• Published 5th Feb 2020
  • 302 Views, 5 Comments

Voidic's World Adventures - lightningman



Voidic travels around the world fixing troubles in various shows, movies, and games.

  • ...
 5
 302

Chapter 4 - Spiderman - No Way Home

It had been years since anything had happened. I stare out at the blank expanse of the void. Pinkie Pie was right next to me and hugging me.

"I'm sorry." I say gently as we stare at the alternate universes of ourselves. In every single one of them, Me and her were together. But in only one of them, was I the outsider. It was surprising. But it made sense. The void was omniprescent throughout the entire multiverse. Thus, There could only be one true master of it.

"I just wish I had more time with the little guy." Pinkie cries gently as she stares at a specific version of us. In it we had a happy little puppy.

"I know. But there's something that I learned when my own parents died, that you can learn from that little puppy. It's that sometimes you have to embrace the loss to get past it. Have it push you to new levels you couldn't before." Pinkie nods as she wipes the tears off her face and her hair slowly curls up again. She smiles and gently kisses me. I kiss back before pulling away. "Just remember. I will always be here for you. Not only you, But everyone. That's what being the master of purgatory is. Being there for everyone. No matter how big, or small the issue is." I yelp and clutch my chest as a few cracks appear in the void around us, shredding through quite a few multiverses of us. I stare and stand up in panic. Pinkie stands up as well. She looks around before putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Well. It's time to prove it." She says gently. "Send me home. Be the hero that you always have been, and always will be. I love you." I nod and slice a hole through the void back home. She steps through it and I quickly close it back up before I begin to float to the cracked universes. I growl as the cracks seemed to patch up themselves. But.. badly. Like they are being patched up by an amateur. I grab ahold of one of the patchjobs and trace it back to it's home universe. I look into it and see a teenager. and a caped goatee bastard. Something pinged in my mind. I watch as people from the other universes that got fucked up head into that universe they are in. I stare in horror as The Green Goblin, Octavious, Electro, Sandman, Curt Connors, and two more spidermen appear into that universe.

"Oh shit..." I cover my mouth "This is bad... This is really really bad. I know this." I mutter. I quickly begin to think. "I love this movie. What was I going to do if this happens. Think Xayvier THINK!" I hit my head before my eyes widen. "OF course, I'm an idiot." I say as I move my hand over the universe and begin to focus. "Alright. Here we go. Fast forward the flow of time. I need to save his aunt." I close my eyes and begin to focus on speeding up the flow of time for them. I bit of blood drips from my nose as the flow of time slowly stops and i watch as the same teenager is crouching over a woman. I sigh and smile as I begin preparing a space to work on her body. I wait until Peter leaves and the SWAT unit begins to swarm in. I look over as Aunt May's soul slowly appears in front of me.

"W-where am I? Where's Peter?" She asks

"Whoa. Whoa whoa. Calm down." I say as i slash a hole through the universe under her body and bring it into the void with me. "Right now. This is crucial for peter. I'm going to heal your body and put your soul back into it. But you can't go back to him just yet." At the may begins to glare at me.

"My nephew needs me." I stop her with a hand halt.

"No. Your nephew needs to grow. And he has people that are helping him as we speak." I say as i shift the view to Ned and MJ talking to another Peter Parker. "This is all going to be incredibly complicated. But there are two more peter parkers that are going to be helping him. When everything is done. You and I will head in, and save the day. It'll teach him about things. And he'll still have everyone he loves." May slowly stops glaring and sighs. She nods. I slowly pull out my backpack and pull out a red potion. tipping it into the body's mouth. her heals slowly completely heal up.

I smile and gesture for may to come to me. She slowly comes over and i lay her down onto her body. I focus and begin to tie her soul back to her body like i had done a few times before. Soon. the body's eyes flutter open and i smile happily. "Your alive again." May slowly stand up and watches the universes.

"Thanks." She says quietly. "Why... Why don't you do this for everyone?" I look at her and sigh.

"Death is a natural part of life. It needs to happen or else life will stagnate. If i did it for everyone. People will start to abuse it. no consquences. The void is the embodiment of neutrality. Neither good, nor bad. Neither life, nor death. So to keep the best timeline for everything... I need to choose who lives... and who dies... It's not something i take lightly. I struggled with it when i first found out what the job entailed. But i realized... I'm the only one for it. I've seen humanity at it's brightest, and at it's darkest. But make no mistake, just because i'm neutral, doesn't mean im not good. So I'll always guide humanity to the best timeline." I stop my speech and may is chuckling. "What?"

"It's just... Your everything i wish people would be sometimes. Being kind and gentle to people that deserve it. seeing the good in people. and changing the people that need it. That's what i taught peter to be to the best of my ability." I smile.

"You did a great job." I say gently. "Now.. I need to get everything set up for this." I say. "I'll bring you back as soon as i can." I say as i hop into the MCU universe and fly over a broadcasting tower and begin to hack into it. Years of being around Sci-twi had taught me a thing or two. I smile as I lift my phone up and suddenly every screen across the world was watching my phone camera. I gently laugh and it echoed across Times Square. a voice came on. "Who is this? What's going on?" It was J.Jonah.Jameson." I turn the camera to myself. "Hey Everyone. This is someone who's going to show you the full story of what's going on with spiderman. Who i am isn't important. But what your going to see, is." I say as i begin flying over to the statue of Liberty and Jameson was screaming at me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE YOU SHOWING US?" I stare down at the camera.

"The truth. Peter parker isn't the person you all think he is. He's human like you and me. He makes mistakes, but when he does. He makes up for them to the best of his abilities. Just recently. Those mistakes tore apart the multiverse and caught my attention. So I'm going to show you how he atones for it." I turn the camera and i invisible and mute it before floating down and showing all three spidermen talking.

"Yeah. Almost done." Tobey Maguire says.

"You know You know, Max was, like... the sweetest guy ever. Before he fell into a... pool of electric eels." Andrew says.
"That'll do it. [leaning against a nearby steel bar] And there it goes..." Tobey begins.
"You okay?"
"It's just... my back. It's kind of stiff from all the... swinging, I guess."
"Oh, yeah, no, I got a middle back pain, too." I smile and i gently whisper into the camera.

"These are all the same person from different multiverses. Don't you see? They're good people. Their normal people, they just have the power to do what's right. And the code they live by? 'With great power. Come great responsibility' And they have embraced that to their very core."

"God, this is so cool. I always wanted brothers. So, you could like make your own web fluid in your body?"
"I'd rather not talk about this."
" No, I don't mean to..."
"Are you teasing me?" At this point our peter butts in.
"No, no, no, no, no, no. He's not teasing you. It's just that... We can't do that, so naturally we're curious as to how your web situation works. That's all."
"No. I wish I could tell you, but it's like, I don't do it... Like I don't... Like, I don't do breathing. Like, breathing just happens."
"Whoa. Like, does it just come out of your wrists, or... Does it come out off anywhere else?"

I gently laugh. "Their just goofy, fun people that deserve a break every now and then. But people like you won't give them one because you think their going to hurt other. Now tell me. Can you look at this scene, and tell me their going to hurt people? These people have fought things to protect you all. Watch."

"Hey, what are like, some of the craziest villains that you guys have fought?"
"Seems you've met some of them. I fought a... an alien... made out of black goo once."
"No way! I fought an alien, too. On Earth and in space. Yeah. He was purple."
"I wanna fight an alien. I'm lame. Like, I fought a Russian guy in a, like, a rhinoceros machine."
"Hey, can we rewind it back to the "I'm lame" part? 'Cause, you're not. Yeah, listen... Please... You're... You're amazing. Just to take it in for a minute."
"Aw, thanks. No, yeah. I appreciate it, I'm not saying I'm lame. But it's just the self-talk maybe we should, you know..."

I smile. "These people are tired. they have gone through hell and back for the ones they love. And the ones they love? That all of you. They will put their lives on the line. To protect you. Their mental health is slowly destabilizing, and when that happens? They need people to help build them back up. But you won't do anything. So who's the real evil people here?" I say to the world. I float away and gesture to the statue again. "Watch."

WE see electro, the lizard and sandman appear and the spiderman begin to fight them and lose. I begin to yell over the noise into the phone. "You see how difficult it is for them? This is things they deal with every day."

"What the hell is going on out there?! I kept yelling at you, Peter Two, Peter Two..." I say as i zoom in on all three of them having a group huddle.
" I know, but I thought you're Peter Two?"
"What? I'm not Peter Two..."
" Stop arguing, both of you! Listen to Peter One. Look, we're clearly not very good at this!"
I know, I know. We suck. I-I don't know how to work as a team."
"Me neither."
"Well, I do. I have been in a team, okay? I don't wanna brag, but I will. I was in the Avengers."
"The Avengers?"
"Yeah."
"That's great!"
"Thank you."
"What is that?"
"Wait, you don't have the Avengers?"
"Is that a band? Are you in a band?"
"No, I'm not in a band. No, the Avengers is a... Earth's Mightiest..."
"How is this helping?"
"Look, it's not important. All we gotta do is focus, trust your tingle, and coordinate our attacks, okay?"
"Yes. Okay. Let's pick one target."
"Right. We take them off the board one at a time."
"Now you got it. Okay... Peter One, Peter Two..."
"Peter Two."
"Peter Three."
"Peter Three!"
"All right, let's do this..."
"No, wait, wait, wait, wait! I love you guys."
"Thank you."

I smile and zoom out from them and change it to me. "Please. Listen to your hearts. This is someone who has tried for years to save all of you. So. For once. let him. and then save him from himself. Teach him how to trust the masses again."

I point the camera at the stature of liberty as a bright flash appears and we see the sandman get cured. I turn the phone and we see electro get the excess electricity sucked out of him, and he gets cured. I then move the camera again and we see the lizard gets cured. "He saves people. He doesn't kill. He will never kill as long as he is a hero. And he will always be a hero. So please. This is the final bit."

I move away and watch as peter 2 saves MJ. the universe begins to tear itself apart. I slowly float down to watch the final confrontation between peter 1 and the green goblin. "Now, before you judge him for what's going to happen. remember. This is the man that almost killed his aunt."

I float down and film their confrontation up until peter 2 stops peter 1 from killing him. and then peter 2 gets stabbed. Even after all that. Peter 3 throws the antidote and peter 1 cures the green goblin. "You see?" I whisper gently. "He could've killed him again. His emotions got the best of him once, but we can all forgive him for that. But he chose the right choice." I float to stephen strange and peter one talking.

"What if everyone forgot who i was?" Suddenly silence throughout the entire planet. "Their coming here because of me right? So cast a new spell. Make everyone forget who i was. Make everyone forget who peter parker is."

I reach my hand out and pause the entirety of the statue of liberty in time and look into the camera. "This is what you all drove him to do. He was so desperate to get everything back to normal, that he caused this. But now he's so desperate for people to live. that he's willing to sacrifice himself for you." I take a deep breath. "I think we can all agree that this is the worst outcome. So i'm going to fix this. So. wish me luck. and people..." I take off my mask and smile at the camera. "Don't take people for granted. Because their more to them than you can ever know." I turn off the broadcast and restore time to the statue of liberty. Turning myself visible again.

"I don't think their a need for that." I say as i float over. Stephen and peter both look at me in shock.

"Who are you?" Peter asks.

"My name is Voidic. And I am the ultimate endpoint of the multiverse. I then glare at stephen. "Someone caught my attention when they screwed up their spell." I wave my hand when he was about to protest. "I know, i know, peter asked for a lot of exceptions to the rule. but you should've talked to him about what the exceptions were before the spell even began and then talked to him about them. Now. I'm going to fix this." I say as i wave my hand and all the cracks in space seal up perfectly. Stephen and peter both look amazed before I look down at the two spidermen. I hold out communicater and wave my hand over it. it multiplies into three. I hand one to peter one. "This is an multiverse communicator. This will allow you to talk to the other two at any point you like." I say as i float down to the other two and completely heal them before handing them their own communicator. I float back up and wave my hand, sending the healed villains back to where they came from.

"I have a gift for you peter." I say as i open up another rift and out steps may. "I caught her soul just before she went to heaven. She still has things she need to do here on earth. oh. and the people who know who you are? Don't worry about them. They won't be an issue any longer." I float down and place my hand on peter's shoulder. "I'm sorry that i couldn't bring you may earlier. that i made you go through all this pain. But it taught you valuable lessons that you'll keep for life." I smile and gently punch his chest. "Your a hero peter. You always will be. So be the best one you can be." Peter tears up before hugging me tight.

"Thank you.. thank you so so so much!" He sobs as he moves and hugs may tight. I turn to stephen and smile. "Make sure that every stays on the best timeline." I say as a wave my hands to the spidermen and they slowly get transported to their back universe. "I don't want to come back here and force everything to my specifications." I slowly float back through a portal the void and smile as peter, may, ned and MJ go home.

"Be happy you four." I say as i go back to pinkie pie.

"Is everything ok?" She smiles. Her hair back to it's puffy form and a picture of her deceased puppy on the nightstand nearby. I smile and sit on the bed next to her.

"Yeah." I smile and take upper body clothes off. Pinkie smiles and slowly lays down with me beside her.

"I'm glad. Now let's relax. Tommorrows problems are for tommorrow's us." I smile and slowly close my eyes on the day.

Author's Note:

If anyone has any questions. please feel free to ask them. I'll answer them to the best of my ability