• Published 15th Aug 2012
  • 5,870 Views, 68 Comments

Weekends are too long - Jeweled Pen



Pinkie Pie living with Rarity for the weekend. RariPie

  • ...
12
 68
 5,870

Sunday

Pinkie crawled across the ground, a massive grin on her face. Hee hee, her plans may have been ruined yesterday, but not anymore! Now she would start off before Rarity had a chance to sidetrack her with things like spas! She slowly nudged open the door to the fashionista's bedroom and watched the sleeping mare. The bedside clock said it was eight a.m. So she was absolutely positively no chance at all of being wrong no matter what any pony said sure that Rarity would be getting up soon! Pinkie pushed the gong into the room and slowly closed the door behind her, before doing a quick check to make sure all the instruments were there. Kazoo, check. Confetti cannon, check. Drums, check. Bells, check. Rattler, check. Balloons, check. Okay!

She gripped a mallet firmly in her teeth, and then slammed it into the gong.

"This is your singing wake up call it's time to get out of bed!"

Rarity screamed and flew out of the bed, the cucumber slices flying from her face as her sleeping face mask was smeared on the ground where she landed.

"We woke you up cause light is burning and we think you're a sleepy head!"

Rarity struggled to get free from the covers that fell on her, she was under attack! By a marching band! It was the only explanation! She needed a weapon, any kind of weapon!

"It's time for breakfast I made it this time and it's really swell!"

Rarity grabbed a pen. Let them come get her! Just let them try to get her, so help them she will ruin their outfits so bad they would never get a chance of winning any band competitions!

"I even cleaned up all the mess so there isn't even a bad smell!"

Wait, was that... Pinkie? Holy Celestia what was wrong with that mare?!

"I have the whole day planned out so we can do all these neato things!"

Rarity slowly crawled from out of the blanket, glaring at her wake up call.

"So get up and let's do stuff and you'll see the fun it brings!"

Pinkie finished the song by banging on the gong one last time, as confetti shot across the room.

Rarity eeked as a particulary strong chunk of confetti hit her in the stomach, knocking her over and exploding into a burst of colors. "Pinkie?" She groaned.

"Yes Rarity?"

"Next time... Just poke me and say good morning."

"Okie dokey lokey! Breakfast is downstairs when you're ready!" Pinkie hopped off, leaving the gong behind but thankfully taking the other instruments with her.

"... Maybe a gag would be the answer. And slight bondage..." She cringed as she heard the sounds of drums from the stairs. "Or every piece of rope in town." She glanced to the clock, wondering what Celestia-forsaken hour it... Oh. Well. Apparently she had slept in quite a bit longer than she should have. Slowly she got to her hooves and walked towards the bathroom. At least last night she had been able to perform her nightly rituals, even if she hadn't been able to remove them properly. Soon she was clean, combed, and had her face on perfectly as she stepped out of the bathroom and posed for a moment. She. Was. Fabulous! Now time for breakfast.

Soon she entered the kitchen and her eyes quickly scanned the area. There were exactly... Two smudges on the floor, the sink needed to be cleaned, and one minor spill on the counter. All in all it would only take her a good ten minutes to clean up the mess, so a very large improvement from yesterday. She moved to the table and cringed. Rainbow hay bacon, oatmeal that was more sugar, whipped cream, and candy than oats. And in the very center of the table. It stood there. Toast. Toast that she could only guess was crafted out of a block of cotton candy. Which she found a tad impressive since she didn't know that cotton candy could be bought by the loaf.

"Eat up! I made it all myself!" Pinkie said as she popped some of the multi-spectrum bacon into her mouth.

"I can see that..." Rarity slowly levitated a piece of the bacon over. Closing her eyes, she took a bite of it and... Even her taste buds were sent into a wave of confusion. She couldn't tell if it tasted horrible or if it tasted good, the flavor unable to fully settle. Gingerly she tried a bite of the oatmeal and then finally a piece of the toast. She sighed as she slowly pushed the meal away. "I'm uhhh... Stuffed Pinkie."

"But you only had a few bites. That's not even a real breakfast for a filly! If you don't eat a good breakfast you'll be all skinny and blow away in a windy day!"

"... I'm not worried about that darling. Besides, unicorns opperate... Differently than earth ponies." Her eyes glanced over her friend. While Pinkie was more than able to pull off the slightly larger girth, she was also an earth pony. The extra girth allowed her pink friend to look quite fetching, but on a unicorn like her? It would- why was she examining her friend's body in such a manner? Red flooded her cheeks as she rose from the table. "No, I'm afraid I positively could not eat another bite. However while it is morning perhaps we could-"

"Oh oh! I got a great idea Rarity! I've got a whole day of fun and excitement planned out for us!" Pinkie hopped around as she began taking care of the left overs, devouring more than a few pieces of bacon and slices of toast as she went.

"Oh... O-of course Pinkie. What exactly did you have in mind?"

"It's a surprise!" Pinkie dropped a small blindfold onto the table, though she didn't understand why it made Rarity blush. "Put this on and I'll show you! We're going to have the best day ever!" She began hopping around again.

"Very well darling." Slowly Rarity put the blindfold on and was led around. She tried to focus and determine where they were going, but the moment they left the boutique her sense of direction was quickly lost and she had no choice but to follow blindly. Fortunately, Pinkie managed to keep her from tripping over anything. The air was cool today and it didn't feel nearly as warm as the day before, perhaps she should have brought a scarf.

"We're here!" The blind fold was ripped away, and... Rarity just stared.

"Where are we?" They were in the middle of a empty field, well almost empty. Six colored wires of plastic had been positioned around the ground, bent to form hoops. A small pink ball and a small white ball were besides similiarly colored wooden mallets. The field had large pits dug into them which some of the hoops skirted around. "Is... This a croquet course? I don't remember Ponyville having anything like this..." It did look quite... Uncouth. For a croquet course.

"They don't! I made one! It's like fancy miniature golf, right? Look! I even made sand traps! Well, minus the sand and more dirt. But they're similiar, right?" Pinkie smiled at Rarity as she hopped around. "I know you like fancy things so I got up extra early and set all these things up. I had to borrow some stuff from some ponies though so we need to be extra careful and not break anything."

"Pinkie darling? Have you ever actually played croquet?"

"Nope! But you just hit the ball through all the hoops and then yah win, right?"

"Ah... Well, yes. I suppose that is one manner it can be played. Very well. As I clearly have the advantage I will allow you to go first."

"Okie dokey lokey!" Pinkie hopped off and grabbed the pink mallet. "FORE!" She yelled before swinging the mallet as hard as she could, holding it firmly in her mouth, and hitting the ball with a loud crack. It flew through the air as Rarity watched in dread. It hit a large stone, bounced off it and came back towards them. It hit the ground long before it came too close however, and then went through one of the hoops. It then rolled along the edges of one of the 'sand traps' before spinning off to hit a second hoop, but it wasn't finished yet! It kept rolling along before hurtling into one of the pits and then rolling out the other side and a few feet in the air, the last of its momentum spent as it landed directly in the center of a third hoop. "Wow! This game is easier than I thought it would be!"

"..." Rarity just stared, her mouth agape. Had any other pony made a shot like that she would have thought they cheated. Any other pony. She gripped her own croquet hammer with magic. "A very nice shot Pinkie." She would need to work hard if she wished to win. However she was confident. Her little pink friend definitely had luck on her side, but Rarity had been playing this game for years even if she only rarely got to practice. After all what high class lady couldn't play a simple game of croquet? She lightly hit her ball with all the poise and decorum of a true noble pony.

"Woo hoo I win again!" Pinkie said as her ball went through the last hoop once again. The skies were filled with clouds and rain was now pouring down, but she wouldn't allow a little water to dampen her spirits. Besides, Rarity seemed to be having fun!

The fashionista ground her teeth as she clenched her mallet firmly in her magic. "That's thirteen games in a row... Best of twenty-seven?" She had never in all her years suffered such defeats in this noble sport! Even during her brief stay in Canterlot she had managed to hold her own against the lords and ladies, and they likely played this game a few times a week! She had to win at least once! She magically set up the balls once again before grinning. It worked for Pinkie, so surely it must work for her. "Fore!" She hit the ball as hard as she could, sending it flying through the air. Aaaaaand curved right into one of the 'sand traps', now deep muddy pits from which no ball would return.

The two mares moved to the edge and looked at the pit. The white ball was laying in the very center, like a pearl trapped inside a dark muddy clam. "Are you going to try and hit it out?"

"I don't think I can Pinkie. I'll take the penalty shots."

"Oh you can do it Rarity! You're awesome!" Pinkie patted her friend on the back firmly. The motion sent her flying forward, the ground under her wet and slippery as she flew into the pit of mud, rolling down to the bottom. "RARITY! Oh my gosh are you okay? I'm so so sorry do you need help?" Oh Celestia what had she done? She never meant to do that! She let out a sigh of relief as her friend picked herself up and made her way up the mud pit. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry!" She held out a hoof to help her up.

"Pinkie? You missed my sister's little visit recently, didn't you?" Rarity asked as she gripped the pink hoof firmly.

"Huh? Which time?"

"Nevermind." A grin formed on the Fashionista's face. No. She wouldn't. She couldn't.

She did. Pinkie shrieked as she was yanked into the pit, the two ponies tumbling down into a small muddy abyss.

Soon the two were at the bottom of the pit and Rarity lunged on top of her pink friend, pinning her down. "Why, I do believe I have won this round. You should know better than to push somepony in the mud Pinkie." She tut tutted. "Now normally I wouldn't resort to such measures of vengence. However I am afraid you have forced my hoof darling." Her hoofs reached down as she began to enact her justice on the poor mare!

"Bwa ha ha ha ha hee hee stop! Mercy! I give! Hee hee!" Pinkie shrieked and giggled as she was mercilessly tickled, thrashing about in the mud.

"Oh dear, what was that?" Rarity asked as she continued her little tickle assault.

"I GIVE! Hee hee hee! You win! I surrender!" She squealed as the tickling slowed but didn't quite stop.

"Are you going to knock me into the mud again?"

"No no never ever ever! Pinkie promise! I Pinkie promise!" She giggled and gasped for breath as the tickling stopped.

"Very well." Rarity smiled as she hovered her mallet and ball over, tossing them out of the pit. She gazed down at her friend for a moment. My she was quite a comfortable chair, even when covered in mud, her slightly pudgy body was quite soft and... Okay she had best not think those thoughts, as a bit of pink coated her cheeks. She soon jumped from the pit, the mud melting from her body to leave her clean and pristine despite the fact that she was still soaking wet.

"Wow. How did you do that?" Pinkie asked as she climbed out, shaking like a dog but still quite muddy.

".... A spell I learnt recently. I used it during the social. If I had to spend a whole race covered in mud I wasn't going to let it stay on a second after and this makes every drop just fall right off. Now stand still so I can use it on you..." In a few moments, Pinkie was devoid of mud as well.

"Coooool. Does it work for other things too? This could be really good when I babysit and need to use flour!"

"Uhhh... What? Nevermind. Let's gather our things and head back inside. It's dreadfully cold in this rain and I think we'd best warm up before we catch our death of cold." Besides, she thought proudly, I did win one... Even if it was a tiny bit unconventional.

The rain began to pick up as they arrived back at the boutique, the two ponies drenched to the bone. "I'm going to get Rainbow Dash for this..." Rarity grumbled as she walked into the building. "She was supposed to warn me if we were going to have any more rain storms. STOP!" She lunged and grabbed Pinkie, who was about to perform another wild dog shake. "You'll get water everywhere. Come along, we'll take a bath."

"Okie dokey lokey!" The water logged pink mare happily hopped up the stairs, leaving splashes all across the floor as she went.

Rarity cringed and followed behind her, gliding a towel around to clean up the messes as they were made. At least it was only a little bit of mud from walking through the streets. Mostly just water. Oh dear her beautiful carpet... She focused on the carpet until she heard a sound that made her heart jump. Loud hissing. And a very low, dangerous growl. Opalescence! She ran through the house ignoring her dripping water as she skidded past the bathroom, and then ran back to peer inside. Pinkie was giggling in the tub, and petting her kitty. Who was growling in a low threatening manner, drenched to the bone and wearing a foamy bubble beard. Despite her angry growls, the splashy mare didn't seem to notice the kitty's obvious anger, rage as well as the threat she posed.

"Pinkie... Perhaps you should..." Gummy skidded by on a bar of soap, making Rarity cringe. "Let Opalescence go. I don't think she is a... Very big fan of the bath."

"But we're having so much fun! I was even going to do her hair like yours." Pinkie pulled out a comb and brush, momentarily releasing the kitty. Opal did not hesitate, darting from the tub and escaping through the door. "Awww..."

"Now Pinkie, the tub is not for playing around in. It is for getting clean. And where did you get bubble bath from?"

"I always carry a bottle around in case of emergencies. Oh oh!" She then pulled out a parcel and tossed it into the air. It exploded into a puff of glitter and streamers.

"... An invitation?" Rarity facehoofed and walked towards the tub, shaking her head. She plopped down inside and began to rinse the cold water out of her hair, quickly warming herself in the steamy water. At least she wouldn't have to worry about catching a cold now.

"Rarity?"

"Yes Pinkie?"

"Tickle fight!"

"What? Pinkie! EEEEEK!" Rarity shrieked as she was pounced by her friend, splashing around as she was tickled relentlessly. "Wah hah hah! S-stop!"

"Hee hee. Are you going to tickle me in the mud again?" The tormenting mare asked as she sat on her friend and tickled with no signs of relenting.

"No! Never again! Wah hah hah! I promise! I Pinkie promise! You win!" She shrieked, thrashing about as she tried to escape the evil hooves. She laid there panting once the tickles stopped, blowing into the water so it bubbled. "This is not what a tub is for Pinkie." She grumbled as she slowly got up. "No more games, time to wash up."

"There's always time for games!" She cringed at the glare she received. "A-although ummm, not this time."

"Very good." Rarity grabbed a loofah and a bottle of shampoo... Soon the two mares exited the bathroom, sparkly clean and even Pinkie's hair had a fabulous blue bow in it. "There. Now let's clean up the mess and then we..." She glanced towards the slumber 101 book. "We can play a little game."

"Okie dokey lokey!" Pinkie grabbed a towel but stopped when she suddenly heard a rumbling. "What was that?"

"Nothing! I didn't hear anything." Rarity said quickly as she used her magic to grab another towel and begin to dry up their water. The noise occured again.

"Is that your stomach?" Pinkie asked as she was suddenly besides the unicorn, head pushed against her stomach.

"NO! It is not! A lady's stomach does not growl. It's... The plumbing. It must be-" She was cut off again as another rumble occured, louder than the previous ones. Her cheeks burned with embarressment as she looked to the side. "I ummm... Am... A tad hungry."

Pinkie just giggled. "Of course you are, silly, you barely touched your breakfast. Want more hay bacon?"

"What? No I ummm... How about I go prepare supper while you finish cleaning up here, okay darling?" Before objections could be raised, Rarity ran out the doorway, trotting down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Soon, she stood in the kitchen with her refrigerator open, looking into its contents. She needed to make something filling yet appetizing. Also something quick and easy... Well at least easy. Ah! She pulled a small package from the fridge. A nice dandelion and grass steak would do the trick, cooked in some apple cider she had kept for a special occasion after apple cider season had ended. And perhaps with a side of... Color flooded her cheeks as she pushed the steak back into the fridge. Making a meal like that was reserved for a more special occasion, something along the lines of Hearts and Hooves day... On the other hoof...

She slowly hovered the steak out again. Her friend was important, and it wasn't every day she had sleepovers. According to Pinkie, this was her very first. Surely it would do the dear good to get one nice meal that wasn't filled to the brim with sugar. She flicked the stove on as she pulled out a pan. Yes, that's all it was. Just a nice meal between friends. While the steak cooked, she grabbed a small rag and began to clean the kitchen, humming as she cleaned the small traces of mess Pinkie had left from her earlier breakfast-making experience.

After the kitchen had been cleaned and the steaks were about done, Pinkie came trotting into the kitchen. "Ohhhh, what smells so good?" she asked as she sniffed the air.

"Pinkie, did you finish cleaning the water up?" She waggled a spoon at her... And then quickly put it away. She couldn't believe she just did that, she was far far too young to be doing that.

"Yup! As dry as a cupcake! So what's cookin'?" She moved to the stove and sniffed.

"Alfalfa steaks. What?" Pinkie made a face at those words.

"But alfalfa taste horrible..."

"Well obviously you've never had me cook it." Rarity tutted, "now run along and wash up for supper. It will be done soon."

"But I just took a bath... You were there."

"Do it anyway after cleaning up the floor. You always wash your hooves." Rarity said firmly as she shut the stove off and placed the steaks on the table over two of her surviving plates. "After this, how about we go upstairs and play some truth or dare, okay? I believe that was the last thing on the slumber party list."

"What? But we haven't had a pillow fight or gone camping or sung karaoke!"

"Oh. Right, I suppose we can do some of those after we do truth or dare." Rarity said as she began to eat her steak. She wondered if maybe she should light a candle or... No. It wasn't that kind of dinner.

"Can we start now?" Pinkie asked as she chewed her steak. "Hey it doesn't taste icky!"

"Of course it doesn't! I'll have you know I am a marvelous cook. Also talk with your mouth empty. And I suppose we can start now." She placed her fork down. "Shall I go first?"

"Okay! I choose dare!"

"... Excuse me?"

"Well if you go first you ask me truth or dare and then I choose! And I choose dare! So dare me!"

"Oh... Twilight had left that part out. Though I suppose it makes sense... Okay then. Pinkie, I dare you to ummm... Ah. I know. You were always a fan of the pranks, correct? I dare you to play a large prank on Rainbow Dash the next time you see her. Is that satisfactory?" Rarity asked before she began to chew her steak again until she swallowed and continued, "and I choose truth."

"Okay! Ummmm... Oh! Rarity, why don't you ever have sales?" Rarity choked on her steak then, nearly falling out of her chair as she tried to, well... not die.

"Grrk... Hack... Grkchah!" The remains shot on the floor as she gasped for air. Shame flooded her cheeks as she scooped it up with a rag and tossed it in the trash. "Pinkie, what would ever possess you to ask such a question?!"

"Ummm well I heard some ponies talking about it and I was thinking since you're the most generous pony I know it seemed odd that you were never super duper generous and holding sales and stuff!"

"Well you see Pinkie there is a good reason for that. Most of my outfits are hoof crafted and then the designs themselves are sold to other ponies who may mass produce them. On occasion, I will make custom wares for ponies, but I don't have enough materials to mass produce dresses and host extravegant sales like some of the more major shops. I also charge a rather low fee for the dresses I do create and for the rights to my dresses, so slashing the prices any further would likely make it near impossible for me to afford my payments on my shop. Now, truth or dare?"

"Dare!"

Rarity let out a sigh as the game proceeded as such. Pinkie just kept choosing dare over and over, no matter what Rarity picked! Finally she just snapped. "I DARE YOU TO CHOOSE TRUTH NEXT TIME!"

The earth pony stared in shock, and then giggled. "If you wanted to ask me a question why didn't you just say so? Hee hee. Dares are so much more fun! Go ahead then, truth."

"I... It... Argh." She facehoofed once more, though a grin formed on her face. Finally she could get some answers. "Darling, is everything okay?"

"... Wow that's a silly question. Of course everything is okay. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Well... I..." She had envisioned this going differently in her head. "You've just seemed more... Easily upset lately. And when I saw you the night before last you seemed so upset. You know if anything is upsetting you, you can tell me." Her hoof reached out to take Pinkie's. "That's what friends are for. To look after each other."

Pinkie smiled at her. "I-I'm not upset at all! Not at all, really! Why would I ever be upset? Let's play a new game!" She tried to pull her hoof back, but Rarity held onto it tightly.

"Something is upsetting you! Darling, come on tell me. We're friends." She put on her winning smile, and eeked as she lost her grip on her friend's hoof.

"Nothings wrong! Nothing at all. Let's do the pillow fight, okay? I'll... I'll go get the pillows!" She quickly darted towards the stairs, but froze as her tail was gripped by Rarity's magic.

"Pinkie. I'm not sure what has you so upset but you don't have to hide it. There is no need to-"

"I'M NOT UPSET!" She screamed at the top of her lungs before covering her mouth. "I-I'm sorry. I just... I... I should go."

Rarity was so stunned by the outburst she lost her grip on the tail, standing in shock as her friend ran out the door. After a few moments, she ran to the window to watch Pinkie's destination. Down the street and into sugarcube corner. Rarity began to walk around the table, what should she do? If she pushed too hard she might upset Pinkie to much. On the other hoof, if her friend needed her but just wasn't willing to admit it, would it be okay for her to leave her alone? She slammed a hoof down. "No. Pinkie Pie is my friend. And I will not abandon her!" She posed dramatically, hoof in the air before running outside... and then running back in a moment later to grab her umbrella and fabulous poncho, and returning outside again.

She ran through the pouring rain and soon came to sugarcube corner. All the lights were out and the door was slightly ajar, which she pushed open as she entered. "Pinkie? Where are you? Come out." She closed the door behind her and hung the umbrella and poncho up. "Darling?" She began to walk through the shop, first checking the bedrooms but finding nothing. Next she checked the kitchen, and aside from a few used cupcake holders, it was empty as well.

There was only one more place for her to look. Slowly she positioned herself in front of it, and swung the door open! "I'm a mop." An oddly pink mop said from the back.

"... Pinkie. Come out here right this instance. We need to talk." Her horn glowed as she emptied the closet of brooms, mops, buckets, towels, and other cleaning supplies until only the pink mare remained. Taking Pinkie's hoof, Rarity pulled her out of the kitchen and into the entryway of the store, motioning to some chairs. "I want you to tell me everything that's been upsetting you lately. Everything." She held her friend's hoof comfortingly, smiling at her.

"I... I can't."

"And why not?" She asked as she made Pinkie sit in one of the chairs.

"If... If I do, you won't want to be my friend any more."

"Pinkie, that is the silliest thing I have ever heard you say. I would never want to stop being your friend. Okay, let's start small. Why were you crying that night?"

"I was lonely..." Pinkie mumbled as she hung her head in shame.

"..." Rarity moved up behind her friend, hugging her tightly. "Oh Pinkie, that's nothing to be ashamed of. If you were feeling like that why didn't you come to one of us and tell us?"

"Because you were all busy and had stuff to do and nopony likes a friend who's clingy and sulky. I don't wanna be that kind of friend. I want to be the kind of friend you're happy to see and throws parties and is fun and you don't avoid because I'm too clingy..." She poked her hooves together nervously.

"Oh darling... There is nothing wrong with you being a little clingy. And you make lots of ponies happy. Anypony would be happy to spend time with you."

"What if one day I can't?" Pinkie asked as she shivered just a little bit.

"Excuse me?"

"What about when I'm old and wrinkly and my hip falls off like Granny Smith's and I can't throw parties any more and you've ran away and married prince Blueflank in Canterlot and Twilight's busy with her own students and Rainbow Dash is in the wonderbolts and far away and Applejack will be to busy to leave the farm and Fluttershy is to busy with her animals and I'm alone at home all the time and no pony will want to be near me anymore because I won't be the party pony any more I'll be the pony who used to throw parties?!" Pinkie was shaking then, little tears in her eyes.

"Oh Pinkie..." Rarity grabbed her friends face and made her look her in the eye. "A few things. Granny Smith's hip did not fall off and neither will yours. His name is Blueblood and I would rather be dragged kicking and screaming through the everfree swamps, yes all of them, by a pack of rampaging hydras than marry him. And..." a hoof gently went out to stroke her friend's hair. "Even if all that happens... I promise no matter what. If you ever feel lonely, or scared, or worried that no pony will want to be near you... You can always come to me. No matter where I am. And if you can't, I will come to you."

"Pinkie promise?" She asked with a soft little sniffle, staring up at Rarity with big pink eyes. Which was quite impressive
since her eyes weren't even pink.

"Pinkie promise." And she leaned in, sealing the promise with a kiss as she pulled Pinkie in for a tight hug. After a few seconds the kiss ended, leaving Rarity with red cheeks.

"That... That wasn't a friend kiss."

"No..."

"That wasn't even a best friend kiss."

"No, ummm, not quite..."

"That wasn't even a best friend who just threw the best surprise party ever while also bringing in the best dessert cake ever while leading a whole marching band kiss!"

"Pinkie!"

"Okay, it kinda was... But I didn't do any of those things."

"Well... I just thought... What better way to make sure I keep the promise than to ahhhh... Make sure I'm with you forever?" She pulled her even tighter.

And then the door swung open, revealing two earth ponies and a baby unicorn and pegasus. One of the earth ponies was a male with a bright orange coat and darker orange mane, with green eyes and wearing a bowtie, white apron and circular bakers hat. His cutie mark was three slices of cake. The other was a blue coated mare with light red eyes and mane, wearing a yellow apron. Her cutie mark was three cupcakes. The pegasus was a small colt with a brown mane and light brownish gray coat, with dark brown eyes. The unicorn was a small filly with a orange mane and light yellow coat, with blue eyes. They were the Cakes. Owner's of sugar cube corner and Pinkie's landlords.

"Pinkie, we got out early, and we..." The male earth pony said as he walked inside, carrying luggage on his back. He froze at the sight of the two ponies, Pinkie in Rarity's arms.

"I-It's not what it looks like!" Rarity shrieked frantically. "We were just, we weren't, we..." Her face was so red she could almost have passed for a strawberry. "Pinkie, say something!"

"No take backsies, sister!" Pinkie said as she pushed forward, pushing her lips to Raritys... While the grown up Cakes tried to hide the sight from their children!