• Published 20th Sep 2022
  • 1,441 Views, 16 Comments

How Friendship is Magic Should Have Ended - Nebbie



A version of FiM's finale in which friendship actually is magic, everyone has more common sense, and Grogar is a real character instead of Discord in a wig.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,441

The Trio's Triumph

Starswirl trotted about impatiently, checking various ward spells on Seaquestria's shore.

"Do you really think that's going to stop the big red freak?" asked Rockhoof.

"I can't know for sure, but it will at least slow him down, and the fewer beings he drains, the better," replied Starswirl.

Mistmane opened her mouth to say something, but a massive blast made everypony turn to see Tirek coming out of a cliff wall.

"Hmph, the hippogriffs are barely shrimps compared to you fat cows, and now it is time to feast on your life force!" Tirek boasted.

Immediately, the pillars began charging, and Starswirl sent a few magic beams to the centaur.

Tirek grinned, dodged the first beam...and stood still for the second. Just as it would've hit him, he pulled out Grogar's bell and activated it. The beam formed a connection back to Starswirl, who went wide-eyed as the magic drained away with too little time to stop the attack.

"Now that's just unfair! Come on everypony, we have to work fast!" Mistmane shouted as she levitated some rocks to throw.

"Fighting fair was never my style, just be glad I only need your energy and not your bones!" Tirek replied with a chuckle as the rocks bounced off him.

Meadowbrook got to mixing something up from her bag. "He wants unfair, we can do it, you know the drill!"

Rockhoof nodded and came to strike, but Tirek simply grabbed his shovel and threw him aside while draining a charging Flash Magnus and Mistmane simultaneously, who he then threw onto Starswirl. Tirek then looked to Rockhoof and smirked as he crushed the shovel with a single hand. "Oh, was that important to you?"

Rockhoof growled as he struggled to get up.

"Don't let him get in your head! Just hold him off for me!" shouted Meadowbrook.

Within moments, Somnambula flew up to Tirek and shook her rear at him while blowing a raspberry.

Tirek groaned as she dodged his swipes, before clapping his hands to catch her, and smirked as she struggled in his grasp.

"We will never bow to you!" she spat at him defiantly.

"Bow? I don't need my can of life force beverage to bow!" he said as he brought her up to his head and drained the magic out of her mouth and into his. "Hmph, they really need to put more in these, and the taste is barely tolerable," he stated as he wiped his mouth with her flank, then squeezed her hard making her eyes bulge, and tossed her onto Flash Magnus.

Meadowbrook finally joined the fight, throwing a potion onto him that began sizzling on his skin.

"Arrgh! So some of you actually did think to bring weapons...but it's too little, too late I'm afraid!" he roared as he grabbed her by the tail and drained her. "Well, that was a little on the sweet side for my tastes, but certainly more filling than Sournambula," he said before tossing her onto the pile of powerless ponies. "And you should be VERY GLAD after doing that, that Grogar wants you alive! I like to watch heads roll..."

Rockhoof was slinking away, poised to make a run for it, but Tirek easily jumped in front of him and reduced the proud warrior to a skinny colt in an instant.

A rock shimmered away behind a larger rock, revealing Cozy Glow and Chrysalis, both smiling.

"I like the flair for the dramatic, but you could've done that much faster," said the changeling queen.

"But it's so funny to tell them how they taste! Now give up the goods so we can turn the princesses into putty!" said Cozy with a bright look of joy.

"You two could've helped, you know, instead of playing giggles and go fish behind a rock. Now, I've got some wilted little flowers to round up for a nice dungeon bouquet..." he said.

Chrysalis rolled her eyes and put out her hooves.

Tirek tossed them the bell and they disappeared in a flash. As he trotted away, Terramar and Silverstream peeked out behind a rock of their own.

"Should we...do something? He could be worse than the Storm King..." whispered Terramar, shaking, as he watched Tirek grab the Pillars.

"Twilight would say that any tyrant has to be opposed...as long as we stay hidden from him, we might be able to convince the queen to fight them," replied Silverstream before giving him a comforting hug and nuzzle.


Starlight Glimmer paced nervously next to Trixie in the hallway.

"Oh, what if they need us somewhere else? This school isn't that important, is it?" she asked vaguely in Trixie's direction.

"Well, I dunno, I'm not some big military planner...but I don't think Chrysalis is either, with how easily we got into her hive last time. I bet she'll be here just looking for somepony to...oh no, what if she comes here to cocoon us up for lunch?" Trixie asked as she trotted about in a panic.

"Trixie, we can handle her, we just call on Twilight and-" Starlight began.

"AND CRY FOR THE PRINCESS AS I TORTURE YOUR PRECIOUS TRIXIE?" finished Chrysalis, undisguising from a potted plant.

Trixie immediately let out an "eep" and hid behind Starlight.

"The only one crying here will be YOU!" shouted Starlight as she tackled Chrysalis, teleporting with her.

The two reappeared far north near Yakyastan, which had one of its frequent blizzards howling around them.

Starlight kicked Chrysalis off into the snow and self-levitated, then immediately shot out a beam.

"Hmph, guess you found out about my little cold weakness, but far too late!" Chrysalis said as she rolled to dodge.

Starlight said nothing as she levitated a huge mass of snow off a nearby hillside, and brought it directly down onto Chrysalis.

After a moment, the changeling queen leapt towards Starlight and shot a beam at her, then shook off what little snow got to her.

"Not much of a talker, huh? Well, we have ways..." Chrysalis said with an evil grin, before shooting beams rapid fire at Starlight.

The unicorn dodged them with ease before blowing a raspberry at Chrysalis and copying the technique.

With Chrysalis' larger size, anger at the taunt, and cold-slowed movements, she got struck twice in the back, groaning before falling onto her side, only her head sticking out from the snow.

"Any last words?" Starlight asked with a confident glare before letting herself down near Chrysalis, and reared up as she charged her horn and took aim.

"Gotcha," Chrysalis said as she sprung up and sprayed some kind of goop from her mouth onto Starlight's mouth and horn. The unicorn panicked as she stepped back, falling over, and found herself unable to cast anything.

"Well now, I am curious, were you really going to do anything to me?" asked the changeling queen.

"I WA' GOIN' T' TA'E OFF YO' 'EAD!" came an angry muffled reply.

"Ooh, naughty naughty little pony, but I do respect you finally having the guts, so I'll leave your marefriend alone, and instead of putting you in a cocoon to torture you...I'll just let you enjoy the cold snow, miles from any pony that could save you!" Chrysalis said with a cackle.

The changeling queen used Grogar's bell to rob the unicorn of her magic and gave a little wave before teleporting away.

Nearby, a small Yak rushed towards the scene, panting.


"So, if we take Plan F, and we modify it to include a few less Wonderbolts with nuclear bombs strapped to their butts, the-" Twilight started, but was interrupted as the door was burst down by Cozy Glow, atop a pile of barely-moving royal guards.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt your lecture, Headmare Twilight, but I'm here to teach you a lesson!" said the alicorn filly, ending with an evil grin.

Princess Celestia and Luna immediately jumped up and flew to Cozy, as the mane 6 stayed behind and formed a defensive circle.

"This is your only warning, Cozy, we will use the full extent of our powers to stop you!" shouted Celestia.

"Oh, golly, whatever shall I do? I suuure don't want thaaat," Cozy replied with a little smirk.

Pinkie groaned and clutched her abdomen, laying down suddenly as Twilight took to checking if she was okay.

Luna eyed the filly with a suspicious look for a moment, then turned to Celestia. "Sister, are you sure about this? I smell a trap...what about the bell?" she asked.

"She clearly doesn't have it right now. We have to do whatever it takes now while we still have a chance!" replied Celestia.

Cozy yawned and rolled her eyes, then sent a blast towards Spike that he barely dodged before it disintegrated a banner. "Come on, are you two gonna fight or what?" she taunted before crossing her forelegs.

Luna gave a small nod to Celestia. "Starswirl's ultimate technique, now!" replied the solar princess.

In unison, the alicorn diarchs fired swirling beams of orange magic, looking like it was fire ready to tear Cozy's flesh from her bones...but with a smug smile, the filly simply reached back behind her, then held out the bell and closed her eyes, wincing.

As the bell went to work draining the magic, the sisters tried to pull away and break the connection from their horns, but the spell seemed to have a mind of its own as it went from orange to teal and sucked out all of their power.

"Phew, I actually wasn't sure that was gonna work..." said Cozy.

"Where...how?" asked Luna weakly.

"A filly magician with training from Pinkie's school never reveals her secrets!" replied Cozy.

The two sisters groaned a bit before slowly coming to rest on the floor.

"NOO!" cried Twilight as she rushed to Celestia's side, tearing up.

"Twilight...run..." was all the alicorn could get out, seeming to have lost much more energy than Luna.

Cozy Glow cackle-giggled like an adorable maniac as she sat on a groaning Luna's snout and wiggled to get comfy.

"Oh, what's that, your special alicorn magic betrayed you? Gee, someponies might want to study something else for a change. Aren't I just a little stinker?" she said teasingly to Luna and Twilight.

"GET OFF HER, YOU CREEP!" shouted Spike as he sent a green fireball her way.

Cozy easily dodged and did a flip, letting the fireball hit Luna's mane, singing it.

"Oh gee, Mr. Dragon, I almost forgot Twilight had friends that could actually put up a fight! Too bad they're not very smart ones!" Cozy said with a giggle.

"You're going down!" shouted Rainbow as she flew towards the filly.

"Down like party town!" Pinkie said, joining in by blasting towards Cozy with her party cannon.

Twilight joined the fray with Spike not far behind as they tried to wrestle the filly and the bell from the air, while Discord, Rarity, and Applejack began throwing and bucking objects, including the chalkboard.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy decided to spare the geese. "Fly safe!" she said as she let them out a window.

Rarity was left without anything to toss but the throne, and quickly shook her head at its fabulousness, then sent Pinkie up.

"Wee!" said the pink mare, as Cozy eyed her cautiously. She was right to worry, as Pinkie reached to her tail, then slid out a party bazooka and took aim.

"Hey, you never taught me how to hide something like that!" said Cozy as she gulped.

"Anypony who knows the genre would know not to trust the most charming filly with the big guns!" Pinkie shouted before blasting confetti at Cozy, making the filly tumble about in the air.

Rainbow formed a whirlwind by Cozy to restrict her movement while Pinkie grazed Cozy with another party bazooka blast.

Spike shot a few small fireballs as he flew around, but Cozy was still managing to dodge them.

Applejack managed to lasso one of Cozy's rear legs, and brought her to the ground.

Pinkie inhaled some of the fluttering confetti from her own bazooka, and sneezed. Confetti sprayed out her nose, as well as her rear with a sputter, and her eyes went wide. "Oh no".

Rarity shrieked in horror at the confetti in her face and spat some out while dropping Pinkie onto herself, putting them both out of commission for the time being.

Cozy reached for the bell, but Spike stepped forward and quickly started putting down fire around it.

...however, he was suddenly choked by magic around his neck, and a familiar evil laugh could be heard from the doorway as two magic beams forced the fliers to let go.

"CHRYSALIS!" said Twi with scorn as she looked upon the unwelcome second combatant.

"Oh, miss me? Sorry I couldn't join earlier, but it was just so entertaining to see two princesses fall to one filly. Ponies are so overconfident. I bet Starlight Glimmer still has that look of determination frozen on her face as a pony popsicle. My only regret is I couldn't show her your DEFEAT!" the changeling queen said smugly.

The mane 6 all gasped in unison at the revelation.

"I-I'm sure she's fine, she can handle herself!" said Spike.

"The faster we take these two out, the faster we can save Starlight!" said Twilight as she patted him, then charged her horn.

Cozy simply shook the bell a bit as a reminder, and Twilight redirected her magic into tossing the slightly-broken throne at her again.

"Twilight, you need to get out of here with your magic before they take it for themselves! We can hold them off!" said Discord as he was struck by one of Chrysalis' beams.

"Now that's not very sporting!" said the changeling queen.

"Fly, you foal!" Discord urged her before being dragged away by Cozy to use as a cudgel against Rainbow and Fluttershy, the latter almost crying as she dodged.

Twilight tried to escape out the open window, but Tirek appeared just outside it, grinning.

Twilight gulped, eyes wide, as he absorbed her magic.

Chrysalis cackled as she trotted past Twilight. "Now, for a little redecorating..." She charged her magic, and Tirek joined in, to then blast away Celestia's throne and much of the castle in an enormous shower of debris away from the mountainside.

"You think they'll all get the message?" asked Cozy.

Chrysalis smirked. "That the reign of the princesses is over? I'm sure nopony for a dozen miles can mistake it as just your usual celebration, and the news will spread from there like wildfire."