• Published 26th Nov 2019
  • 243 Views, 2 Comments

The Wiccan Demon - Steven1992



Experimenting with Potions and Magic is risky even for a powerful unicorn. Sarius' Mother learns that the hard way.

  • ...
 2
 243

Chapter 2: Foreboding

As I was making my way to Twilight’s castle with the bottle in my saddlebag, I couldn’t help but feel a slight chill on my body. I stopped for a minute wondering why only to chalk it up to the wind today. It was a bit colder today than usual, perhaps it was because it was the beginning of winter and there was a bit of wind blowing. I shrugged not dwelling on the feeling I had. I felt I will regret not taking the feeling seriously later.

In a couple of minutes, I reached the castle doors and without skipping a beat, I knocked loudly. It was a rather large castle so it was likely Twilight was on the far end of the castle or on the second floor and up. I among others in the circle of friends of Twilight have suggested she invest in a loud doorbell. So far, it seems Twilight hasn’t despite saying she’ll consider it.

After a minute of no one answering, I knocked again harder this time but not too hard since I could break the door with my strength. I then heard a muffled female voice yell out.

“Hold on, I’m coming now.” I started hearing a muffled sound of hooves coming to the door. The large doors were then opened by Starlight Glimmer.

“I apologize. I was reading a book Twilight gave me and couldn’t hear the knocking. So what can I-” She stopped when she looked up and saw me standing outside the door.

Her eyes widen in surprise and she was obviously nervous. I didn’t blame her since our last encounter resulted in me stopping her escape from her village with the cutie marks of the Mane Six. She tried to fight back, but I overpowered her easily. I let her go of course but I expected her to get payback on me. When I was told by Twilight that Starlight nearly changed the entire course of history as we all knew it, I was sure Starlight was not only trying to get revenge on Twilight but me as well.

Now Starlight has been taken under Twilight’s wing as a student. Twilight truly takes after Celestia. “Oh, hey Starlight. I honestly forgot your being forced to live here now and learn about Friendship.” I said not even trying to retract the brutal honesty since the entire Mane Six, my family, as well as Starlight, would agree.

Starlight sighed. “Yeah. It’s my punishment for nearly changing Equestria’s history. I will admit, I wasn’t in the right mind. I was just angry at the world I guess. Anyway, whatcha here for?” She said, trying to sound friendly. Her voice certainly made her sound friendly enough, though that goes away once you find out what she’s done.

I answered by showing her the remedy bottle I was carrying in my bag. She instantly understood. “You happen to know where Twilight is at this moment?” I asked.

“Yes. Last I saw her she was in the Map room.”

“Thanks.” I put the bottle back and walked past her, heading for the map room.

“Sarius!” Starlight called out. I stopped and turned to her, eyebrows raised. “For what it’s worth…. I’m really sorry. For what I’ve done and almost did.” She apologized.

I simply smiled at her. “Accepted. But know, just understanding you did something bad and your willing to redeem yourself is enough of an apology.” I reassured her.

“Glad to see you have no hard feelings towards me.” Starlight sighed with relief.

I shook my head. “So your reason and motive for what you did was childish, it was certainly enough for you. In the end, all you wanted was a friend. Like I said since your willing to redeem yourself is enough for me. Now I need to finish my delivery.” I turned back to the door and opened it.

Inside the room, Spike was sitting on his chair scratching the rashes he had. Twilight was fussing at him to stop it as it would make it worse. Neither of them heard the door open somehow.

“Did somepony request a rash remedy?” I asked jokingly trying to get their attention.

Twilight turned her head while Spike kept scratching harder with every second. “Oh thank Celestia.” She trotted to me and took the bottle in her magic. “Spike was driving me crazy with his scratching, despite me telling him it’s only making it worse.”

“My mother instructed only one drop per rash and three if the rash is more than 4 inches in diameter, every day until it clears up obviously. With that, my business here is done.” I turned and proceeded to walk out of the castle.

“Give my regards to your mother, Sarius,” Twilight called out to which I replied with a wave of my hoof.

When I stepped outside again, that chill I was feeling earlier returned, this time with more intensity. I knew for a fact it couldn’t have been the cold air or wind, being half-dragon my body had an internal furnace that helped keep me warm in the cold. So it had to be something else, though this time I felt a bit of unease as well. Like something wasn’t right.

I suddenly had the urge to head back home to check on my mother when I nearly bumped into Pinkie Pie. She smiled widely when she saw me.

“Sarius! How convenient is it that you and I almost bump into each other, in front of Twilight’s Castle on the day we’re having our date?” Pinkie asked not expecting an answer or maybe she was. It’s hard to tell with her sometimes.

“Hey, Pinks. It is convenient.” Despite being face to face with my marefriend, I couldn’t shake that feeling.

I looked at her, her puffy mane and tail looking like pink clouds. Her bright wide smile, crystal blue eyes, and is an absolute joy and fun to be around. Around her neck was a pendant my mother gave me a couple years ago that was passed down in our family. The pendant was created by my ancestor who befriended a female silver elder dragon and was gifted four scales. It was a silver dragon with a sapphire where its heart is, the wings were curved around the sapphire in a protective manner and it’s tail curled at the base. I gave Pinkie that pendant a month ago as a way of saying I pledge my undying love for her, now and forever. She’s been ecstatic about us as a result.

Yet that darn feeling was still there. But I already told my mother I would spend the rest of the day with Pinkie. “Sarius?”

I snapped out of my thoughts not realizing I was daydreaming. “Yeah, that’s me,” I answered sheepishly.

“Well, of course, that’s you. Who else would you be?” Pinkie giggled. “Are you feeling alright though? You seem… distracted.” She asked concerned.

I look down the road that my family’s house was on. Well, it’s obvious I’m distracted. But do I tell her I have a chilly feeling about something and cancel the date, just to check on my mother? Or do I keep trying to convince myself it’s just the cold today?

“Sarius, you’re doing it again.” Pinkie said matter-of-factly.

I looked into those perfect blue eyes again…. And smiled. “Sorry, Pinkie. I’m just enjoying the cold. Let’s go on our date.” I said, trying my absolute best to ignore this feeling that was now steadily getting stronger by the minute. I only hoped nothing was wrong and I was just getting worked up over nothing.

Pinkie and I walked into Ponyville looking forward to our time together for the most part.