• Published 5th Feb 2020
  • 302 Views, 5 Comments

Voidic's World Adventures - lightningman



Voidic travels around the world fixing troubles in various shows, movies, and games.

  • ...
 5
 302

Chapter 1 - Watchdogs Chapter.

I sighed as I laid on one of the benches of Chicago. People were passing by and looking at me oddly, whispering.

"Is that the vigilante? He looks different from the television."
So the people here in Chicago know about me from Britain? That's some news. But me looking different from the television? I'm wearing basically the exact same clothes that I wear in all my public appearances. So why do people think I'm different? That was when it happened.

"Attention, Breaking news. The Vigilante's identity has just been discovered!" What? I never tried to hide it. I sat up and looked at the tv and my heart stopped mid beat.

"(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP) (BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP)(BEEP) WHY THE (BEEP) CAN I NEVER HAVE A NORMAL (BEEP) VACATION FOR (BEEP) SAKES!" With that, I quickly ran my mind of where Aiden Pearce should be. He should be meeting with Damian Brenks somewhere in the Mad Mile. By a bridge right? Yeah, straight-ahead two streets and then a right. Let's go! With that, I apparated right next to Aiden Pearce. Who I noticed immediately pulled out a gun and pointed it at my head.

"WHOA WHOA! FRIENDLY FRIENDLY! AIDEN PUT THE DAMN GUN DOWN! Aiden glared underneath his face mask before putting it down. I sighed. "Geez, I never thought I'd meet my idol." Aiden glared.

"Your idol?"

"Well, yeah. You're the physical embodiment of chaotic good for me. Which is my own morality." I took out my copy of his baton. "I bought a baton-like yours, and after I got my scars. I got a face mask like yours as well." I pulled it out of my pocket.

"That's all well and good, but what are you doing here?"

"Oh, right. Well, I want to help you. You have the Destroyer, right?" Aiden blinked and nodded, pulling out of his trench coat. "Ok. Hold on tight!" I grabbed him and apparated us directly in front of the broadcasting news truck. The driver in the front seat jerked up and surprise and immediately tried to reverse, but as soon as Pierce recovered, he took out The Destroyer and shot the engine, immediately engulfing it in smoke and disabling the vehicle. The driver tumbled out of the driver's seat and tried to run away but I apparated in front of him and slammed my own baton in his face, feeling the bone crack under the force I put into it and knocking him cold. Pierce sighed and took his phone out and called T-Bone, otherwise known as the infamous hacker, Raymond Kenney. While I tried to get into the phone call via my own phone.

"Hey Aiden, Did you take out that broadcasting van already? Geez, were you right next to it or something?"

"Um... Sorta, I had a bit of help from some kid who said I'm his idol." Suddenly I heard belly laughter coming from the other end of the phone. I finally managed to get into the phone call.

"You? An idol? Geez, does this kid have mental issues?"

"That's been highly debated by multiple governments and my girlfriend." I say, my voice tinged with amusement.

"AHHH!" Both of them yelled and Pierce stared at me in shock as I held the phone away from my ear.

"Sweet tap-dancing Christ, don't yell in my ear, I can hear you perfectly."

"Uhhh... Yeah, sure. Anyway, I got the bunker rebooted, it should be chugging in no time."

"And I talked to Nicky earlier. I have something I need you to clean up for me, it's an audio file. Can you do it?"

"Ehhh, Audio wizardry isn't really my thing, but I'll try. Send it over, I'll work on it as soon as we do one more job. I found Defalt's love shack. Maybe that kid with you can help out some more, he is experienced enough to hack into a secure phone line and he already helped you out."

"That's true. Kid, you up for it?" Aiden asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, you there right now?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Hang tight, there are fixers coming your way. We're gonna need to be stealthy about this. Either that, or just knock the shit out of all of them." I grabbed onto Aiden and apparated immediately appearing next to Raymond. He yelled bloody murder in shock as Pearce nearly heaved. "Ok, T-Bone, you get into Defalt's home and take anything and everything. Anything you can't get out in time. Leave in a corner of the room and I get it once the dude leaves that caused you to abort. Got it?" Raymond blinked before nodding and running in the door. "Pierce, you go to the top of the staircase, stay hidden. Once you see Raymond come out of the building, you start leading him out of harm's way and I'll knock everybody out. Then once everybody's safely out. I'll grab the stuff from the room and we can head to the Bunker."

"How do you know so much, kid?"

"Hey, I'm probably as old as you jackass. I'm just ageless and know the future. Now get moving." Aiden blinked at me like I'm a mental patient before nodding and running to his position. I got on the cell with T-Bone and the room filled into my mind.

"Oh baby, this dude has prototype I ain't never seen before. These are beautiful pieces of tech."

"Don't have sex with the electrical engineering, at least not until we get back to the Bunker."

"Shut up, But I'm glad we're taking all this shit. With it, we can catapult our tech in the bunker by at least 5 to 6 years into the future instead of 3 years in the past, even if the sheer amount of the stuff makes up for it."

"Remember, we have a job to do, don't get cocky and get yourself killed. I don't wanna ruin my perfect record. So far I've already been in a war and haven't lost one person. Now move."

"Ok, ok. geezus. I packing up everything now." After about twenty minutes, we heard the fixers yelling to cover the exits. "Ok, I double-checked the entire place. Everything that I can't lug on my back is in the back right corner. You got it?"

"Yeah, not get out of there. Aiden will lead you out while I take care of them."

"Got it." The phone shut off and I watched as a few seconds later T-bone was out on the sidewalk hiding and moving with a phone to his ear. I immediately began moving with blink and pausing time so that my impacts would hurt more and guaranteed to knock them out, but not enough to kill them hopefully. The plan went off without a hitch, except at the end when I had to grab Aiden when defalt send more fixers after us. I apparated Aiden to a safe location while I grabbed the rest and put it in the bunker. I felt a buzzing in my pocket.

"Hellur?"

"Hey, It's Aiden. Meet me at Dot Connexion."

"Got it." I apparated there, but I accidently misjudged it and landed on top of Aiden.

"Damn It!" He growled

"Whoops, sorry!" I chuckled a little.

"We need to get in." Aiden pointed to the bouncer.

"There's an intrusion on the side of the building, use that and use the door lock to let us in through the door on the other side of the wall." He nodded and we got in easy to see the screen stutter.

"I am Defalt-t-t. W-w-w-elcome to m-my par-r-r-ty." We got inside.

"Ok, we need to get to defalt. See him up in the balcony?" I looked and nodded seeing him. Defalt looked down right at me. I waved and he seemed mildly shocked and kinda waved back.

"Ok, we aren't hacking him, he might be a total bastard, but let's make him one of our assets."

"Oh? And how do you propose we do that?" I pulled out my endless bag of galleons that was connected to both my vault and potter's ten vaults. Harry had given it to me as a gift after the war, as remembrance of everything I've done. I tried to refuse, but he wasn't hearing anything of it.

"I have more money than I could ever want. The best thing I can do is give some of it to the person who gave me the best life I could imagine." He had said. I still miss him. Maybe I'll visit him again someday, as soon as I have my proper vacation.

"We pay him. Easy and simple. I can persuade him to stay with you guys once I leave too." Aiden blinked and nodded as he started working the room to try to get to Defalt. Soon the lights went out and we began chasing after him.

"DEFALT! WE only want to talk to you!" Defalt looked at me confused and slightly slowed. I slowed down too.

"We want to work with you. You can still do everything you want to do with the technology, you would just have allies, but please. We need that data." I subtly used my magic in his mind to make me seem more convincing. Defalt sighed and nodded. Handing me the data. Aiden looked at me shocked.

"Ok, then we're partners then," Defalt said, his voice slightly dazed.

"Fine." Aiden sighed. I grabbed onto both of them and we apparated directly into the bunker. T-Bone was cheering and dancing with the shitload of technology and installing it into every place in the bunker.

"AH! Aiden, kid and... Defalt? The fuck is he doing here?

"Somehow, the kid got him to work with us. He's not a threat to us anymore."

"Oh, uhh… Ok. Did you get the data? I just finished installing everything."

"Yeah." Aiden nodded to me and I plugged the data in. Suddenly everything began popping up on the monitors.

"Holy shit. This is blackmail on everyone. That kid Iraq was not messing around."

"Yeah." Even Aiden said in awe. "Hey, is there anything in there about that woman?"

"Um.... let's see... No, Are you sure it was on Iraq's server?"

"No, but he was trying to steal it from someone. so who?"

"I don't know." Kenney sighed as he sat down. Suddenly Aiden's phone rang and he connected it to the bunker speakers.

"Hello?"

"I just want you to know, I've never seen a contract with more zeroes on it than your's pal. They want you bad."

"Jordi? That's nothing new."

"No no, this is new. Not only have you been seen with this new kid in that mask. Who nobody has even heard of before. But you've pissed in everybody's milk, cereal and beer. You need to leave Chicago while you can. And warn that kid in the mask. The fixers are after both of you."

"Thanks for the warning."

"Yeah yeah, your gonna ignore it, but at least warn that kid. I may be a hired killer, but I don't want that kid's blood on my hands due to my not warning him."

"He's right beside me, he's heard it."

"Thanks Jordi. But don't worry about me, I can handle myself more than you. I have fought in a war before. Not a war with guns true, but still a war. I have never lost a single person under my care. This won't be any different."

"OH, ok. Just... be careful." He hung up.

"Hey, guys. I think I might be an audio wizard, after all. While you were busy with your little buddy there. I was cleaning up this audio. Find Brent Ulstor's workplace, that should be where your sister is kept."

"Got it." A quick search up and boom. The treatment plant. "Kid, let's go."

"My name is Voidic." I said as I grabbed him and we apparated to the factory.

"LEt's go. Voidic, you go in and start taking as many people as you can, out. I'll hack the network and get Nicky safe. Just like last time."

"Got it." I hurried into the factory and began taking everybody out stealthily. I was finally down to three guys in one corner, they had grouped up in terror after they had seen all their buddies taken out. They hadn't even thought about calling for backup as I tapped them on the shoulder. They spun around and tried to riddle me with bullets. but all of the bullets got stuck in my armour. I didn't even feel anything with the comfortable padding and momentum negation runes. I slammed my baton in their faces. knocking them out and hurried over to the car as Aiden hurried over as well.

"Ok. LEt's go get Jackson."

"Jackson? He's safe? Where is he? Who is this person?" She looked at me terrified.

"Honestly? I'm not even sure. He just showed up yesterday night out of the blue and said he'd help me. He says his name is voidic."

"Why such a scary mask... um... voidic?"

"Because my face is scarier. And it protects me from bullets. You'd be surprised how often that's helped me out." Suddenly Aiden's phone rang.

"You think Nicky is safe? You think it's over?" I hear Damien say on the other end of the line.

"It's over for Nicky., but not for you."

"Oh, I'd love to continue this chat, but you better move, Chicago police just got a big tip on the vigilantes. Bye-bye." He hung up.

"Damn it," Aiden muttered. "Ok, Nicky? We're picking up Jackson and then I'm driving you both to pawnee."

Soon enough we were there and picking up Jackson. Aiden and I waited outside of the house while they packed everything up. I looked up.

"There they are. Let's go." I say as I moved to the driver's seat of the car. Aiden put Jackson's stuff in the backseat as well as Nicky's.

"Aiden... Yolanda said that she's gonna call the police on you." Nicky said panicking slightly. Aiden ignored her and asked Jackson to get into the car. "Aiden, tell me you were set up. Tell me you didn't kill anyone."

"I found him," Aiden said seriously as he sat down in the seat beside me as Nicky got in the backseat with Jackson. "I found who hurt her. I know who it is." They shut the doors and I started driving to pawnee. Remembering as much as I could about the best route to pawnee from here. I had played the game 100% about three times. But doing it in real life? That was a bit more of a challenge. But I could do it. I began driving.

Suddenly Aiden started messing with the radio and the police scanner came on. "This should help you out Voidic."

"Mom?" Suddenly both Aiden and Nicky stopped and looked at Jackson in a bit of shock. He had talked, with a stranger no less.

"Yes, honey?" Nicky asked gently

"Who is he?" He asked as he pointed at me.

"My name is Voidic, kid. I'm a friend of your uncles." I then look at Aiden. "What happened when Jackson saw the cameras? Did you just injure or what?"

"I just Injured. I never kill if I can help it." Aiden said.

"Good." I smiled under my mask. I then listen in on the police scanner

"All units... Air support requested... Suspects are on the run."

"Go go go." Aiden urged and I quickly drove into an alley to avoid some police barriers on the next block.

"Suspects?" Nicky echoed confused. "Jacks. Keep your head down honey." She then looked at Aiden. "Aiden? Those are the police. Why are they calling us suspects? If we go to them, they can help us?"

"No. they won't help us," Aiden answers as he looks at his phone about the route to Pawnee.

"Why?"

"Because they're not after all of us. They're after me."

"But... I can explain, I'll tell them about Damien, I'll tell them everything that happened."

"No. Listen, we're getting you two out of the city. Once out, you stay invisible. If we get caught. Don't say anything. This is super important. Please. I'll take care of Damien."

"But.. your not making any sense! We don't have anything to hide, do we... It's you... You're the vigilante. That's how Voidic knows you. Why you said you only injure if you can help it. You saved jackson from somebody and he knew you were the vigilante."

"It's complicated. And I have no damn clue how Voidic knows about me. He knew everything about me when we met. He says he knows the future. And right now, I'm tempted to believe him. He dodging all the police like a pro, going through the side streets and alleys like he was born and raised here. And I've never heard of him."

"So... everything I saw. The injuries and may stadium. That was you? Even those three people you killed."

"I never wanted to kill them. But they weren't letting it go. I injured them about twenty times before I was finally forced to kill them."

"And since I was gone? What have you done to get me out?"

"I haven't killed anyone since those three. Yes, I've lied and hurt people. I never wanted to. All of it was to protect you and Jackson. And get some revenge for my niece." Aiden said a bit darkly.

Soon enough the police scanner came back on as we were on the outskirts of the city. "Suspects have escaped. I repeat. Suspects have escaped." Aiden sighed and relaxed as we drove to pawnee.

"Alright. now what?"

"Now, you two take the car, and get out of here. Please. For my sake and your own. Be safe."

"Alright. Well, we're gonna go out of state and move in with..."

"No. Don't tell me."

"Hold on." I said as I move to Nicky. "Once we're finished with everything. I'll make sure that Aiden finds his way back to you. But for now. It's best if you don't tell anyone." I move my hand to shake hers. "Once you shake, I'll put a tracker on you so that I can bring Aiden back to you." She hesitates before shaking and I put a bit of void magic in her so that I would always be able to find her no matter what dimension or place on earth she was at. "Now go. We still have work to do. And remember. This isn't goodbye. It's just 'see you later'." I smiled under my mask as Nicky and Jackson smiled a bit.

"Voidic, we might have just met, but I trust you. Make sure that Aiden stays safe alright? Don't let him go to dark."

"Hey." Aiden says a bit indignantly

"I won't. He'll be exactly like he was today when you see him again. Maybe a few more experiences and some satisfaction at finally seeing his niece avenged. But still. He'll be the same. Maybe better." Nicky moved and gave me a slight hug before getting back into the car. Jackson hesitated before hugging me as well and I felt shocked. He was hugging a total damn stranger who only said he was a friend to his uncle.

"Keep him safe," Jackson said. "Take my place as the healer." He looked at me. I moved my mask and hood and smiled at him. He recoiled a bit at my face but calmed down quickly. I kneeled down.

"I. Deklan Malik Chapman. Do solemnly swear to keep Aiden Pearce safe until he sees you again." I smiled at him and Jackson did something that shocked everything. He smiled. Not a small shy smile. A full-blown tooth smile. He hugged me before hugging his uncle and getting in the car with Nicky.

"Well... bye. I love you Aiden." Nicky said

"I love you too Nicks. I'll see you later." Aiden smiled sadly as they drove away. A few minutes of waiting later we get another phone call from T-bone.

"I got something that'll blow your two's minds. You ready for this?"

"Probably not. But play it anyway."

"I want you to run an errand for me Mr. Iraq." Aiden stood stock still as he heard the old man's voice.

"Right, and is there a name and address for this errand... Mr. Quinn?"

"Brenks and Pierce. Hit the family if you have too. Make it a strong warning"

"Sir yes sir. What'd they do?"

"Not your concern. Do this and I'll let you be in charge of the auction next year."

"He's one cold son of a bitch." T-Bone said.

"Soon to be in more ways than one." Aiden growled. "It was supposed to be a quick job. A big payoff. no problem. A fucking mob boss."

"Well, if you interested. there's a charity thing going on at his hotel, the merlaut. that's your way in."

"Thanks T-Bone." the call ended and Aiden looked at me. "You ready to pay Lucky Quinn a visit?"

"Oh yeah." I said as I put my mask on. "Let's do this"