the male unicorn to keep him from getting closer. The python then looked into the pony's eyes, his own eyes turning different colors as he hypnotized the captain of the guard. "That'ssss it. Let down your defenssssessss. Trusssst in me."

"Get away from him, you creepy snake!" Rainbow yelled, starting to fly towards the python. However, she was stopped by a green flame-like magic blast hitting her across the face. The cyan pegasus bounced backwards and hit a wall, causing her friends to run to her aid.

"Now shall you deal with ME, oh ponies," Maleficent conjured more green magic to surround her. "And all the powers of HELL!" The green fairy then exploded into a ball of flame magic, expanding into the castle roof, toppling the hall over. Celestia cast a shield spell around herself and the Ponyville ponies to keep themselves from being hit by rubble. Before anyone could fully react, Maleficent was a magnificent black dragon with a purple underbelly and soulless green eyes.

"Freaky deekey!" Pinkie squeaked as she saw the giant dragon. Applejack and Rainbow gaped wordlessly at the beast while Fluttershy and Rarity fell over in a dead faint.

Celestia lit up her horn and spread her wings, flying up towards the dragon. She began to shoot her golden magic at the beast, though Maleficent was unfazed. She snapped her jaws at the white alicorn, wanting to crush her bones between her teeth.

Celestia buzzed around the dragon's head like an insect, dodging the green flames being shot her way and shooting more magic beams at the monster's hide. Neither party would give up until her foe was defeated. "Yeah, go Princess!" Rainbow cheered as the alicorn shot another golden beam at Maleficent's chest.

"Get her, Mal!" Eris whooped as the dragon swiped a claw towards the pony, the force knocking her for a bit of a loop.

Suddenly, both parties fell silent as Maleficent snapped her jaws shut once more, catching Celestia's wing in the process. There was a sickening crunch as the bones were broken, followed by a shrill scream of pain from the alicorn. Satisfied, the dragon opened her mouth, dropping the princess to the ground, watching her land with a hard thud.

"PRINCESS!" Applejack, Rainbow, Pinkie, and the now awake Fluttershy and Rarity all ran towards their fallen sun keeper, her right wing shredded and bloody. Celestia weakly got back onto her hooves, only to be faced with her former student, looking smug and triumphant. "Twilight..."

"The other day, you told me that I had a lot to think about," Twilight cut her off coldly. "Well, you were right, I DID have a lot to think about."

"Twilight, please, don't do this," Celestia begged, her pleading falling on deaf ears.

"And what I came up with after thinking was this: you're DONE." With that, the lavender unicorn lit up her horn, the dark magenta magic consuming her former teacher, causing her to scream even harder than she had when her wing was crushed. The other ponies and League members covered their eyes to prevent themselves from being blinded by the aura. Once it subsided, they all uncovered their eyes and gasped.

Standing in the place of Princess Celestia was a white stone statue, its face a mask of shock, heartbreak and fear. The other ponies hung their heads, knowing it was over for them.

Equestria was now at the mercy of the League of Extraordinary Misfits.

Author's Note:

:rainbowderp: Welp, we're boned.