• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 389 Views, 6 Comments

Gem Hunt - keithsterling



a series of kidnapping started in Ponyville that Celestia lost lover could only stop

  • ...
 6
 389

Chapter 1 The hunted one

Its late afternoon, on the outskirts of Ponyville, a good-looking yellow-orange earth pony morph mare with a pale, light golden blond mane and tail waits impatiently with a small bag. Her 5ft 10in, physically fit, equine figure was encased in a red checkered, short-sleeve work shirt and medium blue relaxed fit carpenter jeans. On her size nine barefeet were dark brown work boots and on her head, a brown cowboy hat. This earth pony mare was Miss Applejack Apple, co-owner of Sweet Apple Acres near Ponyville.

“Where is that low down snake? Doesn’t she know I’m a very busy pony? Can’t be standing doing nothing.” Applejack said annoyed in a southern accent as she angrily shakes the contents of the bag she’s holding.

A moment later, coming down the path was a good-looking, light blue unicorn morph mare with a midnight black mane and tail. Her 5ft 7in, physically fit, equine figure was encased in an orange red, short-sleeve blouse and medium blue jeans. On her size nine barefeet were black wedge heels. This unicorn pony mare was, as far as Applejack knew, was Miss Kidnapper.

Two weeks ago, Applejack’s little sister, Apple Bloom failed to return to Sweet Apple Acres after being sent on a quick errand into town to deliver a small bale of freshly picked apples to the Sugarcube Corner. At first, Applejack didn’t think anything of it, as her little sister Apple Bloom is known to stop and talk to her two friends who also live in Ponyville. As it was getting close to dinner, Applejack got worried and went out in search of Apple Bloom.

She ran into both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, her sister’s two friends along the way. She asks both of them if they had seen Apple Bloom today. Sweetie Belle told Applejack she’s been with her sister Rarity all day at the Carousel boutique and Scootaloo told her she’s been in Cloudsdale for most of the day. After learning that they had not seen her sister today, Applejack got even more worried. As fast as her two legs could carry her, she runs back to Sweet Apple Acres.

That’s when she discovered a written message tied with her sister’s red bow, hanging from a small nail on one of the wooden poles that make up the main entrance into Sweet Apple Acres. The written message read:

To: Applejack
For the safe return of your sister
You must pay 200 bits
Kidnapper

“Where’s my little sister Apple Bloom? You low down snake in the grass!” Applejack said testily.

“She’s around; do you have what I want?” The kidnapper inquires as Applejack tosses the bag over to the kidnapper.

“Here’s your money, 200 bits on the nose! Now give me back my little sister!” Applejack said sharply as the kidnapper knows she’s telling the truth.

“Oh, you are so honest Miss Applejack, I know you will be telling me the truth when, I ask you this.” The kidnapper comments tossing the bag up in the air and catching it in her hand again.

“If I release your sister, will you come after me?” The Kidnapper inquires as she watches Applejack trying her best to keep her honesty in check, but couldn’t.

Darn right! I’ll go after you when you free my little sister. I’ll teach you what happens when you tangle with an Apple.” Applejack said fiercely as the Kidnapper just laughs and tosses the bag back to her.

“Then the deal is off, Miss Applejack. It will be better for my health to keep that little sister of yours. Besides, I can find some back breaking labor for that little pony. Can you hear that little pony calling for her sister? ‘Sister help me please, it hurts’.” The kidnapper said coldly and wickedly as Applejack sinks to her knees dropping her head and begins to weep.

“Please don’t take my little sister from me. This is the honest truth. You can go free and keep the money. All I want is Apple Bloom back.” Applejack said her voice cracking as she tosses back the bag with the money and watches the kidnapper walk off.

At a safe distance, the kidnapper snaps her fingers and the spell she casted expires. Tied to a nearby tree was a good looking very light yellow unconscious earth pony filly with a vivid crimson colored mane and tail. Her 4ft 8in fit, equine figure was encased in a red checkered short-sleeve denim western shirt and medium blue regular fit 6-pocket denim shorts. Her yellow-orange barefeet were covered by fine layers of dust. This earth pony filly was Apple Bloom, Applejack’s kidnapped little sister.

“Dang it!” Applejack exclaimed angerly, tossing her hat on the ground as she walks over to the tree and begins to untie her and shakes her awake.

“Huh? Sister? How did I get here?” Apple Bloom inquiry looking around a bit confused.

“Yawl right Sugarcube? She didn’t hurt you?” Applejack inquiry as Apple Bloom has no idea what her sister is talking about.

“Who tried to hurt me? Last thing I remember is me walking back home from Sugarcube Corner after dropping off that small bale of freshly picked apples. Next thing I recall is you when I opened my eyes.” Apple Bloom explains as Applejack retrieved her cowboy hat from off the ground.

“Come on, Sugarcube. Let’s go home. There are some ponies worried about y’all.” Applejack said as the two earth ponies head back to Sweet Apple Acres together.

It’s an hour before nightfall, that same unicorn is standing just outside the Everfree Forest waiting for someone to arrive. A moment later, a light blue good-looking pegasi pony morph mare with a Rainbow colored mane and tail lands in front of the unicorn with a small bag. Her 5ft 3in physically fit equine figure was encased in a red performance tee and black straight-leg jeans. On her size 8 1/2 barefeet were white sneakers. This pegasi pony mare was Miss Rainbow Dash.

“Here’s your money, as agreed, 200 bits. Now hand over Scootaloo.” Rainbow Dash said brazenly tossing the small bag over to the Kidnapper.

“Oh, how loyal you are to a filly that’s not even related to you, Miss Rainbow Dash.” The kidnapper comments as Rainbow Dash kicks a small stone on the ground.

“Drop it! And tell me where Scootaloo is, Right now!” Rainbow Dash said hotly as the Kidnapper just laughed at her.

“What’s so funny?” Rainbow Dash said sourly.

“You, Miss Rainbow Dash.” The kidnapper said as three boxes appeared in front of Rainbow Dash.

“What’s this?” Rainbow Dash inquiry puzzled.

“A little game. You see, in one of these boxes is the location of that filly you are looking for, Miss Rainbow Dash. Pick wisely, you see the other boxes will burn up destroying whatever is in it. Plus, it will be quite messy for that filly if you pick the wrong box.” The Kidnapper explains as Rainbow dash quickly picks the box on the right and watches the other boxes burn up.

“Yes, yes, yes! I have it.” Rainbow Dash excited as she held a map in her hand.

“Well, it looks like it’s not my day. You found the map.” The kidnapper said unfazed as Rainbow Dash unrolls the map.

“Hold on a minute, this place is on the other side of Ponyville!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed as she looked at the map.

“Oh, that’s right, Miss Rainbow Dash. If you were thinking of getting that filly first and coming back to get me, using your speed, forget it. I’ll be long gone before you are back here. Plus, that filly will go splat, if you wait too long.”The kidnapper explains as she walks off into the forest. Once the Kidnapper disappears into the forest, Rainbow Dash muscles tighten as she lifts off and flies to the location of Scootaloo.

The next morning, in Ponyville city hall, in the office of Mayor Mare, both Applejack and Rainbow Dash air their gripes to the Mayor about them being forced to pay a ransom for the return of their family member and close friend. Looking out the office window was a purple Alicorn mare with dark sapphire blue, moderate purple and brilliant rose streak mane and tail. Her 5ft 5in, physically fit, equine figure was encased in a green-yellow mid knee length dress. On her average sized purple, barefeet were gold high heel pumps. This Alicorn mare was Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship.

Mayor Mare asked her to send a report to Princess Celestia requesting her to send someone from Canterlot to investigate this terrible kidnapping case of two prominent citizens of Ponyville.

“Kin you do something, Miss Mayor, or you going to wait for someone else’s family member to be taking by the Kidnapper.”Applejack said in a huff as Mayor Mare placed her hands on the side of her head.

“You must understand Miss Applejack, Ponyville doesn’t have an established police force to investigate crimes of this nature. We never needed one. But in the light of these incidents, it might be in due course to establish such a group for the safety of all the ponies’ citizens. But that means appealing to the House of Lords in Canterlot. In that house, they are good at one thing, not agreeing on anything. If we send an appeal to the House of Lords, there’s no guarantee that the Lords and Ladies will even take it under consideration and the kidnapping will continue, forcing more ponies to pay to get their loved ones back. In other words my hands are tied.” Mayor Mare explains followed by a long sigh.

“So we just give up and let that Kidnapper snatch other ponies’ family member and friends for money?” Applejack said sourly as Mayor Mare shook her head.

“Miss?” Applejack said stopping in mid sentence as Twilight interrupted her.

“Applejack! Leave Mayor Mare alone. She’s right, her hands are tied. But before I arrived, I did a little bit of research at the Castle Library into Equestria Law and found another way, to get a police force in Ponyville and right away. We can get a Royal Decree from Princess Celestia. With the Royal Decree that means that the House of Lords don’t have to vote on it. It’s all up to the Princess to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to our request.” Twilight explains hesitantly as her wings fold and unfold on her back.

“Well that’s the best news I’ve heard, Twilight. But there’s more, Right.” Applejack comment as Twilight shakes her head.

“Yes, if the princess says ‘yes’ to the request, we have no say in who the Princess will send down here to Investigate and the Police force will be made up of Solar Guards, Lunar guards and Royal Guards forces. All who are under the command of the Princess?” Twilight said doubting her choice.

“I don’t know why you are worried, Twilight. Have you suddenly lost faith in Princess Celestia’s judgment, Twilight?” Applejack inquiry looking at the Alicorn.

“No, never. I know Princess Celestia is a wise leader. She will send us the best pony for the job.” Twilight comment as the group continues to talk about the Royal Decrees.

Later that same day, in Canterlot, in the Grand Royal Palace at the center of the city, Princess Celestia works in her private office located in the private living area of the Palace. A piece of paper and file floats around in the air landing in Celestia’s hand.

The file was the report by Princess Twilight Sparkle detailing the two kidnappings of Apple Bloom and Scootaloo by an unknown unicorn mare. It explains what Applejack and Rainbow Dash had to do to get them back. The piece of paper was a total surprise to Princess Celestia because it’s been a very long time since someone requested a Royal Decree from her.

Very clever, Twilight. Bypassing the House of Lords completely. No voting needed. It’s all up to me to decide to fulfill the request to establish a Royal Police Force in Ponyville. Of course I’ll do it. The only problem I have is none of my current Royal guard units’ members are trained in investigating techniques that Ponyville would need to find this unicorn kidnapper.’ Princess Celestia thought as her stomach knotted, realizing she might not be able to fulfill the request.

“If only this request came a few years earlier. I would have the best pony for the job and his heart (tears begin to roll down her cheeks). He was a magnificent royal investigator, best of all (tears begin roll down her cheek more frequent). Because he was honest, loyal and honorable. Plus, the best protector this Princess ever had. But now, he can’t stand looking at me. I don’t blame him for what I did to him. It broke my heart. I was such a fool and that foolishness cost me dearly.” Princess Celestia said as she dissolves into tears over losing the love of her life over her foolishness.