• Published 30th Oct 2019
  • 1,464 Views, 96 Comments

She Kills Monsters - chiko



After losing her sister, Rarity buries herself in her work. Just as lost, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, armed with a personal Ogres & Oubliette's module, try to help the seamstress open more than just her boutique.

  • ...
3
 96
 1,464

The Lady of the Wild

“A little help here!” April cried, trying to push the paw of an ursa minor off her chest. The constellation claws threatened to slash her neck.

Hiding in the trees, Renee fired cantrips from a distance. Her frail body left her with little defense. At least she had cover, but she couldn’t risk dying to save April.

“On it!” Scott rushed to the monster, belting out a battle cry as he swung the massive hammer.

Twelve.

The iron hammer connected with the ursa’s leg right at the joint. It roared in pain and began to limp away.

“Chase after it!” Scott ordered, blowing past April and running deeper into the woods. “We could use it’s claws for weapons”

April scrambled after her. “Get back here, ya idiot. You’ll get yourself killed if you run into its mama.”

Renee had no choice but to follow. The trio rushed through the woods, ready to vanquish the lame monster that struggled to escape. Branches crunched, leaves rustled, and mud spattered.

They tracked the ursa minor down to a clearing in the woods. It was curled up into a ball and whimpering. A woman dressed in all white hugged its side. Her long pink hair fell down past her lower back.

"We found its ma," Scott said.

April crossed her arms. "More like the forest's ma."

"Oh, poor baby," the woman cooed, her voice soft and raspy. She gently massaged the exact spot Scott had struck. "What monster did this to you, Mojo?”

The beast turned its head to the trio.

"Sorry for hitting your cub, Lady Frances," said the warrior brute sheepishly. "We swear we're not monsters."

"That thing tried to kill us!" April added.

“I’m sure it wasn’t personal,” the lady said, nuzzling the ursa's fur. "He was just preparing for hibernation."

"Hibernation?" Renee asked. "It's spring."

Frances nodded. "Exactly. With the frost returning so soon, all the creatures in my forest are frightened."

"What do you mean?"

"Can't you feel it in the wind?" Frances asked, walking towards the three. "It's taken on a cold chill lately."

"Where's it coming from?" Renee followed the wind in her hair.

Frances pointed north. "From the castle. I hope your sister is alright."

Renee stepped back. "My sister's behind this?"

I probably should have guessed.

"You're a princess?" Scott asked.

"You look so much like her." Frances took Renee's hands into hers. It felt like a hug. "I just hope she'll listen to you. The queen hasn't had the time to have an audience with me."

Scott gripped his weapon. “Then we'll just march straight to the castle and force her to listen. My hammer is pretty persuasive.”

“Violence won’t be necessary.” Frances' voice was firm.

“We’ll talk to her,” April assured, scowling at Scott. “We’ll leave our weapons at the door.”

"Good." Frances pointed off to the woods ahead. The forest opened a trail for them, clearing on its own. "Stay on the right path, adventurers, and my guidance will bless your travels."