• Published 31st Oct 2019
  • 912 Views, 30 Comments

MLP Gen.4.5–Mysterious Mare-Do-Well - Phantom-Dragon



The story of Equestria's self-proclaimed new hero, the Mysterious Mare-Do-Well.

  • ...
3
 30
 912

Mare–Do–Well Log 3: Looking For A Day Job

Mare-Do-Well Log 3: Looking For A Day Job

8:10 AM

My second day in Manehattan and one more day left in this hotel. First thing on my agenda of the day is to find myself a job to make a living.

My other skills (aside from being Mare-Do-Well)

  1. Baking, courtesy of Pinkie Pie's cooking class at the School of Friendship. I can make a mean chimicherry, or was it cherrychanga?
  2. I'm quite athletic from Rainbow Dash's gym class.
  3. I'm quite techno savvy, given to my past involvement in some of Dr. Whoove's experiment for pursuit in science and technology.
  4. I have some skills of sewing, though not on par with Rarity's and Fluttershy's. I once had to patch together the old Mare-Do-Well suit that was originally worn by Princess Twilight Sparkle and friends, when their friend, Rainbow Dash, got a little too carried away with the whole "friendly neighbor" superhero reputation.

    Watch Season 2 episode 8 The Mysterious Mare Do Well.

    It took a long time for me to really grow into it though, and it still smells like apple cinnamon.

I'm sure my prowess goes beyond these main four I've just listed. But first, some breakfast.

"Stay sharp, stay fit, stay fed," that's what Rainbow Dash taught us in gym class at the School of Friendship.


Though this place is no Sugarcube Corner, or Donut Joe's Bakery, or even Ditzy Doo's Muffin Empori–Yum, the waffles they served here are DELICIOUS! Oh and the apple fritters they served here were just as good, but not as good as the authentic delectable baked goodness done by the Apple Families from Appleloosa, but you didn't hear that from me.

Anyway, I was just having breakfast, when I took a read at the latest issue of the Equestria Daily, with the front page reading:

Princess Twilight Sparkle's Star Pupil, Luster Dawn Shines Again


Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorn's newfound star pupil, Luster Dawn, bedazzled her magic exam before the Supreme Ruler Princess Twilight Sparkle with her mastery in the art of Substitutiary Locomotion, which she demonstrated by bringing a suit of armor to life. When asked for further comments, Princess Twilight Sparkle states:

"I see much of myself in Luster Dawn's magical prowess. Without a doubt, the future shines brightly with her and the friends she will soon make. I, Princess Twilight Sparkle, couldn't be more proud." – Twilight Sparkle

Page 1
More awesome stories the Equestria Daily has to say.

Canterlot's Royal Guards Welcomes Its First Griffon Cadet

Following his graduation, Ponyville's School of Friendship's griffin graduate, Gallus, enrolled in the ranks of Canterlot's Royal Guards as the first griffin cadet of Equestria.

Page 2

Newlyweds, Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie Drops honeymoons

From conquering Mount Everhoof to parasailing in Luna Bay, there ain't no mountain too high these two lifetime friends can't overcome with the love they shared, prior and following their holy matrimony.

Page 2

Silver Lining opened up for homeless and business

Silver Lining homeless shelter founded by philanthropist and daughter of billionaire Filthy and Spoiled Rich, Diamond Tiara, and her closest business partner, Silver Spoon. Diamond Tiara pledged to ensure that no ponies or creatures would ever feel forgotten or abandoned.

Page 3

Upcoming Music Fest

Las Pegasus's Annual Music Fest this year will be hosted by Songbird Sensational, Songbird Serenade;
the Pony of Pops, Sapphire Shores;
and the Reigning Princess of Razzle Dazzle, Rara. Rara let loose that very special VIPs are certain to make an appearance at the music fest.

Page 4

Oh! Here's one about me!

Mysterious Mare-Do-Well foils Jewel Heist

Upon arriving at the scene of the crime, the police were baffled to find the three crooks – identified to be Brick, Bone, and Steve! – beaten and hogtied, ready for arrest. After investigation was conducted, the only piece of evidence the police have found that holds a possible lead on the identity Manehatten's new vigilante is a calling card, addressing to one "Mysterious Mare-Do-Well." Who is the Mysterious Mare-Do-Well? Is she truly Equestria's newest defender? Has the mantle been passed down from Princess Twilight Sparkle and friends onto a new generation of ponies? Only time will tell.

Page 4

They can bet their apple fritters I will! Because even in the light of Princess Twilight Sparkle's reign, somewhere there's a villain's scheme, but make no mistake, their numbers are up! So swears I! Mysterious Mare-Do-Well! But first, I need a day job.


Job Offers:

  1. Telemarketing Not really my field of expertise.
  2. Bridleway dressmaker wanted Maybe.
  3. Equestria Daily – Photographer Wanted (So long as I don't have to deal with an Alex Pwn type of pony, then I just might consider.)
  4. Whooves Industries – Technic Engineer wanted
  5. Papa Pizza – Delivery Pony wanted
  6. Manehatten's Silver Lining – Friendship Counselor wanted Well, I do have a degree from the School of Friendship. This is right up my alley.

Page 5


10:00 AM

I've gone back to my room, where I put on my best business wear to look the part for applying a job. I'm not always going to wear my Mare-Do-Well suit. Though let's just say should the need arise, and in case of emergency, I always keep it close to me for a quick wardrobe change. And it doesn't involve the same tactic as Clark Kent to Superman, a superhero of the DC Comics from the other world, where Sunset Shimmer resides.

Now that I think about, if I can make it more like Tony Stark to Iron Man, then it would be both epic and convenient for my career.

I think I'm getting ahead of myself. I have to get this job, and I can not mess it up.

List of things I need to say for my interview:
"I like to play my part in making the world a better place!" Mediocre
"I'm one of Princess Twilight Sparkle's upstanding pupil!" Nah, too exaggerating
"I believe in the Magic of Friendship!" Too cliche.

Sometimes, I could really use the expert opinion of some pony who has made a career in pre-reading and all. Oh well, here's hoping. With Princess Twilight Sparkle, or Celestia, or the great Fausticorn as my witness, here's hoping! Only time will tell if I get the job or not.