• Published 9th Nov 2019
  • 538 Views, 8 Comments

TITANIC SINKING IN REAL TIME THE FULL NOVEL - Sunny Meadows



Amber Spark takes a trip abroad on The Titanic to be by her dying Husband's side. Fate however, has something else in mind for she and her young daughter Evening Breeze.

  • ...
5
 8
 538

CHAPTER 3 THE EXPERIENCE

“What are we going to do now?” Evening Breeze asked nervously.

“They're going to try and stop the flooding in the fifth compartment and direct the water outside by using the pumps,” I assured her.

“That’s a good idea Mum!”

“We’re going to have to help them Evening Breeze. Let’s teleport down together.”

“Huh?”

Knowing Evening Breeze couldn’t teleport on her own yet, I grabbed a hold of her hoof and we took off together. Water spilled into the compartment.

“Oh my god, the water is worse than I expected. It’s at least eight feet high. Oh my lord. This is madness! We have to work the pumps. Oh no, the pumps aren’t working! They’re soaked.”

It seemed the pumps were clogged with coal.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I spat out in frustration. “Help me Evening Breeze!”

“Yes Mum!”

She tried to help me but she couldn’t. I eventually said that this was useless and we teleported back into our cabin which hadn’t flooded as yet.

“Evening Breeze, we will stay here until our cabin floods, then we’ll go to the upper deck.”

“Okay Mum.”

At around 12:30am we could see another lifeboat being lowered and we watched as the view from our porthole was being taken over by water. It occurred to me that this would be a magnificent sight if the circumstances weren’t so dire.

“Geezus Christ stallion…Geezus Christ ponies…why couldn’t you let me and my daughter onto the lifeboat?”

Still, I pushed on.

“Evening Breeze…maybe we could go back to the top deck and see how things are going.”

“Okay Mum. I think that's a good idea because I can see a little bit of water coming in…”

“Oh crap! You’re right!”

“Hee hee Mummy said a baddie word!”

“Oh c’mon Evening Breeze…tsk tsk…”

We teleported up to the top deck and again it was worse than I thought.

The front of the bow was completely under water. I was horrified to see the stern rising up. I climbed further up the top deck but somepony blocked me.

“Get back! We need this!” the strange pony yelled.

“But we need it too!” I cried as I fell back down.

I quickly teleported whilst grabbing Evening Breeze’s hoof to interrupt the fall. We then found ourselves back onto a lower part of the ship.

“Why you little….!” I shouted, feeling frustrated that my efforts to reach the upper deck had failed.

“Hey!” the other pony yelled down from above. “I’m a unicorn too but I’m far more powerful than you!”

“Eek…we’ll stay here then…” I whimpered fearfully.

“Hmph,” the stallion unicorn responded grumpily.

I cried hard as I stared through a little porthole. So much so that I probably helped toward the flooding of The Titanic – albiet by a slim margin. Of course my tears were nothing compared to the real flooding of the ship.

Wait a minute! Water! That’s it! I thought to myself .

A swimming pool!

“We’re not going to go into the water as such but just to the swimming pool area.” I told my daughter.

“Okay Mum, “ Evening Breeze replied in her agreeable way.

“We’ll teleport in…one…two…three!”

Whoosh! Off we went.

“Noooooo!” the other stallion yelled out.

We arrived at the poolside and saw that the water was rising by a slim margin but we were still safe.

“Well, Evening Breeze we’ll be safe here for a little bit. Until things inevitably go from bad to worse.”

“Okay Mama…” she said.

By now the water had flooded most of the compartments. Things were getting so bad that I was extremely worried for the both of us that night…the horrible night that changed everything. I’ve never been the same since: for one, my nerves are shot and Evening Breeze’s sweet personality has never been the same either.

Evening Breeze slept for a while before I realised that water was seeping through the cracks of the ceiling and walls. I teleported the both of us out of there.

“We have to get out of here!” I cried, waking her up.

The water was pouring through the ceiling and I knew it was going to collapse at any moment. By the time I lit my horn and teleported us out of there, the water was crashing into the pool, filling it up to its absolute breaking point. I was in absolute shock and horror when we arrived back up to the deck at the sight of ponies screaming and pleading for help. Everypony was jumping off the back of the ship and screaming for their lives.

One of the ponies asked me for help during the chaos but I lied and said that I wasn’t powerful enough. I ‘proved’ this by attempting to cast a spell which didn’t work. In reality, it did help her but I was afraid of being noticed and stampeded by multiple ponies craving my magic. I told her to go into a lifeboat and that I wished her good luck and survival. The pony nodded silently and left.

I saw other ponies leaning on the stern as I went up to the bridge to check on Captain Smith.

“Aren’t you going to make a run for it Captain Smith?” I asked him.

“No,” he replied. “I will go down with this ship if it comes to it.”

“But…Captain…you don’t have to do this.”

“Of course I do. This is for all the ponies that I failed. Amber Spark, here’s a life jacket….now go!”

“Okay...”

I made a run for it as I teared up and had another cry but I never looked back. I told Evening Breeze to never look back either.

“He wants to go down with the ship…” I explained.

“But Mum…”

“He doesn't want to come with us."

Even if The Captain wanted to save himself, he no doubt knew that it would forever be a black mark against his career. It occurred to me that we could just knock him unconscious and take him with us I guess…thereby saving his life…but then I'm not too sure he even wants to be saved.