• Published 9th Nov 2019
  • 537 Views, 8 Comments

TITANIC SINKING IN REAL TIME THE FULL NOVEL - Sunny Meadows



Amber Spark takes a trip abroad on The Titanic to be by her dying Husband's side. Fate however, has something else in mind for she and her young daughter Evening Breeze.

  • ...
5
 8
 537

CHAPTER 7 THE BIRTH OF SUNNY MEADOWS

By my eleventh month, as I was sleeping soundly in our cabin, I suddenly woke up and turned toward my Mother.

“Um…Mum…I think she’s coming,” I told her quietly.

“Oh..ah…who? Who are you talking about?”

“The baby!”

“The baby?!” my Mother cried out, waking up completely. “Are you serious Evening Breeze? Are you sure she’s not just kicking?”

“No! Ow! Ahhh! What are we going to do? I thought I could do this on my own without any Doctors or a hospital- but I’m scared.”

“Don’t worry Evening Breeze. I’ll help you. I gave birth to you and I’m sure nature knows what it’s doing. We’ll get through this together.”

My Mother teleported us to the Titanic’s medical rooms. The ship was equipped with medical facilities that were comparable to a small state of the art hospital that you could find on land.

“Don’t panic Evening Breeze. Just breathe my love….in…and out.”

I listened to my Mother’s calming voice as contraction after contraction ripped through my body.

After a few hours, it came time to start pushing.

“Okay, it’s time! You can push now! That’s it…keep pushing…”

Suddenly the sound of a baby’s cry rung out. It was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. It was my daughter.
“I’m naming her Sunny Meadows,” I told my Mother.

“That’s perfect,” she said, gazing down at her Granddaughter’s face. “Here, let me lay her down in her bed.”

My Mother checked me over and tended to my exhausted body. I felt myself drift in and out of consciousness as I tried to recover from my long labour.

I didn’t know it at the time but my Mum had had to cast a small healing spell on me, straight after Sunny’s arrival. She did such a good job that I was almost back to normal by the time I woke up again.

“Evening Breeze…how are you feeling now?”

“I feel surprisingly good thanks Mum. Where’s Sunny?”

“She’s right here Evening Breeze.”

I swam towards her cot and cradled her in my hooves. Her small cries were music to my ears. Her whimpers subsided however as soon as I approached her.

“I’m a Grandmother,” my Mother said beside me. “This is the most wonderful gift Evening Breeze.”

“I know Mum – I know. Isn’t she gorgeous?”

“Look at our little Unicorn Merpony.”

“Actually…ah…Mum?”

My Mother spoke of how happy the future would be with their little Unicorn swimming around and learning spells. She was full of wonder about what Sunny’s life would be like.

“She has so much to learn and we can teach her all the spells we know. That’s a way off I know, it’s like she can cast spells as a little newborn baby but how magnificent would that be? Squeee!”

Sunny giggled, obviously sensing her Grandmother’s excitement. Then she did something that stunned us both.

“Oh my gosh!” my Mother suddenly exclaimed.

A framed family portrait had astonishingly appeared between her hooves. It was a picture of this very moment. Three generations of Merponies: myself, my Mother and my darling daughter.

Sunny laughed at our shocked expressions.

“Wait a minute,” my Mother said in surprise. “Sunnydid this? But how? Surely she’s not old enough yet to cast spells.”

“I think I know what this means Mum. She’s a…oh dear! Oh dear!”

Sunny giggled again and spread out her majestic wings.

“Ahhhh! She’s an alicorn?” my Mother asked in shock. “What have you not told me about her Father?”

“Um…he was a Pegasus Mum…”

“Oh dear…what if she turns on us?”

“She won’t Mum. She’s one of us and we’ll take such good care of her.”
“You’re right….I was being silly.”

I was so overcome with joy and contentment I even felt an overwhelming rush of love toward this place that had become my home.

“This day has been so amazing,” I spoke out loud. “I love you Mum, I love my daughter, I love the Titanic….oh…hang on…”

I felt embarrassed by what I had said. I love the Titanic?? This ship had that taken over our lives and destroyed so many others?

“I know what you mean Evening Breeze…but shhh. I think she’s asleep.”

Sunny gurgled contentedly in her sleep.

“Let’s get her back to our cabin,” I suggested.

“You don’t want to stay in this bland and uncomfortable hospital room?” my Mother asked.

“Huh? Why Mum?”

“Just kidding. You and bubs are in perfect health. Let’s go,” she chuckled.

It was good to see my Mother in such high spirits. It had been years since I had seen her in a jokey mood and I told her as such.

“I know. This child has been such a blessing. My heart is filled with joy.”

“Okay let’s go,” I said quietly.

We returned to our cabin and I worried if it was big enough to fit all three of us. It had been an unspoken understanding that despite the many rooms to choose from, Mother and I had always felt better together. We’d make it work.

I was nervous about the challenges ahead. This was uncharted territory – a Merpony raising an Alicorn. To my surprise and delight however, Sunny was a pleasure to raise and the best Granddaughter to my Mother.

I just love it when things turn out better than I could ever have imagined.