• Published 14th Aug 2012
  • 1,064 Views, 23 Comments

Tears of the wind - stardust flare



a simple story about everyones overconfident mare Rainbow Dash when the truly strange happens :D

  • ...
17
 23
 1,064

Awakening

Tears of the wind


Chapter 1


Awakening


It was a warm summer night in Ponyville, even up in the cloud home of Rainbow Dash. Every pony was asleep in their homes; this included Rainbow but, in Camelot, the two royal pony princess’s were both awake. They both looked at each other with astonished looks on their faces.
Luna turned to her sister and asked, "Did you feel that?
Celestia could only nod in agreement, still unsure of what she had felt. The two sisters continued to ponder what felt like a magical flair, similar to what Twilight gave off during her entrance exam at Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns.

Meanwhile, back in the sleepy town of Ponyville, Rainbow awoke with a jump. After finally getting up, she looked around her puffy room, dazed and confused. She felt like something had literally knocked her out of bed, almost felt like magic... but how would she know that she wasn’t a unicorn? So after realizing it was still only midnight, the cyan Pegasus got back into bed and drifted off to sleep once more.

Awaking the next morning, Rainbow got out of bed and stretched, feeling all the bones in her wings crack. Slowly, she then moved on to the kitchen. There, Tank was waiting for her with a hungry look on his face.
Rainbow looked back and said, "Ok, here," as she gave him a bowl of food.
Then she sat down and ate a simple breakfast of oats and a glass of orange juice.
After breakfast, Rainbow had an hour to waste before work. She decided to head into town. On the way she met up with Applejack, who was also on her way to pick up some supplies from town. On the way they chatted about random things happening around town. Upon reaching the middle of town they ended their conversation and went their separate ways.

Rainbow decided to head to Twilight's to ask about last night. With a jolt, she flew away towards the library that Twilight called her home. Usually she would just crash in through the window, but today she actually needed something. After a knock on the door and a short wait, Twilight answered her friend with a smile.
"What’s up, Dash?"
Dash replied, "I got a quick question about magic."
Twilight looked and said, "Oh? How can I help?"
Then a smile returned to her face. Dash turned and asked, "What was your flair like?" Twi looked puzzled.
"My flare?"
Dash said, "Yeah, you know, when you got your cutie mark and all." Waving a hoof a Twi.
Twilight looked at her and said, "Well, it's kind of hard to explain..."
There was a pause, then she said, "It was like a moment of pure confusion..."
Dash looked disappointed, then quickly asked, "Well, what about magic sense?" Twilight thought for a moment and replied, "I don’t understand what you want to know." "Well," Dash trailed off.
"What does it feel like?"
"What does magic sense feel like?" responded Twilight.
"Yea! That’s it." Twilight thought to herself for a moment while Dash hoofed the ground. Twilight finally looked at Dash and said,
"Well, it's like…kind of a tingly feeling in your head, but you can eventually tell the difference between what kind of magic your feeling. Does that help?" Twilight asked.
Dash looked up from hoofing the ground and said,
"I don’t know. Could it ever push you out of bed?"
"Push you out of bed?!" Twi responded.
She giggled, "I don’t think that’s ever happened before."
"Well, can non-unicorns have a magic sense?"
Twi eyed her and responded,
"Yes, I suppose they can. Why?"
"Well, I think I felt magic last night, but I don’t know what to make of it." Rainbow said. Twilight, completely into the conversation, realized they had been standing the whole time. Turning to Rainbow, "Before we continue, would you like a seat?"
Dash happily accepted and sat next to her friend.
"So you felt magic? How so?"
Dash explained that she shot out of bed around midnight, landing on the floor, and after getting up she suddenly felt magic.
"But I don’t know what magic feels like, that’s why I'm here."
Twilight looked at her with a questioning stare.
Dash blurted out, "I know it was magic of a sort, but I don’t know why."
Twilight called to Spike, who came running down the steps. Halfway down, he stopped and asked, "What is it, Twilight?"
Noticing Rainbow, he waved and said, "'morning, Dash."
She returned the wave with a smile. Then turning her attention back to Twilight once more. She was asking Spike to bring a book on types of magic. Spike quickly nodded and ran off to find the right book.

Back in the palace in the capital of Canterlot, all the staff was busy running around grabbing papers and books for the princess sisters, whom were sitting in the library. Celestia was reading some book while Luna, clearly, casted spells in the corner of the room which were illuminated but a faint blue aura.
Having finished her spell, Luna moved over to Celestia and said, "Sister, I can’t trace it." The white Alicorn looked at her and said, "Very well, at least you tried."
Her sister looked at her with a fake smile, then went off to study other books that were pilling up all around. After long hours of research, the Sun Princess still had no idea what it was she was looking for. She levitated over a quill and parchment. She began to write to my faithful student. It read;
Twilight Sparkle,
We have a situation here. I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but last night there was some kind of magic flair or similar event. I need your help in Canterlot to research this phenomenon, please write back soon.

Celestia

Then in a flash of gold magic, followed by green and grey smoke, the letter vanished, already on its way to Twilight.

End chapter 1
Hope you enjoyed please comment :D