• Published 26th Nov 2019
  • 244 Views, 2 Comments

The Wiccan Demon - Steven1992



Experimenting with Potions and Magic is risky even for a powerful unicorn. Sarius' Mother learns that the hard way.

  • ...
 2
 244

Introduction

This Introduction is rather long so be forewarned.

This story starts with a family of four, a mother and her three triplets, a girl and two boys, that lived in peace. Rowyn was the name of the mother and the three kids; Circe, Tirean and Sarius, all with the last name of Trusdale. On the eve of their 12th birthday, the father of the three came back from being gone for a long time and gave them a choice. They could either accept the risk of an experiment that would make them dragon-human hybrids or refuse. The father being the smart scientist who created the DNA serum and a caring father was confident his kids would be alright but warned it was untested so something could go wrong. Rowyn was aware of the choice and was simply mentally preparing herself for the time, her children will accept the offer.

As Rowyn feared, the kids accepted the offer. Under the watchful eyes of their father and other scientists he trusted, the procedure began. First was Sarius, then Circe and finally Tirean. Thankfully, the procedure was a success with little to no negative effects on the trio. When the trio tried to use their newly-acquired powers, they almost destroyed the entire lab and nearly killed everyone present, including their mother. Fortunately, their father and another scientist were quick and prepared enough to stop them. Using cobalt they negated the power of the trio.

After everything settled, Rowyn gave the father a scolding. The trio was feeling guilty and afraid of themselves because of their lack of control. While Rowyn comforted them, the father explained the power they possess is incredibly powerful and hard to control as it comes from a god. The trio and the mother were shocked at this and Rowyn demanded to know how and why he would give them a god’s power. The father explained that he visited a dragon god and was gifted with a scale and from that scale they extracted DNA from it. He hoped he could give this power to his children and they would do good things with it. He also mentioned that’s the reason he was gone for so long, the process to extract the DNA and make a serum from it was a long and grueling task.

Sarius asked how can they do good if they can’t even control their power. To which the father suggested the three go visit the dragon god personally and see if he’s willing to train them to do so. After getting the location of Durlex, the dragon’s name, they headed off and didn’t return for a few months. The trio found the dragon and he was more than willing to train and teach them what he knew. They were quick to learn and progressively got better rather quickly surprising the god. After two months, Durlex announced he has nothing more to teach these three as they learned all the basics and the advanced necessities needed to use and control their power with no trouble. He sent them off with the parting words: “Know you may never be a master of Energtris. Since it’s the very source of All energy, there is so much you can do with it. You’ll constantly be learning new ways to use that energy. Instead of trying to master all you know, try to invent and find new ways to use it.” Almost a month later, the trio returned to their mother who was very happy to see them safe and sound and for a time they went back to as much of a normal life as possible.

However, without warning the family was unknowingly sucked into a portal that sent them to the land of Equestria. Upon entering, the trio were transformed into pony-dragon hybrids while the mother was transformed into a unicorn. The hybrids were pony for the most part, with the exception of a long furless tail with fur at the tips, alicorn-like wings larger than normal pegasi, and hooves that could separate into claws and an extra claw that could pop out of there front hooves for an opposable thumb. Circe was a bit smaller than Sarius while Tirean was a bit bigger than Sarius, whereas Sarius was half the size of Luna. Circe also had majestic antler-like horns, Tirean seemingly had wings that could be used as an extra set of arms, while Sarius just seemed like an average dragon.

The cutie mark of Sarius was a bright blue flame but on closer examination, it’s a perfect circle surrounded by a blue flame showing Sarius is an all-rounder type. Circe’s cutie mark was a health cross with a magic circle surrounded by a blue flame, indicating she was a healer and good with magic. Tirean had a shield and sword also surrounded by a blue flame showing he was strong and tough, like a tank. Rowyn’s cutie mark is an Alchemy circle with a potion and wand in the middle of it. Rowyn was also the same height as Tirean.

Sarius was bright red with silver going from the bottom of his jaw to the tip of his tail, covering his underbody, hazel green eyes, and a bright brown tail, and mane that went halfway down his neck with spikes of brown going down his back. His wings had a spot of sky blue on the inner section of his wings.

Circe was dark blue with stripes of gold, and a scarlet red long mane, and tail, as well as spikes of red down her back. Her eyes were bright blue. Tirean was copper color with specks of rust, a platinum blond medium-length mane, and tail. He has brown eyes. Rowyn was a pale brown unicorn with a rose-red mane and tail and purple eyes.

They were found by some random ponies who were confused by the appearance of the trio. Upon realizing they were in a different world, shock and surprise-filled the family. Rowyn was quick to recover and asked the ponies were the nearest town was, which was Ponyville just east a couple of miles. Eventually, the family found their way into Ponyville Town Hall where Rowyn was able to talk to Mayor Mare and ask about a house to buy. Unfortunately, they had no currency, bits, to buy a house. Mayor Mare suggested a temporary apartment where they can stay until they get enough bits to buy a home, first rent was on her and some job applications.

Rowyn was obviously shocked that Mayor Mare would pay the first rent for them. Rowyn gave many thanks, to which Mayor Mare waved her hoof saying it was fine. Mayor Mare said that Ponyville was a sort of central place where a lot of ponies from across Equestria past through to another designation, so as a result, Ponyville became a place where ponies would meet often. Plus the inhabitants of Ponyville were really friendly.

After that, the family started making their way to the apartment to set things up as well as giving Rowyn a chance to look at the applications. On the way, the group encountered an all pink pony who was full of energy and happiness. She introduced herself as Pinkie Pie and with great speed said how amazing it was that a whole family was moving into Ponyville. She then gave herself leave saying she now has work to do. After the arrangements were set on the apartment and Rowyn finding a job, as well as the trio finding jobs of their own to partake in as part-time to help their mother earn bits, the family started to make peace with their new lives.

Later that day, they were then asked by Pinkie Pie to come by the Town Hall for something, The family followed Pinkie to the building unaware what Pinkie wanted to show them. Turns out a big party was being thrown for them in the Town Hall, Pinkie called it the ‘Welcome to Ponyville Party’. The family was then introduced to Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack, who along with Pinkie were close to the same age as the trio, with the expectation of Applejack being at least a year older than the rest. Tirean took an interest in Fluttershy who was being shy and slightly reluctant to interact with him but started getting used to him as the party went on.

Sarius took an interest in Pinkie, who simply smiled and enjoyed the family’s presence at the party. Rowyn met the parents of Applejack, Rainbow, Rarity, and Fluttershy as well as Mr. and Mrs. Cake, who were having Pinkie live with them, and got along with them especially the mares. Rowyn was asked by Mayor Mare about the job she chose if she did choose one. Rowyn said she took the job of being an organizer for the town hall’s archives and Library while she gets a handle on how to use her magic. She also mentioned her kids are also taking up part-time jobs to help her out. Circe is helping Rowyn with organizing, Tirean is gonna help the Apple family while Sarius is gonna help deliver things. The adults marveled at how Rowyn’s children were willing to go to such lengths to help their mother.

Once the party was over, the triplets were friends with Pinkie, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow, and Rowyn was friends with the mothers. The family returned to their current homestead and decided to turn in early for the night since tomorrow and onwards was gonna keep them busy.

As a month went by, the family managed to accumulate enough bits to pay the rent but didn’t need to as Mayor Mare said she would take care of the first. So they took the required amount of bits for the payment and put it aside for next month and with the rest they had, went shopping for some furniture to liven up the place. The Apple family was willing to give away some food they made to Tirean for his family.

Within the month, the family had gotten accustomed to their new lives and abilities. Rowyn figured out how to use her magic and quickly became a natural along with Circe. The three also learned how to use their wings after a while. Since Circe and Rowyn were organizing stuff for Town Hall and the library, they came across books on magic they both read and studied, learning from them new things about magic. Tirean was a natural at apple-bucking being a pony-dragon hybrid with incredible strength comparable to Big Mac, Applejack’s brother, Bright Mac, the father, and even AJ herself. And Sarius met a lot of the citizens of Ponyville while making deliveries. While Sarius wasn’t very social, he was able to make small talk every now and then. He would even be making deliveries with Pinkie on occasion.

When the next month’s rent was due, the bits they put aside were used but they accumulated quite a large amount of bits. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to buy a house, not yet at least. Another month went by and Rowyn was looking into the pricing of the houses available. There was one that piqued her interest, a medium-sized house with four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a basement. Rowyn was interested in pursuing apothecary and alchemy considering she found books on the subjects and this house would be large enough to pursue her interest. The triplets also agreed on the house, mostly because they’ll have a room to themselves. So the plan was set for next month’s payment as they’ll have enough bits to buy the house.

As Rowyn was finishing up the papers and forms, the trio presented the bag of bits they earned to the realtor. He put everything in place and the house was theirs. They departed, spoke to the apartment manager about moving and took their things from the apartment. Once they found the house and walked in, it was exactly what Rowyn wanted. Moving things in was easy here compared to their own world, using magic made it easier to lift heavy objects. Over the span of a week, the family got enough money to get the rest of the furniture into the house as well as the necessary things for Rowyn’s pursuit of apothecary and alchemy. Finally, the house was fully furnished and set. The family went to bed early in their new home, eager to live their new lives.

Five years later, the triplets have grown with Sarius being as tall as Luna. They’ve all gotten a lot of practice with their power, magic, and wings. Rowyn especially got better with her magic, much to the point she could be considered a very powerful and skilled unicorn. That fact was proven when Princess Celestia herself paid a visit to Rowyn and personally asked her if she would be willing to watch over her pupil, Twilight Sparkle and keep tabs on her studies. Celestia told Rowyn that she would be sending Twilight to Ponyville soon and really wanted somepony she could trust to watch her. Rowyn happily accepted the proposal.

The parents of Big Mac, Applebloom and Applejack were still alive thanks to Tirean and a fast-acting Sarius. Bright Mac and Pear Butter were harvesting apple trees that were a little too close to the Everfree Forest and got ambushed by Timberwolves. Tirean and Applejack were nearby when he heard the howling, he then sensed the parents were in danger. So he told Applejack to go get his brother Sarius and galloped as fast as he could to the couple.

He made it in time to see the pair were trying to get away and before a wolf got them, Tirean charged and slammed into the side of the wolf. He then stood his ground until Sarius came, which was a good 5 to 6 minutes when Sarius dropped on a wolf, shattering it to pieces. Tirean then helped the pair to safety while Sarius handled the wolves. Once Tirean knew they were safe, he went back to help his brother and they fought back the wolves as Circe also arrived to assist just in case. The trio was forced to fight more as the wolves’ persistence proved to be far more than they thought. Eventually, the wolves gave up and retreated back into the forest. With the threat gone, the entire Apple family thanked Tirean, Sarius, and Circe for protecting Bright Mac and Pear Butter, Tirean got the most praise for saving them. The Apple family with Tirean on watch, sealed off the area to try and prevent ponies from being harmed by Timberwolves or anything from the Everfree Forest.

When Twilight and Spike arrived in Ponyville, a ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party was being set up by Pinkie for her after Pinkie met her. Through her task of supervising the Summer Sun Celebration, Twilight met the siblings and the rest of the Mane Six and met their mother at the party. The family didn’t need to help against Nightmare Moon as she was soundly defeated by the Elements of Harmony.

For the next four years, Twilight learned about the Magic of Friendship along with the other Mane Six. Rowyn was doing exceptionally well with keeping tabs on Twilight. Rowyn even managed to make various concoctions of potions, remedies and alchemy based substances that either accelerated healing, minimize pain, or cure some rare illnesses. Rowyn worked rather closely with Zecora who helped with finding valuable ingredients from the Everfree Forest. Because of this achievement, Rowyn became known as “Magical Witch” and most ponies never realized she was a practiced Wicca Witch back where the family originated from.

The family helped alongside the Mane Six to defeat, Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, and Starlight Glimmer. The Trusdale Siblings truly earned their place in history when Prince Charmless, aka Prince Blueblood, tried to take charge of Equestria. Through a combined effort of working together and pooling their power into Sarius, Sarius became strong enough to defeat Charmless. From that day on the trio was referred to as “The Trusdale Triplets”. The trio also discovered they could transform into dragons, which resulted in their size and appearance to change and their overall power increased almost two-fold. But the forms were hard to maintain control over, as their dragon forms proved to rely on their emotions more so than their control of Energtris. Hence why the forms were so powerful.

The Trusdales helped the Mane Six and others through tough times by being there and as a result, the family became highly regarded throughout Equestria.

Though there are problems, beings, and challenges that even the closest and arguably strongest family have trouble with. And now, they’re about to face, possibly their toughest foe yet.

Author's Note:

I wanted this story to have a back story in case I either; had the urge to write shorts stories on the major events or I was requested to do so.