• Published 30th Oct 2019
  • 1,468 Views, 96 Comments

She Kills Monsters - chiko



After losing her sister, Rarity buries herself in her work. Just as lost, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, armed with a personal Ogres & Oubliette's module, try to help the seamstress open more than just her boutique.

  • ...
3
 96
 1,468

The Silver Siren

You hear a voice in the depths of the woods. It's the most enchanting thing you've ever heard.

"Stay on the path," April said, voice terse. She gripped her lantern and held it further ahead of her.

"The forest plays tricks." Scott kept his hammer at the ready, peering into the depths of the shadows. He could have sworn she saw something move at the edges of the light.

Renee pulled the blanket over her shoulders. The cold was starting to get to her. The others seemed unfazed by it, which bothered her. Scott's leather loincloth couldn't have retained much heat.

Constitution check. Scott got fourteen.

Seventeen.

Four. How bad is it?

Renee's enchanted.

Oh, no.

Renee stepped off the path. There was one thing on her mind. She must find the owner of that voice. The singing had her spellbound, and she disappeared into the night to follow it.

"Renee!" April called, chasing after the elf. Scott followed.

There's a mist building the deeper you step into the forest. Do you try breaking free?

Yes.

For your freedom, make a saving throw, Renee. With each attempt you fail, the harder it gets to escape.

Eleven.

Not enough. The fog licks at your arms.

Nine.

You can feel your agency slipping away. The fog is all encompassing.

Renee broke into a clearing and stumbled to the dirt, inches short of spilling into a lake. She turned around, finding a curtain of mist over the trees.

When she looked back, she spotted a figure standing on the surface of the water. The moonlight illuminated the figure's silver skin, as if blessed by the Roamin Moon Goddess Diana herself.

The figure started singing.

At last, Renee found the voice she desperately craved. It rose and fell with the ripples of water grazing the lake's shore. The gentle tones were smooth, quiet, as if she was singing directly in her ear. Renee wanted, no needed more.

"Who are you?" Renee hadn't noticed that she stepped into the water. Her boots were soaked. She didn't care.

The singing stopped for a moment, and Renee felt colder than ever. "Sylvia."

"Sylvia." The name tasted like a spoonful of honey. She was now knees deep in the lake. Despite that Renee felt warm.

The figure began to advance. Her steps barely displaced the water, spinning silver. "Sing with me."

Renee nodded. Her mouth was dry. She was thirsty, and her lips were chapped raw. None of it stopped her from joining her song. They were in harmony. In their own secret grotto, they had each other and their voices. That's all they ever needed.

You never felt this way about anyone before.

Renee took Sylvia's hands into hers. She shuddered as their fingers intertwined. She looked into her eyes, finding light, finding innocence, finding trust, finding happiness.

You found love.

Trembling, Renee leaned in closer and kissed her.

Sylvia smiles as she cups your face.

"You hopeless dyke."

The Silver Siren drags you beneath the surface.