• Published 30th Dec 2019
  • 2,509 Views, 43 Comments

Improperly Wiped Hard Drive - Carmine Craft



So there I am, suddenly existing, not remembering a thing about who I was before. Fortunately I didn't loose all of my memories, just the ones that were personal. From what i do have, i think i was a human, but now Im a pegasus, in a world like mlp.

  • ...
7
 43
 2,509

Chapter 1: What has Fur, Feathers, and a Confused Look on its Face?

...

...

...

?

"...t's wrong with her? What's wrong with our baby?" someone said nearby. The voice was soft and melodic, female, and by context, I assumed they had been talking for a little while, since she sounded like she was on the verge of tears.

"It's okay hon, whatever it is, I'm sure the good doc knows how to fix it," another voice assured the first, strong and deep, male. The sound of two soft objects rubbing against each other made my left ear flick.

"There is nothing wrong with her, physically," a third voice said, higher than the second, but still definitely male. The sound of chimes and rustling paper brought my ears to attention again, but only for a moment. "She is fully developed, she is breathing normally, but..." The third voice trailed of, it's tone deepening in uncertainty.

The first voice's breath hitched, and the second voice whispered something to the first. "What is it?" the second voice asked.

"It would appear... that... she..." the third voice sighed, and tiny wet plops could be heard in time with the first voice’s growing sobs. "W-We ran some tests, and we didn't pick up any activity in certain areas, and her magic is stagnant-"

'... ma-gic?'

"-it would seem, that your daughter... won't ever..." The third voice never finished that sentence, and the first had completely broken down by this point.

"I-is there a chance? Even the tiniest chance, that she could ever-?" the second voice asked, his own voice welling up with sorrow.

"I'm sorry," the third voice said.

'Something's... off... I feel weird, like I've been up for hours, but I know I just woke up... hmmm.'

"...but she won't ever open her eyes." The third voice, the 'doc' the other two were speaking to, said.

'Huh? Wait, what’s going on? Oh, well that's sad, those other two must be the parents? Losing a child is something no one should ever have to go through.'

I mentally sighed in sympathy for them.

'I wonder if I should say something to them? No, nothing I could say would be able to help... The dad would probably punch me in the face if I tried... wait, why am I here? This seems like a very private thing, I should not be intruding on this family's grieving.'

"Is-is there nothing we could do?" The second voice, the husband pleaded. "Surely someone here... th-the Princess-?"

"I'm sorry sir, but even the most powerful mage can't fix this problem." The doctor sounded crushed, and young, now that I think of it, this was probably the first time he has had to give bad news like this.

'Dang, sorry dude, a comatose kid is your first... I'm sorry did he say mage? As in magic?'

"There has to be something!" The father screamed, renewing his wife's crying, I winced at the desperation, and volume, in his voice.

More shuffling paper, and a sigh from the doctor. "Its... there is nothing we could do..."

N-no..." The grieving parents said at the same time.

'I should get outta here... leave these two to console each other...' I decided, but when I started thinking about it, the situation didn't make any sense, they kept saying something about magic and princesses. 'Strange, am I in a foreign country? The magic thing us probably just their beliefs, and I'm not stupid enough to ask a dumb question to someone in mourning.'

Another inconsistency was that I had been listening to this happen, so the hospital must not have enough rooms and I was in recovery for... something. 'Huh, can't remember what happened to me, but my hands feel numb, so something must have happened.'

Yet another glaring issue, I could feel... an odd weight on my back and... 'Hold on... what the? how am I laying like this?'

My stomach was on the bed, and my arms were curled underneath my collarbone, my legs were folded underneath my body as well, to top it all off, my head was held aloft, which does not compute with the way I know my bones are supposed to work. 'I'm not supposed to be able to sit like a freaking cat, I'm a-! ... oh that's not good, what am I again? I can't be a cat, or a dog, that doesn't make sense, it just feels wrong.'

'What's-it? What's-it? What's-it... hu-man? I- hrmm... I know what a human is, but I can't remember what I am... but I was probably one of those? Given what I'm seeing in my memories...'

The things on the sides of my head, which are more commonly known as ears, twitched at an approaching noise, it sounded similar to high heels on tile, but something was missing.

"B-b-but she, she responds!" the mother pleaded, now much closer to me, for some reason. "H-her ears, and her tail, and, and and-" she sobbed.

'Think later, avoid distressed woman now!'

I swallowed and reached my arm forward. It was met with soft bed, hospital bed most likely.

'Okay, got absolutely no idea what's going on, or who I am, or what I am, but I can move, so I gotta go.' I dragged myself over further, probing for the sudden drop off that would signify the edge of the bed. 'Now I've just gotta swing my legs underneath myself and...' The things on my back twitched partway through my attempt to get to my feet, the weird part about that is that I felt it, as if these extra somethings were a part of me. This resulted in calm and rational questions.

'Wha-the-fu-?!'

I panicked and slipped off the strangely large surface of the bed. My hands and feet clacked against the tiled floor, and gave out from underneath me, I hit the ground with a thud and a moan, rubbing my head.

'Owowowow...' I hissed in pain.

"What was that?" The father asked, my oddly mobile ears telling me he was facing my direction.

'Shit... exactly what I didn't want, why didn't I see this coming? Oh...'

More approaching clicky-clacky steps, and I just then realized that my eyes were closed. My eyes had been closed the entire time. 'How the fuck did I not realize that my eyes were closed? it takes a special kind a stupid to forget you have eyes.' I mentally chided myself for my ineptitude, and decided to fix this mistake.

I opened my eyes, and immediately shut them with a wince. My vision was swimming and I was staring directly into the overhead light.

'Ugh, I musta hit my head pretty hard, before I wound up in the hospital, I can't remember being this dumb.'

"G-Glitter?" the woman's voice asked hopeful, by the sounds of it, the question was either directed at me, or someone in close proximity to me.

I opened my eyes again, my vision slightly blurry, but more stable. What I saw was odd beyond compare. Three horses, with cartoonishly large eyes, were staring at me. The one nearest to me had cream colored fur and a green mane, it's facial expression was filled with recent sorrow, and a heaping spoonful of hope, enough to match the voice from before, and it was staring, at me.

The second one was a dark blue, with a blue mane, it was looking at me in a mixture of surprise and slowly rising hope.

The third one was a beige coated guy, sporting a red mane and lab coat, oh and a horn that was glowing like an indigo LED. A clipboard hovering next to him was covered in a matching aura.

Further examination showed me that the two others in the room were sporting wings. Feathery wings. I looked between these three mythical creatures, and then let my face fall into the most natural position possible, anyone in my situation would make this face when confronted by such a scene; complete and utter incomprehension.

"H-how is this..." The Unicorn stallion doctor asked. My brow furrowed further.

"Glitter?" the Pegasus mare asked in the mother's voice again, tears streaming down her face as she stared intently into my eyes. My eye twitched and I squinted at her.

"Is she..." the other equine occupant of the room asked, his tone hopeful, but sounding as if he didn't want some sad truth to come and tear him down again.

I scowled. I scowled at the occupants of the room in utter confusion.

'What. The. Fuck... Why is every... Why are these three... individuals, looking at me? Why are they so big? No, why am I so damn small?!'

The cream colored face of the mare came within inches of my own, her pinkish orange eyes locked onto mine. I reared my head back in surprise, and rolled onto my side in the process. The things on my back sprang out in an attempt to steady myself. I looked at the one sticking straight up into the air in confusion, pink feathers. My lips pulled into a continually deepening frown of confusion, the feathers remained.

'I Have Several Questions.'

I reached out to poke the offending appendage, another one came into view. A pink hoof halted all movement once it came into my field of vision.

'There's another few to add to the list.'

I poked the pink hoof to the pink feathers, felt the funny inner hoof bit rub against the downy feathers. I could also feel the roots of the feathers as I moved them. I looked down, another pink hoof was resting uncomfortably, so I shifted it until it was bearable. I looked behind me, my neck allowed for such an action, a small pink furry body lay partly under the bed, another pink wing stretched from the back of the pink fur into the shade.

"Glitter, can you hear me?" the woman's voice asked again, I whipped around to face them, I was rewarded when a long blue curtain fell in front of me. I brushed it to the side with a- My pink hoof, and looked back at the mare.

'Who are they talking about? Are they talking to me? why would they be calling me "Glitter?" that’s such a stupid name, my name is... Shit, why can't I remember...? This... does not... compute...'

I felt the last of my rational mind dying in the corner.

"This shouldn't be... hold on l-let me..." The doctor came into my field of view, balancing his clipboard on one hoof as his horn flashed brighter. A bubble of identical color shimmered around my skull. My face attempted to curl into a deeper look of befuddlement, but had already found the limit. With nothing else possible, I tilted my head to the right, ever so slightly. "She's... she's all there." the doctor said, thoroughly surprised.

The world blurred around me as I was dragged into the air by the forelimbs of the mare, she spun in circles with me resting on her barrel, she was crying and nuzzling my face, flying upside down, treading the air in a backstroke. I tilted my head more.

"O-our little filly," the husband said, nearly inaudibly. Whenever the mother spun around and I could actually see him, he looked so happy, like he had just been told his wife beat cancer or something.

"She's here! She's right here!" the mother cheered between sobs, tackling her husband to the ground and cradling me with him. The vertebrae in my neck were protesting I wrench my head around any farther.

"It’s a miracle," The husband said, gingerly reaching out and poking my arm, as if to make sure I was real.

"I, I gotta go get Doctor Syringe," the doctor mumbled, opening the door with telekinesis and running down the hall. The pair of pegasi that I was currently sprawled out on were cooing and nuzzling each other, and me, whispering thanks to some higher power. I felt my eye twitch get worse.

'I'm sorry, god or whoever, but I'm gonna need an explanation. Would you kindly explain what the fuck is going on?'

Author's Note:

Hellp there, its beem about a week since i last posted, and Friendship Bomb's latest chapter is still being worked on, so...

Wwwwwelcome! To a brand new story! Alot of world building has gone into this one, and it's gonna run just as long as my first story. That is to say, as long as possible.

If I still haven't updated "That Time I Became A Friendship Bomb" when your reading this, dont worry, a new chapter is on its way!