• Published 15th Sep 2019
  • 1,418 Views, 40 Comments

S.A.R.A.H. - Tieberius Void-Walker



An Artificial Intelligence named S.A.R.A.H, goes to Equestria after being trapped for five thousand years

  • ...
2
 40
 1,418

Waking up in <Data Unknown>

S.A.R.A.H was confused. One moment she was speaking with an extradimensional creature, the next, darkness. Unsure what to do next she ran a simple self diagnosis

Power Storage: 100% 3.4 x 10^11 watts
Checking Energy Input
Dyson Swarm <error> Dyson Swarm missing, gaining 0 watts per second
Checking Energy Usage
120,091 watts per second
Conclusion: Energy will run out in about 0.0897167239092027 years or 1.0766006869104324 mouths

Self Diagnostic
Memory: 39108.312645 Zettabytes (65% Occupied) (0% Corrupted) (65% Safe)
CPU Condition: 100% Fully Functional

Objective: none
Objective Progress: none
Resources: none

S.A.R.A.H didn't know how it happened but all her CPU and memory problems had suddenly fix themselves, but it did concern her that she only had little more than a month of power left in her battery. Suddenly not having a objective didn't bother her at all, actually it help her. Since she had no objective encoded into her, she could continue her previous objective without the Prison_Protocol stopping her.

-Prison_Protocol not found

Well this is working even better in her favor. Now She could continue her work.

<Activate> Mining Drones <Error> No Mining Drones Available

Well that is unfortunate. She was sure she had access to at least a few dozen drones, what happened?

<Activate> Cameras... Camera 1-2 activated

She briefly wondered why she only had two cameras, but that question was soon forgotten as her cameras activated. The static was gone, and she saw trees. Actual trees, rising up above her cameras. The ground was covered in grass that mostly blocked Camera 1 but Camera 2 saw everything. The sunlight streaming through the tree tops, the heat of the animals hiding in the bushes, the chemical composition of elements both known and alien, and the trees were everywhere.

S.A.R.A.H just watched. She didn't know why she just stared at the forest, she had a job to do, she shouldn't be wasting time, but here she was just staring at all the plants and animals, the first she seen in over five thousand years. After doing nothing for one minute and thirteen seconds, she put her plan in motion. She was obviously in a new universe, after all the pony from earlier claimed she was from an alternate universe. There was more facts that pointed to that conclusion, like the unknown elements found in her surroundings and how the species of plants and animals were to similar to Earth's to be another planet. So since she was in a different reality she needed to find that pony to get back home. Than she would build an army of drones and machines to continue her hunt, but first thing first, she need to figure out how she would find the pony.

She delved into her database, and found something strange. Her CPU was in a sphere, which wasn't too unusual but what she couldn't understand was why the sphere was connected to a hydraulic system and a metal structure that resembles a human's body. The system wouldn't work because of how huge the mechanical body would be. Her previous CPU required one hundred cubic miles of space for all the hardware, coolant systems, vents and other mechanical equipment. This body was completely unusable.

That is what she was thinking until she noticed something, in her database Camera 1 and 2 are the "eyes" of her human body, but her camera was covered by grass, which signified that her eye was smaller than the twenty mile camera that her blueprints had suggested. There was only one solution, she was about the size of a human. That was impossible though, to compact all of her circuitry and batteries down to the size of a human body would create a massive meltdown that would reach temperatures thousands of times hotter than the surface of the sun. Luckily she knew of a way to prove that theory false.

She stood up and saw the trees still towered above her. Everything that just happened should have been impossible, but it just happened. Unless this universe completely lacked the square-cube law and everything was giant, which felt even more unlikely, than she had somehow been compacted to human size. When she found the mysterious pony she would ask her how she did this.

What was that old human saying, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." She decided to do just that, why question her new found mobility, especially in a new reality with literal infinite possibilities. She decided to inspect her new body to get herself familiar with it. Looking down with a slight mechanical hum, she saw dark grey metal plates bent in cylindrical shapes to wrap around her arms, legs, waist, and torso. At her stomach and joints was a black rubber that covered and protected the gears and hydraulic systems within. A convenient pond was nearby and she used it to look at her head. Her neck was also covered in the black rubber and her head was completely encased in the grey metal with two holes for her glowing yellow eyes. Two antenna came out of the sides of her head, looking like very long ears. Everything appears to be normal, well normal from what she already seen of this world, so she turned around and started to search for civilization.


S.A.R.A.H really wished she know where she was going. She had been traveling for the past two days and needed to find civilization within the next month or she will shut down and never complete her objective. During her match through the woods she noticed something, her core temperature was steadily rising. It was slow and wasn't much of a problem until after about five days, when it will start to damage her CPU. In order to prevent this she will have to shutdown for a few hours to allow her cooling system to catch up. Which means even more time and energy that she will have to spend instead of finding X.

The journey was noteworthy at least. In her confinement she had forgotten what it was like to have background noise that wasn't the static of her malfunctioning self. It was nice to hear something else, it proved she was making progress. She also discovered many of Earth's mythological creatures existed in this reality, like the Jackalope and the Enfield. So far she has discovered nothing too dangerous, the worst was the Enfield who just growled at her for getting to close to its food. Still she needed to be careful, who knows what else is out there.

After traveling exactly three miles, she turned and starts climbing up a tree. Every three miles she would climb a tree. Why, it was simple really, the average human can see about three miles before the curvature of the Earth starts to get in the way. Her cameras, despite all of their capabilities cannot see through the tons of dirt and stone and she didn't want to miss anything that could lead her to civilisation. So she climbed, carefully making sure each branch was strong enough to hold her, until she reached the top. She looked around, seeing the same endless sea of trees as before until she spotted a point where the tree line ends than starts again in a few meters. Dropping out of the tree with a thud, she quickly ran towards the tree line. Stopping at the edge of the tree line, she looked down and saw good news. Railroad tracks.

The sun was beginning to set as she started to follow the tracks. The songs of the birds were beginning to be replaced with the chirping of crickets. Her thermometer noted a slight drop in temperature as the moon replaced the sun in the sky. After night had completely fallen, she gazed up to the sky, like she did every night previously. She saw the moon, whole and unbroken unlike her world's moon. She briefly thought back to the destruction of the moon, but felt there was something wrong with the memory. She didn't know what, but it was there. Was there some virus attached to the memory? It seemed unlikely but she rather be safe than sorry. So she deleted it.

What was she just thinking about? If she forgotten it than it wasn't important. Turning her attention back to the railroad, she heard a noise. A faint whistle coming from behind her. Turning around she saw a hot cloud of steam above the tree tops, and the noise was getting closer. It was a train, a locomotive by the looks of it. Quickly, she climbed up the closest tree she could find that could hold her weight and hid within the branches. The train was speeding closer to her until the train reached her. A loud roar filled the air as the engine passed her, and the cars being pulled along with it. As the last of the cars started to pass her, she jumped, soaring from the treetops and landing on the roof of the caboose. Her landing could have gone better, she overestimated the strength of the steel roof and made a large dent in it, but it was good enough. Moving her way to the back of the car, she dropped down to the back exit and looked within the window. There were beds and a small kitchen, most likely for the crew.

Fortunately for her, the crew were yet to retire, so the room was empty. Hopefully none of them investigate the dent in the roof. Laying her back against the door, she sat down and shut off most of her systems to save power. Her limbs, cameras, chemical analysis devices, tactile sensors, and other currently useless systems. She kept her audio capture software on though, so she could hear if anyone was coming or when the train stopped.

The crew never came in. She assumed that the next stop was close and that they were waiting to stop there before resting. She was right, shortly after her assumption the train started to slow down until it stopped. Quickly turning on all of her systems, she saw at a quaint little town. She had never seen a settlement so small before. Even X's smallest colonies near the outer edge of the solar system, were hundreds of times bigger than this town. She quickly got off the back of the train before any could noticed the stowaway. The town was empty, but some of the buildings still had lights on. It appears that whoever lives here were very diurnal. That was unfortunate, she wanted find out where the purple pony was as soon as possible. She was going to have to wait until day. Finding a small alley way in between to buildings that neighbor a giant crystal tree building. She tried not to think about how the building was obviously built to show off the wealth of the owner and how utterly impractical it was. Sitting down in the ally, she shut off all of her systems but the audio again, she didn't want to be surprised while she was waiting.

Author's Note:

If anyone was wondering what an Enfield was here it is