• Published 22nd Nov 2019
  • 264 Views, 0 Comments

Everything Is Perfect, Everything Is Fine - TPC-2k16



Everything is going to be okay, right?

  • ...
 0
 264

Epilogue

It’s a late Tuesday night.

And on this late Tuesday night, Kyle is stuck in his office, talking with one of the newest students enrolling in this school.

Kyle’s guidance office in the School of Friendship may just be what you’d call a 'glorified janitors’ closet', but Kyle was able to spruce it up to really match him.

All over the walls are either posters of his favorite dirt bike riders or framed pictures of himself and all other staff members.

His desk in the middle of the room being carved from an old apple tree that once proudly stood in the orchards at Sweet Apple Acres, not to mention all the wood carvings embraced on it, like you got the typical Monster Energy logo then you have a carved out image of that one time Kyle smashed the newly built-in drywall at Ponyville Retirement Village.

Overall, his office easily makes him be known to everycreature as the ‘cool’ counselor.

“So, say to me, uh... sorry, your name...?”

“Ryan. My name’s Ryan.” Ryan, the newest pegasus colt tells him. Ryan has a light gray coat with steel gray mane and tail color. Having on a flat bill snapback with the Monster Energy logo stitched on it, and wearing just a boring, plain white sweatshirt.

“So Ryan,” Kyle leans back into his black leather office chair, “Tell me more about yourself. I would say take a seat but due to recent budget cuts, you can’t.”

Okay. Well, my name’s Ryan, and I like dirt bikes, riding dirt bikes, jumping over stuff with my dirt bike, and-“

“Okay. You like dirt bikes. So then, tell me of what you dislike?”

“Dislike?” Ryan thinks it over for a second. “I don’t like drywall. I’m sorry. I just don’t have much to dislike.”

'So the new kid likes dirt bikes and dislikes drywall. Remind you of anypony?'

“Say Ryan, you know you remind me of somepony. Me. It’s me. I'm talking about me. You remind me a little of myself.”

“I do?” Ryan looks over Kyle, looking over his attire, before looking himself over. “I suppose I do kind of.”

“Well, now that that’s out of the way, I should ask why you needed to see me. So, why are you here?” Kyle smiles sheepishly.

Right... well I suppose, it’s just, I’m having a hard time figuring out who my real friends are, exactly. Like, I’ve known these two ponies all throughout my foalhood, yet it seems like they don’t think of me as a friend. And I don’t know what to do,” Ryan starts tearing up, “And I ask them if we are friends, and they’re just laughing like, ‘with you?’. It makes me feel all terrible inside. If they’re not my friends, then who is?!” Ryan ends his teary-eyed problem, feeling (and looking) emotionally heartbroken.

'Huh. Having trouble figuring out who his real friends really are. Sounds like somepony I know.'

'Me. I’m talking about myself again. I know.'

“Say Ryan, remember when I told you that you remind me of myself? Well turns out we have way more in common than I thought.” Kyle smiles helpfully, or at least trying to.

“You wanna know who your real friends are. You thought you knew until you didn’t. Sounds like me. I once thought of who my real friends were. It wasn’t until it took six of them to show me that they truly indeed are.” Kyle says right as he looks up at a picture hung on the wall of the Mane Six, him smiling brightly at it.

“And when I realized that they were my true friends did I fully unlock my potential. Friends have a way of doing that.”

“So what I’m saying is this, your real, true friends are still out there. How you know is how they act around you. Keep an eye out on everypony. See if they wanna be your friend. It’s aight if they’re not. Put yourself out there I guess. Be the real you-“

“Uh Guidance Counselor Kyle, I get it,” Ryan interrupts Kyle’s little sappy speech, “And you’re right you know. Those ponies I thought were my friends weren’t even remotely interested in me. Like, they never even came to one birthday party. They were only there ‘cause I can do cool tricks on a dirt bike.”

Ryan thinks to himself for a second. “You think I can come see you anytime? I mean, we both have the same likes and dislikes, and you did supposedly go through everything I’m currently going through. It’s like we’re-“

“Brothers from another mother?” Kyle interrupts. “Oh, sorry ‘bout that.” Kyle smiles awkwardly.

“Well not exactly. So, think I can come visit you with any questions I have ‘bout myself.”

Kyle reaches a hoof out to Ryan. “For you? Anytime, any day, any week. Well, except for anytime between one to three in the afternoon. I uh... have plans then.”

Ryan laughs a little. “I’d like that very much.”

The two ponies shake hooves, signifying what would later on become the start of a whole new friendship.

“Now get goin’. Your gonna need a lot of sleep for your first day of class tomorrow.” Kyle said as he dons on a big smile.

Ryan laughs to himself as he runs out of Kyle’s office.

Kyle watches as he sits back into his chair, smiling big and proud.