• Published 22nd Oct 2019
  • 2,979 Views, 71 Comments

A Happy Family - ShowShine



Years after Spike finds a changeling egg, he starts a family

  • ...
3
 71
 2,979

A Blast From the Past

Author's Note:

The idea from this chapter was requested from Darth Wrex

Gasher climbed up the side of the fridge, licking his lips. He stared up at the bottle that was on top of the fridge, his stomach growling loudly. His eyes lit up when he saw he was getting closer. He was almost there.

“Gasher no!” Gabby exclaimed, grabbing her son off of the fridge. Gasher clenched his fist and let out a loud cry. He kicked his rear legs and flailed his arms. Gabby looked up at the top of the fridge and gave a look of confusion.

“When did I put the bottle up there?” She asked herself. She took the bottle off of the fridge to feel it was still warm. She handed it to her son and Gasher immediately stopped crying. He quickly guzzled down his drink and Gabby let out a sigh of relief.

It has been a month since Gasher was hatched and he’s been a handful. He could climb very easily and would climb out of his playpen and crib. He would wake up every few hours and cry loud enough to wake everyone up. He was very fussy and kept biting his sisters legs. It was really tiring Spike and Gabby out.

“Are you done?” Gabby asked. Gasher took the bottle out of his mouth and dropped the bottle on the ground. Gabby sighed and picked it up.

“Mom are you okay, you look tired,” Cecilia stated. Gabby let out a yawn.

“No no, I’m wide awake.” She reassured, placing the bottle in the sink. Gasher let out a yawn and quickly started to fall asleep. “It looks like your brother is tired.” She stated, walking out of the kitchen. Cecilia followed close behind, worried about her mother’s health. She barely got an hour of sleep each night and it seemed like it was getting to her.

They entered the bedroom to see Spike laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Scramble covered him in a blanket, trying to get him to sleep. Gabby placed Gasher in his crib and placed a blanket over him. She leaned in and gave him a small kiss on the head. Gabby sat up and walked over to her fiancé and lightly nudged his arm. Spike snapped out of his daze and looked over at Gabby.

“Gashers finally asleep.” She stated. Spike didn’t respond and wrapped his arms Gabby, pulling her down onto the bed. She let out a pout and tried to wiggle out of his arms.

“Don’t try to cuddle me, we have work to do.” Gabby stated. Spike pulled her closer and nuzzled into the feathers on her neck.

“You’re warm...” Spike muttered sleepily. Gabby kicked her rear legs but was no match for her fiancé who was much bigger and stronger than her. Her eyes slowly started close and she started to melt away. Soon enough, they both fell asleep.

“Our plan worked.” Scramble whispered, flying off of the bed. Cecilia grinned and her tail started to wag happily. Scramble quickly left the room and shut the door behind her.

“Now that mom and dad are asleep, we need to be quiet.” Cecilia stated. Scrambles eyes lit up in excitement.

“I know something quiet we can do. Dad has a lot of old comics in the attic, they’re really cool.” She said excitedly, flying up into the air. She pulled on a string and the attic door opened, the ladder unfolding.

“Come on, let’s go.” Scramble said, leading her sister up into the attic. The attic was filled with old dusty boxes. Scramble walked over to a box and tipped it over, making hundreds of comics spill out. Cecilia sat on the floor and picked one up. Scramble quickly took it from her paws.

“You can’t start with a random comic, you have to read them in order.” Scramble stated, handing her the first addition comic. Cecilia opened the comic and started to read the first page.

“It was an ordinary night in Maretopia...”


A yellow unicorn with a dark purple mane sat at her desk, looking out a window. She clicked her pen in her magic grasp, pondering to herself.

“Come on Mystic Eclipse think!” She exclaimed to herself. “I need to come up with a perfect plot for my book.” Mystic Eclipse said to herself. She looked down at the piece of paper to see no words written on it. She looked back out the window and let out a sigh. Her eyes landed on something peculiar.

“What is that?” Mystic Eclipse asked herself. Something was falling from the sky at a rapid speed.

“Is that a pegasus?” She asked herself. She quickly stood up from her desks and rushed to her front door. If it was a Pegasus, she needed to help them. A fall like that could badly injure someone.


Mystic Eclipse rushed down the empty streets of Maretopia, making her way to the fallen item. She turned the corner, only to see a large meteor laying on the ground. It looked like it had just fallen because there was a large hole under it and there was smoke coming up from under it.

“Should I call the authorities?” She asked herself, looking around. There was no one around who seemed to gotten hurt. “I guess I’ll just go. Maybe the police can handle
this.” Mystic Eclipse stated, turning around.

“Wait!” A male voice exclaimed, making her freeze in place. The voice was deep and charming. Mystic Eclipse quickly turned around and looked around in surprise.

“Is anyone there?” She asked. The meteor lit up with a pink aura.

“Hello fellow pony, I am Cosmo.” The meteor stated. Mystic Eclipse blinked in surprise.

“Am I hallucinating?” She asked herself. The meteor rumbled a bit as if it were laughing.

“No no, you’re not hallucinating at all. I need you to help me.” Cosmo stated. Mystic Eclipse took a step forward, tilting her head.

“What do you need?” She asked, now very intrigued. The meteor spat out a red stone in front of her.

“I’m the last of my kind. I need to use this stone to protect the universe. I’m no longer able to do it myself.” Cosmo explained. Mystic Stone levitated the Stone and inspected it. It was glowing pink.

“Now go and find out your new powers,
I’m counting on you.” He stated. Mystic Eclipse turned around and quickly walked away. This was an odd night.


Mystic Eclipse sat at her desk, staring at the stone. She poked it with her hoof, watching it tip over.

“He told me to find my new powers, how do I do that?” Mystic Eclipse asked herself. She stood up and held the stone in her hoof. The stone started to glow brightly and her body got covered by an orange slimy liquid.

“What’s going on?!” She exclaimed in worry. Her body was soon covered in orange slime and looked into the mirror. Slime dripped off of her body, making her look like a monster. Her eyes were cat-like and glowing yellow. She let out a scream.

“I’m a monster!” She exclaimed in shock. She twitched violently.

“Must....kill...” She hissed out, a slimy tongue flicking out of her mouth.

To be continued...


“Woah, that was so cool!” Cecilia exclaimed, her tail wagging. Scramble gave an uncomfortable laugh. She had read that comic a million times but now it made her feel...bad.

“How about we ready Power Ponies next? It’s a million times better than this one.” Scramble stated, tossing the comic aside. Cecilia quickly nodded her head. Scramble rummaged through the pile and pulled into the first addition Power Ponies comic. She glanced back at the comic.

She would never read that one again.