• Published 22nd Oct 2019
  • 2,997 Views, 71 Comments

A Happy Family - ShowShine



Years after Spike finds a changeling egg, he starts a family

  • ...
3
 71
 2,997

A New Member

Spike walked around his room, getting ready for the day. He had to drop Scramble and Cecilia off at school. Gabby laid in her nest, cuddling the egg to give it warmth.

“I’ll be back soon, do you want anything from outside?” Spike asked. Gabby thought to herself for a moment.

“A strawberry cupcake from Sugarcube Corner.” Gabby stated. Spike smiled and kissed her on the head.

“I’ll see you later sweetheart.” Spike said as he walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind him. Gabby smiled to herself.

“I love him so much.” Gabby said to herself. She listened to the sounds of her family members walking around the house. Soon enough, she heard the front door close.

“Hello my baby.” Gabby said, pressing her head against the egg. She did this every time she was home alone. That was very often because her shift started at twelve. That gave her plenty of time to relax. She also had the day off so she could relax the whole day. She hummed to the egg, cuddling into it.

“I love you so much.” Gabby stated, closing her eyes. Without any warning, the egg started to shake, making her jump back in surprise.

“Are you hatching?” Gabby asked in disbelief. She stared at the egg as a small yellow beak broke through the shell. Gabby let out a gasp of excitement, watching closely. A purple arm broke out from the side. One the top of the arm, there was a faint grey fuzz.

“Come on baby, you can do it.” Gabby encouraged. The egg toppled over and a head came from the top. It was covered in purple feathers with little green markings. Soon, the small dragon griffon hybrid broke out of the egg. He laid in the nest and let out a soft mewl. Gabby quickly scooped the tiny baby into her arms.

“Oh my Celestia you’re so cute!” Gabby exclaimed. The baby had the body of a griffon. He had a feathery purple head with tiny green markings on his cheeks. On the sides of his head, there were grey scales that looked like his fathers. His body was grey and his tail was long and fuzzy with green spines on them. His eyes were closed tightly and he cuddled into his mother for warmth.

“Why don’t you have any wings?” Gabby asked. She felt his body to realize that instead of fur, it was scales. He was still wet from the amniotic fluid and shivered a bit. Gabby wrapped her wings around her baby and rocked him back and forth. He opened his eyes to look at his mother and opened his mouth to let out a yawn. His eyes were a greyish green and his mouth was filled with dozens of sharp teeth.

“You have a lot of teeth.” Gabby muttered to herself. The baby closed his mouth and stared up at his mother. Gabby heard the front door open, making her heart jump.

“Gabby I’m back!” Spike shouted from downstairs. Gabby let out a small excited squeal, ready for her fiancé to see his child. The door opened, revealing Spike who was holding a brown paper bag.

“Spike look!” Gabby shouted, holding up the baby. Spike let out a gasp and dropped the bag on the floor. Spike quickly rushed over to Gabby’s side.

“Oh my Celestia...” Spike said in disbelief. His eyes welled up with tears and he broke out into a wide grin. Gabby handed him the baby and Spike cradled his son in his arms.

“I love him so much.” Spike stated, holding his son a little closer to his chest. Gabby smiled and leaned her head on Spike’s shoulder.

“What should we name him?” Spike asked. Gabby thought for moments before a name popped into her head.

“Gasher, that was my father's name.” Gabby stated. Spike smiled and held Gasher close.

“I should write a letter to Twilight and Shining Armor, they would love to meet there nephew.” Spike said, handing his son to Gabby. He stood up and walked over to the dresser, which always had paper on it. Gabby looked at her son and smiled. He was perfect.


Twilight and Shining Armor sat on the couch in the living room. Twilight held Gasher in her hooves.

“He’s amazing! The first child between a dragon and a griffon.” Twilight stated in disbelief. Gasher let out a small sneeze, causing a tiny green and grey flame to shoot out of his mouth. Gasher looked at Twilight and stuck his tongue out a bit. He glared at his aunt, making her very uncomfortable.

“He looks really angry.” Twilight commented, handing him over to Shining Armor. Gabby shrugged her shoulders.

“He’s been glaring at everyone for the past hour.” Gabby stated. Shining Armor looked at his nephew, who stared back at him with angry eyes.

“This is making me uncomfortable.” Shining Armor said, handing Gasher to Gabby. Gasher looked up at his mother and raised his hand to touch her cheek.

“I love you too.” Gabby said, lifting her son up and kissing him on the cheek. Gasher quickly closed his eyes and fell asleep. He leaned into his mother’s chest and cuddled into her feathers.

“He fell asleep really quickly.” Shining Armor commented. Twilight nodded her head in agreement.

“Spike used to do that a lot when he was younger. He’d fall asleep as soon as he laid down.” Twilight stated. Gabby chuckled.

“He still does that.” She said. Twilight, Shining Armor, and Gabby shared a laugh at the thought of that. The front door opened, revealing Spike, Cecilia, and Scramble.

“Hi Aunt Twily, Hi Uncle Shiny!” Scramble greeted happily. Cecilia waved, still a bit shy around her family members.

“Girls, meet your little brother, Gasher.” Gabby said, showing the girls there little brother. Both girls let out a loud gasp of shock and excitement.

“I love him!” Scramble shouted. Spike quickly shushed her.

“He’s asleep, you have to be quiet,” Spike whispered. Cecilia walked over to her mother and looked at Gasher.

“Can we keep him?” Cecilia asked. Gabby gave her a confused look.

“Of course we’re going to keep him, he’s your brother.” Gabby stated. Cecilia smiled.

“Good, cause I like him.” Cecilia stated, her tail starting to wag. Spike and Gabby smiled to each other. Now they had a full family.