• ...
3
 90
 2,654

3-Pinkie and the Brain Explosion

Pinkie and the Brain Explosion

“Of all the places we had to stop in why did it have to be in a library?” Rainbow groaned as she sifted through the books lined up next to each other.

“Trust me, I am not the happiest about this either. But it was the closest place to stop and libraries are surprisingly good places to fight monsters in,” Percy responded leaning on one of the shelves.

“Well, this one would be if it had big shelves with actual books,” Annabeth scoffed as she sat down in one of the many chairs in the library.

She was right. The Hunter College Library didn’t really have that many books in the building. To be truthful there seemed to be more chairs than books. Annabeth was not happy about that to say the least.

“How can a College library not have books?! You would think that they would have more books than less!”

“Well Wise Girl, this is the era of computers, phones, and online textbooks. There isn’t as much of a need for actual books for people to read nowadays when people can just get online to read with tons less effort.” Percy said.

“That doesn’t mean normal books are useless! I think that they are better than ebooks anyways. They have more of a value when you can actually hold them in your hands!”

“I have to agree with Annabeth on this one, reluctantly,” Sunset agreed.

“You see? There is still plenty of use fo- What do you mean reluctantly?!” That sent both Rainbow and Percy into hysterical laughter. After they calmed down Sunset decided to get down to business.

“So can me and Rainbow finally get some answers? I think that might be the most important thing right now.”

“No. The most important thing is to get to a safe place in the library to prepare for the inevitable monster attack,” Annabeth started speed-walking to what Sunset assumed was the back of the library.

“Why is this attack so inevitable?” Sunset asked, starting to follow after Annabeth.

Now she’s done it” Percy whispered to Rainbow.

“Because, you decided to call your friend here when I specifically said that it would draw all monsters in a 8 mile radius!”Annabeth turned on Sunset nearly exploding.

O-kay, then. Time to defuse that ticking time-bomb. Sunset thought. “I know you did. That is why I disabled that spell when I took my phone back.”

That. Isn’t. Possible! Do you realize how much danger you have put us all in just by making that single phone call?! Demigods have tried for decades to make it safe for us to use cell phones. None have been able to succeed!” Annabeth huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Have you ever tried disabling the spell connected with that?” Sunset questioned making Annabeth blink in confusion.

“What spell?”

“The spell that makes all of the monsters aware of our location.”

“Our Hecate children have been over phones before and they have never been able to see a spell that does that.”

“Well then they must have been using the wrong type of magic.”

“We tried Roman magic along with Greek. We even had some Egyptian magicians come in and see if there was anything magical related with the phone beacon.”

“Have you tried Equestrian magic?”

“Eques-what now?”

“Equestrian magic silly! How do you think Dashie gets her speed?” Pinkie said from right beside Annabeth.

“Gah!” Everyone in the room except Pinkie shouted.

“Pinkie! Why did you have to give us heart attacks?!” Rainbow scolded, holding her hand over her heart.

“Well I didn’t mean to! It is just something that happens,” Pinkie explained.

“Wha-how-who are you?!” Annabeth asked.

“Why! I’m Pinkamena Diane Pie! Pinkie Pie for short. But you can call me Pinkie! That’s what all my friends call me,” Pinkie smiled wide, letting out an audible sound effect.

“How did you get here? Were you with Rainbow Dan?” Percy asked.

“Dash, and I can’t run as well when carrying someone,” RD corrected.

“Wait, you ran and caught up with us? We had a 15 minute head start at least!” Percy said.

“Duh, it wasn’t really that hard. It only took me so long to catch up because I had to tell everyone what happened to Sunset.”

“But that shouldn’t even be possible! How could you be that fast?” Annabeth questioned.

“Like this,” Rainbow then proceeded to run away leaving a rainbow streak where she ran. When she returned a few seconds later she had an ice cream in each hand.

“Are you a child of Hermes?” Annabeth immediately asked.

"Rainbow passed one of the ice cream cones to Pinkie who took it graciously, “Nope, I’m the daughter of Windy Whistles and Bow Hothoof. Never met a person named Hermes, and I doubt my parents have either.”

“No, I mean the god of speed, Hermes. Is that how you have your speed? Do you also have superspeed Pinkie?” Annabeth continued.

“Nope! Though I am really good at making parties and giving people good times!” Pinkie was throwing her empty cone away after having eaten the ice cream within a minute.

“So you’re a daughter of Dionysus then? The god of wine and parties?” Percy questioned.

“Nuh-uh. I don’t think alcohol should be anywhere near a party. Trust me. One time I thought I was serving normal fruit punch that was really spiked. That party did not end well for anybody!”

“Then how did you know where we were?”

“Pinkie Sense. By the way you might want to move two steps to the right,” Pinkie said, pointing to Annabeth.

“Ok…” Annabeth moved two steps to her right. “Why?”

“Twitchy butt.”

“Twitchy what?” A stone then fell two feet to Annabeth’s left, causing her to yelp.

“Twitchy butt. I have something called a Pinkie Sense. That means that my body tells me things before they happen. For instance a twitchy butt means that something is about to fall.”

“But-but how? Why? When?” Annabeth’s brain seemed to be frying from the inside out.

“I just told you how, I don’t know why, and I have had it ever since I was born.” Pinkie answered her questions.

Annabeth’s condition wasn’t improving in the slightest so I decided to change the subject. “Hey Perce, do you mind if I bring the rest of my friends with me? Don’t worry, they can take care of themselves.”

“How many of them will there be?”

“I’ll be bringing 4.”

“That’s alright with me. Is that fine with you Annie?”

“Y-yeah, go ahead. I’m just gonna...sit down.” Annabeth waved us off, doing what she said she would.

I turn to Rainbow, “Can you go and get the rest of the girls? Me and Pinkie are going to try and revive Annabeth.”

“Alright, I’ll be back in 10 seconds fla-”

“Tell our teachers where we’re going.”

Rainbow Dash pouted, “Fine. I’ll be back in 5 minutes.” She rushed off, that left Sunset and Pinkie to bring Annabeth back from the state she was in.

“Hey Pinkie, can you go and get us some smoothies from down the street?” Sunset asked. She didn’t think it would be a good idea to have Pinkie messing Annabeth up even more than she already was.

“Okie Dokie Lokie!” With that, Pinkie ran to get smoothies so fast that she left a pink dust cloud in her wake.

I heard Percy sigh while Annabeth was still twitching, “Is she always like this?”

“Oh no, she is usually more hyper when meeting new people.” Sunset sighs in return.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed the third chapter of my story! If anyone has any questions you can direct message me or comment here on this very story! I answer as many questions as possible. I hope to see you all in the next chapter! Peace!

-Ballisticzebra