• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 1,291 Views, 10 Comments

July - 2012 (T.W.G.) - The Writer's Group



I'm not saying this is [i]hilarious[/i] or [i]highly irregular[/i], but...

  • ...
0
 10
 1,291

Marked by cuties - Cytotoxin

Author: Cytotoxin
Prompt: The Cutie Mark Crusaders get explosives.
Title: Marked by cuties.


"...Right. How much longer, Applebloom?" - Scootaloo was getting impatient. Hovering in air like that took a lot of effort. She sorely wished she`d bring that little cloud she used on the other side, but Applebloom sworn there`s just a few spots over here...

"Hold yer ponies, Scoots. Ah`m doin` it as fast as Ah can! Ya know dynamite can`t be rushed." - down below, Applebloom was clamping several cardboard sticks together. Giving the clamp a test tug, she nodded - "Aight, ah`ve got it!" Scootaloo looked up, and nodded - "Alright! Sweetie Belle, you`re on!" Unicorn nodded, grasping the ends of visco fuses with magic and holding them aloft while Scootaloo quickly fluttered down, grabbed the ready explosive and hovered back, holding it snug to the cliffside as Sweetie Belle levitated a strip of adhesive tape over it, securing the bundle. A second later, fuses were stuffed into dynamite sticks and secured with another swath of tape.

"Alright, where`s the next one?" - inquired Scootaloo, as she landed and flexed her wings, getting rid of the stiff feeling in them. "Next? Ain`t no next one, Scoots. We`re done!" - offered Applebloom as she carefully closed the crate containing the leftover dynamite.

"Indeed, that was the very last one we needed to place." - proffered Sweetie Belle, as she trotted in, undoing her harness on the move - "Now, let us adjourn to safe distance so we could witness our greatest creation." "Ah would, if ya`d help me... ah, thank ya kindly." - grunted Applebloom as Sweetie Belle helped her to heft the crate on her back. "Alright. Last second checklist, ladies. Dynamite?" - called out Scootaloo.

- Check!

- Fuses?

- Check!

- Awesome?

- ...

Scootaloo looked back on her friends - "I said awesome?... oh wait, it`s me. Doublecheck!" Both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle rolled their eyes and began trotting towards the hill at the distance, where they set the flag and the rest of their supplies. Scootaloo shrugged and followed.

"....Right. Let`er rip, Sweetie Belle!" - said Applebloom as all three of them settled down on the hill, covering in a makeshift trench. Nodding, unicorn concentrated for a second, a flicker of flame flaring over the exposed tips of visco fuses, setting them off. SsshhhhhhWHOOOOOM!

"...Oh heck, this is double-awesome!" - whooped Scootaloo as they cautiously peeked over the edge of trench. The cliff in front of them had been scored by dynamite into a humongous statue of divine princesses rearing back to back.

"High-hoof, ladies!" - offered Sweetie Belle after a moment of consideration. Normally, she`d refrain from such brash expressions of joy, but situation called for it. Si... wait a second. She twisted her neck - and let out a long-suffering sigh at the sight of her blank flank. Her actions were mirrored by Scootaloo and Applebloom.

"Aw, come ON! This is totally not fair. What we just did was awesome over nine thousands! What could we possibly do to top that?" - wailed pegasus, as she flopped on her back with a whine. Applebloom shrugged - "Yah know, Scoots, maybeh it ain`t the mark that is important, but searchin` for it? Whole maturing thing and whatnot?"

"I`d like to believe you, Applebloom." - offered Sweetie Belle despondently - "I really would. But for crying out loud... Just how much more maturing thirty-something mares could need?"