• Published 21st Jul 2019
  • 3,294 Views, 234 Comments

Halo, Equestrian Covenant - Shady Steps



Twilight Sparkle and her Covenant forces fight a bloody battle against the Human transgressors as a dark thing stirs deep below.

  • ...
16
 234
 3,294

Prologue

June 19th, 1486.

Glimmering in the starlight grand constructs of crystal and marble twisted and turned, bold multicoloured lights burning dazzlingly to light at each movement of the impossibly large spaceborne structures, hundreds of them, all turning and twisting and moving until, with a rippling suddenness, they stopped, the glowing ships facing down a dark blip at the edge of the solar system.

Respect gazed upon the Royal Equestrian Fleet, or more accurately, an image of the fleet, taken from a camera situated some were on the hull of the corvette he found himself aboard, this daring plan of his suddenly seemed foolish and suicidal.

“Prophet, they are charging cannons!” the cry came from Respect’s side, the ship master was hunched forwards in his command throne his hand playing over a projected screen no doubt committed to fight this impossible mess uselessly.

“Lower our shields and send record my voice Shipmaster, we live at the mercy of the Equestrians here” Respect clasp his hands together and stepped forward, drawing a deep breath and waiting for the conformation that his voice was being carried across the void.

“To the most Resplendent Majesties of Equestria and her colonies, I come openly here to beg an audience with you, war has become all we know of each other, this situation has become unbearable, how can civilisations of such grace and magnitude as our own have degraded into such savagery!” Respect rolled his jaw, the Equestrian common tongue was hard for a species such as his, but he would persevere, the Covenant was depending upon him.

“I have come so we make speak, I prostrate myself before you and beg that you may hear my words, let us reach an accord here, by the Forerunners let us find commonality, for the sake of our descendants, let us not allow them to walk this same bloodstained road as we have, I beg of you, hear me, I am Respect.”

The command deck was quiet, and as Respect looked about him, he noted that all of the Sangheili were looking up at him, there expressions unknowable, and Respect cursed himself for not dedicating more time to the study of the Sangheili language and custom. His thoughts were however interrupted as a voice filled the room.

“This is Grand Admiral Grover on behalf of the Royal magasties, come, you may dock with my ship, I will hear you and through me, so will the Princesses.” Spinning with such force that his robes struck his body he turned to the Shipmaster.

“Take us forward! We must meet with them!” Respect clasped his hands together before he spoke again.

“This is our chance, Peace shall be the first step, one day we shall walk the road to salvation with the Equestrians at our side” Respect turned away from the shipmaster, his body shook with excitement, negotiations would be hard, but he was sure of himself, Peace would allow him to bring enlightenment to the Equestrians, and the Covenant would grow.