• Published 22nd Aug 2019
  • 1,127 Views, 30 Comments

Injustice for All - Kaliann25



As the new heroes take over, the old threats of the ponykind must adapt in order to survive, or face an innevitable defeat.

  • ...
2
 30
 1,127

Injustice 07

The Arrow’s debt

The green gas that filled the water reclamation facility was much more noxious than the normal scent of decomposition. At its current concentration, it would overwhelm the gas masks that the occupants wore within minutes. They could escape by destroying the crystal that powered the shield that reinforced the building, but at its current concentration, an uncontrolled release of the gas would be sure to kill everypony within ten kilometers.

Batmare put a hoof on her transmitter. "This is Batmare. Need backup in Canterlot Water Reclamation Plant stat." There was no response. She sent another plea. The response was the same. "I'm not getting through."

Sweetie Borg said, "Let me give it a try. Her robotic ear extended and transformed into a parabolic dish. She aimed it at the top of the ceiling and said, "Need backup in Canterlot Water Reclamation Plant. Signal is being jammed."

Moments later, a distorted voice replied, "This is Silverwing. What's the sitrep?"

Batmare spoke into Sweetie's microphone. "We're trapped inside with a high concentration of Joker gas. We can blow the place, but that would flood Canterlot."

An older voice came through. "Hang tight; we'll be there in a flash."

Seconds later, the voice said, "This is Dash. We're standing by."

Batmare replied, "Open a hole in the top of the roof. We need you to send the gas to the Watchtower holding tank when we drop the shield."

The building shuddered as a missile detonated on the top of the roof. Green light now illuminated the room. A younger distorted voice said, "I have teleportation portal online."

The older voice added, "We have cleanup crew, and we're ready to rumble."

Batmare looked at her companion, who nodded. The Dark Knight said, "Let's do this!" She draped her cape over Sweetie and herself. The cyborg let the barrel of her cannon stick out and shot a squash head round. As the cape fell, covering the heroes, the warhead flattened itself on the column before detonating as a wall of explosive. The shockwave pulverized the column and the artifact.

As Batmare had hoped, the shield collapsed. Outside, a gas mask-wearing Dash flew in a tight spiral, funneling the gas to the portal projected from the Batwing. A second later, a series of bombs detonated, one after the other, destroying the remaining support members in the building, as well as all containment structures.

Raw sewage sprayed from the broken walls, only to be stopped by a green barrier. Lantern took station above and to one side, focusing his will on keeping the effluent contained. Marevel positioned large pieces of the building itself outside the green wall, forming the base of a cofferdam that Trixie and Silverwing filled in with clay, soil, and dead trees. From her outpost, Canary directed the two, positioning the material where it would do the most good.

From under the protection of her cape, Batmare's radio crackled. "You're all clear."

Batmare whipped back her cape and looked up from the island where she and Sweetie stood. Waves of brown lapped at their hooves. She asked, "Can you get us out of here, Sweetie?"

The cyborg replied, "Hang on to your lunch!" Once Batmare had mounted up, Sweetie Borg leapt forward. Rocket engines in her hind legs propelled them over the dam wall.

Once they were safe, Sweetie Borg asked, "Now what?"

"Now, you and I go after that damn clown," said Batmare, taking a small gadget from her belt. She looked at the display as she slowly spun around. "I put a tracker on the juvenile delinquent." Pointing, she said, "They went that way."

In the placid tarn that served as Canterlot's reservoir, an affront to nature boldly stood out against a sea of blue. Closer inspection revealed that it was a raft made of balloon animals. From that perch, a felonious pair looked over the city below.

The Joker groused, "I can't believe it! They ruined my poo party!"

Cozy Clown chuckled nervously. "Look on the bright side, Mr. J. At least you know where to go when you gotta go."

Bitterly, Joker laughed. "You're learning, Cozy. Still, that stinks! Now, we have to go all the way back down there and take out that dam wall."

"Uh, Mr. J . . ."

The Joker patted her head gently, "I meant the thing holding back all that black water. Really, Cozy, you're too young to be thinking about the other meaning."

Cozy sighed. "I know. They stuck me in Tartarus anyway." Noticing Joker's glum expression, she said, "Cheer up, Mr. J. I mean, you and me are just ordinary ponies, and we've managed to hurt the Justice League more than three meta-villains combined.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! How right you are! Come now, we have a dam to take down. Then, all of Canterlot can join in the fun."

The two turned toward a whizzing sound. A black, bat-shaped knife flew between them before arcing back and plunging through the balloons that made up their raft.

"See? Even our friend Batsy wants us to join in the fun!" Joker laughed as he and Cozy dropped into the water. Overhead, Sweetie hovered with her rocket packs while Batmare rode on her back.

"Hey, you blew up the only place suitable for your material," said Batmare, aiming a new batarang at the clowns.

"Aw you're not fun!" said the Joker. Biting down, he pulled on a string at the neck of his poncho.

A new set of balloon animals floated up from under his poncho, slowly pulling him out of the water.

Cozy Clown bobbled to the surface of the water, thrashing wildly. "Help!" she cried. "Can't swim! Can't fly!"

Kicking over, Joker bit down on Cozy's collar. The balloons raised them to face Batmare and Sweetie Borg.

"Ths smm ovrrrrr btyy," said the Joker, with his teeth still clamped down on Cozy's collar.

"What?" asked the filly.

"I sd ths smmm ovvrr btyy!" insisted the Joker, frowning.

Sweetie looked back at Batmare. "Seriously?"

Batmare shrugged. "He may be a clown, but he's no comedian." Looking at Joker, she said, "Try coming up with some original material."

The Joker frowned as he released Cozy. "Ha! You wouldn't recognize a good joke if it bucked you in the face!"

Cozy screamed as she fell back into the water. This time, when she bobbed to the surface, thrashing, a cast net dropped on her. As soon as its weights dropped under her, somepony pulled, dragging her out of the water. Her ascent ended as she came to rest against a carabine attached to a piton driven into the face of the headwall.

Looking over Cozy saw a filly in a black body suit and black domino mask with long black hair that looked as if it were recently released from a braid. The masked filly secured the end of the rope to another piton before releasing the cord from her ascender. "Hey, you can't leave me here!" protested Cozy.

Silverwing shrugged. "Hang tight; we'll come back for you when it's safe. This is no place for fillies."

"Look who's talking!" said Cozy.

Meanwhile, Joker and Batmare were locked in a staredown. Stealthily, they reached forehooves toward hidden pockets. A laser blast shot from Sweetie Borg's forehoof, burning away the strings holding Joker's balloons. Joker dropped like a rock into the water.

Joker bobbed to the surface and watched the balloons gently floating away A multi-colored blur trapped the balloons in a whirlwind and dragged them into the upper atmosphere where they burst harmlessly.

"HEY! Now my surprise is definitely ruined!"

Batmare yawned. "It's not a surprise if everypony already knows what it is. Face it, Cheese Sandwich, you're as predictable as the sunrise."

Sweetie Borg agreed. "That's why your parties are all so boring. It's always the same thing over and over and over and over . . ."

The Joker pouted. "Your problem is you're nothing but a grumpy goose. Your bad mood is so contagious that it even sucked all the fun out of your fillyfriend."

Batmare sighed. "Whatever. Shut him up."

Sweetie nodded and aimed a forehoof at Joker.

The Joker's smiled faded. "Oh, great!" He cringed at the loud bang. His head went through whatever it was. Opening his eyes, he saw he was now wearing a flotation collar. Looking up at Sweetie, he said, "I prefer my doughnuts with chocolate sprinkles."

Looking back, Sweetie said, "He's all yours."

Batmare pressed a button on the buckle of her utility belt. Joker jerked convulsively as the shock collar activated. He collapsed when the power was cut.

The corners of Batmare's mouth turned up fractionally. "I admit this time you made me smile, clown."

"Mister J!" cried Cozy Clown as she hacked through the net with a blade hidden in her wing. Tumbling out, she pushed off from the headwall and spread her waterlogged wings. Splashing down just short of Joker, she grabbed a corner of his poncho in her teeth and tried kicking the two of them toward shore.

"I gt yh mtr J!" she said with her mouth full.

Batmare stared at the filly. "The Joker is insane, filly! Tartarus is better than staying with him!"

Cozy Clown glared at Batmare as she reached a forehoof under Joker's poncho. She felt around until her hoof came to rest on a pocket holding a small green crystal that the Sorceress had given him.

The two vanished in a flash of green light right before a life preserver struck where Cozy's head had been.

"What was this all about?" asked Sweetie.

"A diversion. They obviously tried to keep us away from somewhere," explained Batmare.

"Or somepony . . ."

Woods of Tambelon, Grogar's Lair:

In a green flash, the two clowns appeared at Grogar's lair, where the rest of the villains were looking at Grogar's crystal ball. Joker slumped to the floor while Cozy Clown shook herself dry.

"And how is it going?" asked Cozy Clown, wrapping herself in a towel before sitting beside Tirek.

"The da . . ., er, cursed stallion isn't doing well," said Chrysalis with a smirk. "I really wish Sorceress had let me join her so that I could pay him back for all the pain he's caused."

Sombra said, "This may take a while. It's your turn to get the popcorn."

Grumbling, Chrysalis levitated a hoofful of kernels into the bowl and popped them with her magic before drizzling melted butter over the treat. She grumbled, "Why doesn't she kill him already?"

Grogar snarled. "Obviously because her hostess doesn't want to do it now. She wants to prolong his suffering. I have no idea why she would want to waste her time on a worthless pony who doesn't even have any special powers. I can't see any sort of logic behind the Master Mind's actions."


Caballeron’s mansion:

Arrow ducked as poisoned arrows flew over his head. A sudden drop in the floor tile prompted him to spring to one side, barely missing the spikes that shot down from the ceiling. He had barely enough time to think before he had to evade again. He had lost count of how many times he'd had to run, jump, roll, or teleport.

He frowned as he felt his quiver growing ever lighter. A scraping rumble announced the arrival of a giant boulder. His sonic arrow reduced it to gravel before it could reach him.

From the above, the Sorceress watched him, laughing. "I love your spirit, my young friend. I wonder how long you will last. Sooner or later, you'll meet your maker."

The Arrow galloped as a wall disintegrated, revealing a giant colony of flash bees. As they drew closer, he ignited his smoke arrow, forcing them upward.

"Nice try!" exclaimed the Sorceress as the insects disintegrated against her shield.

Spikes sprang from the side walls, and the walls slowly moved toward each other. Arrow grumbled, "How could he possibly get anypony to install all these booby traps?"

The Sorceress stopped the walls as she materialized in front of him. "His own henchponies did most of the work. Of course, I've added a mare's touch." Leering at him, she said, "You know, I could fill your last moments with ecstasy. Think about it; I have time to kill."

Arrow nocked his last arrow and aimed his bow at her. "I think you're missing the point."

Shrugging, Sorceress replied, "You'll fall sooner or later. Then, the world will see you for what your really are, a mere mortal -- and a murderer."

The Arrow released his bowstring. Contemptuously, Sorceress caught the broadhead with her magic. She said, "I can feel you're nearing your limits. This is what Daring Do wanted. She will end your life when you can fight no more.

Sorceress gently toss the arrow back. It exploded, pushing, the Arrow toward a side wall. Contorting his body, he managed to land between the spikes.

The green faded as the mare transformed back into a pegasus. Daring Do said, "How does it feel to know you have nothing to look forward to, murderer? How does it feel to know your life is over?"

The Arrow frowned. "I warned you this would happen the day we met. Look at the monster that vengeance has made you become. Look at the monster that I am. Is that what you really want?"

Changing back, the Sorceress laughed and shot a magic blast that bowled Arrow over.

As he slowly rose to his hooves, the Sorceress charged her horn. She said, "Daring Do may have failed Equestria, but you have disappointed Daring Do. You are no challenge at all. I think it will take a meta to satisfy me."

Arrow replied, "I don't think you'll find anypony desperate enough for that." He flung a hidden dagger at her face. It flared briefly as it ignited against her energy shield. Before it faded, Arrow lit his horn and pulled down the ceiling over her.

Sorceress smirked as the plaster vaporized against her shield. The booby traps that were triggered were no more effective. She laughed. "Poor, poor Arrow. You really are desperate, aren't you? Face it; without metapowers, you're nothing. This is now the age of metaponies. You're just a relic waiting to be put out of its misery."

Sorceress paused as Daring Do protested. "Not yet! He still has a lot of fight in him! I want to feel my hooves around his throat when he knows there's nothing he can do!"

"Are you serious?" asked the Sorceress out loud. "We have him right where you wanted him. Or are you having second thoughts?"

Sensing the hesitation, Arrow said, "My past has already doomed me, Daring Do. You haven't crossed the line. What happens to you after this? What future is there in following someone who is all power and no soul?"

Shrugging, the mare replied, "It's no use, Arrow. She and I have an understanding, and I'm holding up my end of the deal. It is her revenge. What do you say to a bit of hoof to hoof fighting, my little pony?"

The Arrow looked at the Sorceress's eyes seeing a glimpse of doubt on them.

After a minute of silence, the Sorceress nodded, satisfied.

"Okay she agrees! This is the end, Arrow!"

The Arrow dropped his bow and quiver. He didn't need their extra weight. What he needed was a miracle.


Smolder and Garble strolled around the observation deck as they explored their temporary home. Looking down at the planet, Smolder said, "It looks like a big blue marble." Hearing no response, Smolder turned, puzzled. To her horror he was trembling.

"Garble!" cried Smolder as she ran back and embraced her brother.

Garble shook her off. He gritted his teeth as he punched the floor. "Stop it, pony! Stop it!"

"I'm here, Garble," said Smolder. "I won't let you go; I promise."

Within the dragon's mind, Star Swirl spoke. "There's a powerful evil down there; I recognize the magical signature. You have to let me stop her!"

"I won't give you this body. This is mine, pony. MINE!" shouted Garble.

Smolder tried to hug her brother again, but the raw magic forced her off. She cried, "Brother! Take it easy!"

"Listen to your sister," said Star Swirl. "I don't want to fight you, dragon. We have to cooperate, or the world is doomed. Help me with this, and I promise I will stop fighting you for this body."

Garble punched the wall. "How do I know I can trust you?"

"You the word of one of the Pillars of Equestria. You have the word of Star Swirl the Bearded."

"I don't know who you are. I don't care who you are. Just shut up."

"I'll shut up if that's what you want. But at least let me help the ponies. They don't know who they're dealing with."

"I won't give you control!" roared Garble.

"I'm not asking you that. Just let me guide you. Let me teach you how to use my power -- our power now."

Garble gritted his teeth but relaxed.

"Brother, are you okay?" asked Smolder.

"Yes. No. Maybe." He shook his head. "All right pony, we have a deal. What should I do first?"

"We'll use the Watchtower's transportation chamber. And your wings. We have to get there before it's too late."


The Sorceress bucked the Arrow one last time before the spiked walls finished closing over him. He tried to move, but it was no use. Daring Do finally got her wish.

"Now, there's just one last thing before I fulfill my part of the bargain. You're surprisingly resilient for a non-meta. It's a pity you're impotent."

A powerful tremor shook the entire mansion.

"My barrier!" gasped the Sorceress.

And before she could react, the roof collapsed over her, revealing a red teenage dragon surrounded in multicolored flames of raw magic.

The Arrow looked at him in awe. "It is you?"

The dragon let a puff of smoke escape from his nose. "Don't get used to it, pony. I'm only doing this to keep control."

The Sorceress scowled at her new opponent. "I'd recognize the smell of that magic anywhere, old friend. There's no way you're getting any action hiding in that ridiculous body." The air grew cold with her bitterness.

Garble replied, "What are you talking about, stupid pony? I've never seen you before in my life!"

The mare charged her horn. Snow formed in the air around her. "I'm the Sorceress. What name do you want on your tombstone?"

The Arrow smiled. "Stygian called him Magic Storm in his report."

Garble grinned and breathed a small gout of flame in celebration. "Magic Storm. I like it -- and so does my annoying other half."

The Sorceress shot a giant icicle at Magic Storm. It vaporized when it touched the raw magic. Magic Storm's expression changed to one that was calmer and more mature. Starswirl said, "It looks like your better half is as frigid as you always were, Clove. Are you still scaring away all the stallions?"

The Sorceress snarled, "At least I don't have performance issues, Star Swirl the di . . ."

Arrow shouted, "Language! That's a colt you're talking to!"

As they charged, Garble yelled, "We . . . are . . . MAGIC STORM!"

Garble caught the Sorceress in a brutal full nelson bomb.

"Now what, pony?"

"Charge our power in your claws!" answered Star Swirl.

Garble's hands glowed with raw magic as he wrenched back Sorceress's forelegs. The glow began to cover her neck. He growled, "Farewell, pony."

Garble discharged all the magic at once, blasting Sorceress through the wall and into the street.

Arrow glared at Magic Storm. "You killed her?"

Star Swirl replied, "No, a blast like that might thaw her out a little; it not even close to being enough to finish her."

An explosion of green magic got everypony's attention. "See? We got her attention." Garble shook his head, regaining control. "You talked long enough. It's my turn, pony!"

In Garble's mind, Starswirl spoke. "All right. Fly over her and release your fire breath at full power. No need to hold back. This pony can resist your strength and power."

Garble grinned broadly, showing his fangs as he flew over the Sorceress. She wiped off the grin with a magic blast to his face.

"Urg! Damn pony! Why you didn't warn me?!" groused Garble.

In Garble's mind, Starswirl groaned. "Of course, she attacked you! You two are fighting, remember?"

Another green blast streaked toward the dragon, this time aiming below his belt. Reflexively, he cloaked himself in raw magic, so the attack only forced him back a meter before petering out.

Garble dove down at Sorceress with fists extended. His magic glowed white with its intensity. At the same time Sorceress covered herself with a bubble of green magic that glowed blindingly white as she dumped as much power as she could into it.

Action met equal and opposite reaction. Sorceress went careening down one direction, demolishing all the vacant mansions in her path while Garble did the same in the other direction, even destroying Caballeron's old mansion. The entire Justice League watched from the street as he flew past.

Canary asked, "Arrow, are you all right? How many hooves am I holding up?"

"One." Arrow groaned. "I'll be fine after I get some rest."

Frowning, Dash said, "Lately, the metas seem to be getting more vicious. Are you sure you're okay?"

Arrow sighed. "Maybe the Sorceress was right. Maybe I really am obsolete. Maybe I should hang up my cape and let the new generation handle things."

Dash replied, "Don't be ridiculous. You just need to play to your strengths."

Magic Storm flew back into the fray while Sorceress tried to fend him off, flinging massive pieces of debris from the ruined mansions and the street at him with her telekinesis. Magic Storm blasted through the debris with his aura of raw magic and dove down at Sorceress with fists charged to a blinding white. At the last second, Sorceress took to the air. Magic Storm plunged through the street into the sewer below.

As she fled, she levitated a stone wall over the hole and dropped it over. To her surprise, Magic Storm burst through the street directly beneath her, streaking skyward. Flying forward as fast as she could, Sorceress blindly levitated debris and threw it behind her, trying to set up an attack before he could bring Starswirl's attacks to bear.

A great and powerful voice rang out, "Ekaw pu gnirad od!"

Suddenly, Sorceress found herself surrounded by darkness. Then, the darkness rang like the world's largest alarm clock. Disoriented, she dropped to the ground, covered by a giant bell.

Melting away the bell, the Sorceress groggily turned to see a blue unicorn in a magician outfit. "Sorry to keeping you waiting! The Great and Powerful Trixie has arrived to amaze you with amazing feats of magic!"

Garble could feel the irritation coming from his other half. In the dragon's mind, Starswirl grumbled. "This is what became of centuries of development of magical theory? What a waste!"

Magic Storm glared at Trixie. "Get out, pony. This is my fight!"

"No, we fight as one, dragon!" said Alicorn Marevel, landing beside Magic Storm.

Green Lantern touched down next to Trixie. "They're right, Garble. Separate, we are strong. Together, we are invincible."

"And if you want to get out of the Watchtower and fight with, us you have to follow our rules," said Batmare, appearing from the shadows.

Garble's expression turned into Starswirl's for a second. "And you are right. Working together is the only way we can defeat this ancient evil without causing major destruction like we did in Manehattan."

The Sorceress laughed. "Ancient? You don't know the real meaning of that word, Starswirl. We are still foals compared with him. You may have saved your friend now, but in the end, none of your victories will matter. The Master Mind will triumph!"

Annoyed, she rolled her eyes as she faded from the scene. "Oh, shut up! This is all your fault; you should have killed him when you had the chance. Next time, listen to me!" With that, she disappeared completely.

One by one, the other heroes approached Magic Storm.

The Arrow gave him a friendly pat on the back. "Thank you, kid . . . and sir. I owe you a big one."

Garble glared at him. "Like I said, I did it because the pony promised not to fight me for my body. Now, he better keep his word."

"Still, you saved one of us, and we're grateful for that." Green Lantern smiled.

Garble looked at his claws and let the raw magic flow. "I must admit this was fun. I can do this while I wait for you to help me."

"We'll do everything we can to get you back to normal. And we'll be happy to accept your help when we need it."

Tambelon:

The villains walked away from Grogar's crystal ball.

"Their team got stronger! This cannot be!" shouted Sombra.

"This plan was supposed to take down the League, not help them!" said Tirek angrily.

"And that metadragon is no joke. They actually got him on their side," complained Chrysalis.

Grogar released his dark aura making everyone except the Joker step away. "This was a failure, a complete failure. We were fools to trust Master Mind. Not only did we lose, but we were also completely humiliated."

Grogar then grabbed the Joker with his aura. "I should have seen this coming. I knew you were nothing but trouble. This ends now."

The Joker laughed. "Ahahahaha! So, the party's over?"

Grogar frowned. "I'll do what I should have done the second you arrived!"

"But Mr. Grogar!" exclaimed Cozy Clown. A hand gently held her back. She exclaimed, "Hey!"

Looking down, Tirek said, "It's for the best. We'll still have each other, just like in Tartarus."

"But . . ."

"Shut up and be grateful you're not joining him!" whispered Chrysalis.

Cozy looked in horror as Joker deformed under Grogar's ever-tightening magical grasp.

The ram smiled at Joker's struggles. "Fight while you can. It will just make your end sweeter."

"Sorry, what you were saying?" asked the Joker. "This itch on my back is driving me crazy . . . er."

Grogar's eye twitched, but he continued to slowly squeeze the life out of the clown.

Cozy gulped and desperately looked around. A wooden meat tenderizer lay on the kitchen counter. Looking up at Tirek, she mouthed, "I'm sorry." She slipped out of his grasp and snatched in in her mouth. She slammed the pointed head onto one of Grogar's hind hooves.

The ram screamed in pain as his concentration was broken. Joker dropped to the ground and doffed his hat. Taking the small rubber chicken from the top of his head, he squeezed it at Grogar. "Happy birthday!"

The rubber chicken sent a stream of hot cheese sauce to Grogar's eyes. The ram reared back on his good hind hoof while he tried to clean his eyes with his forehooves. "You piece of . . ."

"Language, there's a filly on the house!" shouted Cozy around the handle as she slammed the tenderizer on Grogar's good hind hoof.

"Ouch!"

Tirek ran to the filly. "What do you think you're doing? Not even I can protect you now."

Cozy said, "Mr. J can protect me, and he will. He's the friend I've been missing."

"I was doing that?" asked the Joker. "I thought I was just having fun!"

Cozy smiled. "I know you're joking, Mister J! You do appreciate me!"

Grogar recovered from the attacks. Angrily, he shouted, "ENOUGH WITH THE CLOWNS!"

The Joker laughed. "Oh, even I know when the party is over. Now it is time for the grand finale!!"

He pulled a small balloon dog from his poncho and popped it with twist of his hooves.

The lair suddenly filled with his laughing gas making the four villains to roll in the floor laughing uncontrollably as the Joker floated away with the help of more balloon animals he took from under his poncho. On his way up, he grabbed Cozy Clown.

"We'll always have Tartarus," said Cozy Clown. "I'm going with my new best friend!"

"And we'll have fun for the rest of our lives!" said the Joker, laughing as the two went through the vent in the ceiling.

Struggling to the pantry's first aid kit, Grogar managed to grab a bottle of universal antidote and drink a dose. He then administered it to the other three. By the time all of them had recovered, Joker and Cozy Clown had drifted far out of sight.

"Damn it! Even the pleasure of killing him was denied to me," said Grogar. "Let's never speak about this fiasco again. And if anyone dares to mention the Joker, the filly or Master Mind, I swear I'll give him the punishment meant for them. DO I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?!"

No one dared to say anything. They just nodded in silence. Tirek writhed under the weight of Grogar's glare.

Suddenly, a goofy laugh filled the room.

"And he actually took the filly with him. I knew he was going to escape before you could put a single hoof on him, but that was a complete surprise. That's why he is so fascinating. He adds the element of unpredictability and chaos."

The four villains turned to the lair's entrance.

There was a big bear on the door. The voice didn't come from him; it was the caterpillar on his paw who spoke. His appearance was as remarkable as his voice. Mere insects did not wear eyeglasses. Mere insects did not wear a red crystal amulet on a silver chain.

Tirek, Chrysalis and Sombra exchanged confused looks, but Grogar seemed angry and cautious at the same time.

"And now you decide to show up, worm. Right after your plan failed."

The caterpillar smirked. "Failed, you say? As always, you are incapable seeing beyond your snout, Grogar. I needed the League to get stronger. Didn't you see the path of destruction they left behind? Two neighborhoods completely annihilated. Imagine what will happen when they have more and more powerful members."

"Then no one would dare to face them, and the ponies would be beyond our reach forever," said Grogar, frowning.

"Oh, don't be so sure. The world would eventually find a balance. It always does."

Grogar considered the concept for half of a second. "Well, you may be right. Every day, there seem to be more metas coming from out of nowhere."

"I know. But we need to give them a push. If the destruction in Canterlot and Manehattan proves anything, it's that the world can barely handle these beings. If we give the right push to the right creatures, we can create more metas. Especially on the ponies' side; it will give them a false sensation of security."

"With what purpose?" asked Grogar.

The Master Mind sighed in disappointment. "Why can't you see beyond your snout?" He took on a condescending tone. "The metas from both sides will become the tools we use to raze this world. Only then can we rebuild it in our image. How much fun are we going to have?"

Grogar looked at his minions and then at the Master Mind. Finally, he nodded.

"Now let me be clear. I don't like you Master Mind. I never have. But I am willing to work with you, if it means bringing those heroes down."

The caterpillar laughed again. "Such an attitude for someone who used to look up to me. I still remember the day when you came to me begging me to teach you everything I know. Now, it's time for you to show me that my tutelage didn't go to a waste."

Grogar's face turned red as he looked away.

Finally, Chrysalis raised a hoof. "Hey, seriously! What in Faust's name?"

The Master Mind smiled. "I named Faust, changeling, not the other way around. Any other questions?"

"Where do we start?" asked Sombra, intrigued by the caterpillar's plan.

"Now, we wait. Before I came here, I gave Celestia a little suggestion in her sleep. Did you know she's planning to retire and leave the country to Twilight Sparkle? She even plans to give her the power of the Sun."

"Yes, so?"

"She will, but not the way she intends to. The Sun will give Twilight Sparkle a great gift. It will come at a price; she'll lose her magic, and neither Sun nor Moon shall heed her commands. Still, it is a small price to pay to become the most powerful metapony of all time."

Author's Note:

And now the story continues.

The next chapter would be the epilogue, as always. But I have introduced a new villain and the promise of a future Supermare.

Anyway I hope you liked it and as always,

Read ya’ later!!