• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 3,065 Views, 108 Comments

The Mane 6 And Lee Everett - Can-dees_Murder_Weapon



The mane six is mysteriously transported to an unknown planet. Where rotting, decaying corpses now rule the world. The mane six stray further and further away from their elements as they are forced to face the unrelenting horrors of the cruel world.

  • ...
6
 108
 3,065

Around Every Corner: One Church After Another

It had been a good twenty minutes since the group left the mansion in search of supplies. Lilly didn't know what to feel about the others that came with her. She felt uncomfortable, sure, especially with Carley being there. She hadn't finish what she was going to say when Lee abruptly but unknowingly cut her off, yelling at whoever was outside watching him. Now, she couldn't even look at the woman, southeast of her. She sometimes felt her eyes on her but she never turned back to look.

Instead, she ignored it and carried on - there'll be another time. Hopefully.

As for David, well, she had no clue what was on his mind. Didn't he feel some sort of resentment towards her? Why would he, of all people go with her? She would've understood if Lee went with her, she would've felt more comfortable in the presence of Carley. The brunette knew nothing about David. Other than him being a teacher, she really didn't know anything about him. "Have any of you ever been here before?" She called out.

A moment passed before David spoke up, "I did. like... years ago."

She looked back at him, he was walking beside Carley, "Is there a store or... warehouse around here? A pharmacy?"

"I don't know," he simply said.

Silence fell upon them as they all strolled through the street.

"You just said, you've been here before?" Rarity finally said.

"Yeah but I've never been to this part of, Savannah."

"Who knew?" Carley said with a fake grin, which she lost mere seconds later.

"I actually have been to, Savannah, you know?"

"Yeah, you probably drove to, Savannah just for the sake of saying; you've been to, Savannah."

"That's... surprisingly accurate." David laughed.

"Wait, you drove? Just for the sake of getting to be here?" Rarity asked, confused.

"He's just joking, Rarity." Carley said but then wondered. David seemed like the type of person to do that... "You are joking, right?"

"Of course I am!" He replied, almost immediately. "Such a waste of valuable gas and essential... stuff."

"Dear, Celestia... I was about to say-"

"Who is this, Celestia you keep talking about?" Lilly abruptly said, looking back at the unicorn.

"Yeah, you always say 'oh my, Celestia' or 'Dear, Celestia' or something, who is that?" David added, clearly intrigued.

Carley was listening to the conversation, just as interested as Lilly and David. She already knew what Equestria was. It was their home, country to be exact. But as for Celestia? She had no clue who that was. Probably some pony god or something.

"She's the ruler of Equestria-" Rarity delved deep into a monologue about Equestria and Celestia. Explaining who she was, what the elements of harmony were, the creatures that they've faced.

"Wow, what a wonderful world to live in. To know that the fate of an entire continent depends on six ponies." David said, with sarcasm.

"Why isn't your Princess here to get you guys? I mean, you've been here what, how long? Two, three weeks? If she's as powerful as you say she is, wouldn't she have found a way to get here, by now?" Carley asked, incredulously.

"You heard her, Carley. In times of need, you can always depend on Celestia to do absolutely nothing."

Rarity shot the man a harsh glare.

"What? You just told us, that you guys are always the one saving, Equestria. Elements of friendship and all."

"So, without you or your friends... Equestria would be screwed?" Lilly asked, looking back at the unicorn.

"To put it simply... yes," the unicorn replied.


Half an hour later, the group was coming across another bell tower. One that almost looked identical to the first one they saw, back when they entered the city. Made out of white aspen wood, bell at the top - easily noticeable and a fairly large clock under it with roman numerals.

The parking lot was the size of a school soccer field with a couple of rusty cars sitting in it. All of which were completely busted. The humans expected that, having enough experience in this world. A few cracks in the concrete with weeds growing out of it.

Rarity eyed the tower, wondering if anyone was in there. After what had happened on the street in the morning, this was the last place she'd want to be. Putting her thoughts aside, she faced forward and continued on when a bell suddenly rang.

The group stopped. They all glanced at one another, all wide eyed. The unicorn quickly turned back to the tower and she caught a glimpse of someone moving across the roof before going down onto the otherside. "I saw someone!" She shouted.

"Where?" Lilly asked, looking back at her and readying her wrench.

"Up in the tower! I saw someone running across the roof!"

"Wow, so the bell isn't automatic? Glad we establish that cause we now know that there's someone up there, screwing with us!" David yelled, angrily as he began looking around for any walkers.

"We're gonna have to move, this place is gonna be crawling with walkers any second." Carley added, taking the safety off her gun.

"You know, this is wonderful! This is a city and we have yet to come across a damn pharmacy! Churches! But no pharmacy!"

Multiple walkers appeared around the right corner in front of them. They were moving toward the ringing bell before setting their sights on something else. They began moving toward the group, like a predator that had just found it's new prey. Growling, their rotting mangled hands held out at them.

"Shit! Alright, everyone to the church, now!" Lilly barked an order before she took off in direction of the church. The rest of the group followed. Running past the vehicles that were no longer in service with the herd on their tail. Rarity threw a look back, the herd was already a quarter of the way through the parking lot.

They made it to the doors of the church. Lilly yanked on them, and then groaned loudly finding out they were locked.

"What the hell do we do now!?" David yelled. He turned, the herd was halfway through the lot and he pulled out a cleaver he found back at the mansion. A dread began to fill his stomach as he watched the rotting corpses approach. The lot seemed to look much smaller now.

Rarity watched as the herd, ravaged their way through the parking lot. Half of the lot, complete with guttural growls and an awful smelling odor filling the air. The unicorn felt a spasm run through her body, her heart rate increasing and a small suffocating feeling forming in her chest.

"Go around the back! Come on!" Lilly shouted once more, running around to the side as fast as she could with the others following behind.

Upon turning the corner, they came across two white doors, both having handlebars with an emergency exit sign above them. Wasting no time, the brunette shoved the right door open. She hastily slammed the door once everyone was in.


The room they were in was quite small. A fire extinguisher hanging on the left side of the room. Doors with glass panels from left to right and two brown, shiny and unreasonably clean benches against the north side of the room. Given the way the world was, every piece of furniture they had came across was either completely covered in dust, had blood stained on them or be completely demolished.

"Rarity, move those up against the doors." Lilly pointed at the benches.

Using her magic, the unicorn effortlessly stacked the two benches up against the exit doors. The group took the moment to gather their stamina. Calm down a bit. The horde could still be heard from outside, their idle growling, searching for their meal. They merely saw the group disappear round back.

"Ok, so... this church? Very clean for the end of the world, huh?" David said, panting and leaning his left arm against the wall.

"It certainly is, isn't it?" Came the low unknown gravelly voice from behind them. They all snapped toward it, readying their weapons.

There in the left doorway, stood a man who looked to be in his mid fifties wearing a khaki trench coat. He posessed navy blue faded slacks with dirty brown dress shoes and a white torn button up shirt that had a deep red dried splatter in the corner.

The shotgun in the man's hands directed at them, immediately getting everyone's undivided attention. "It's impolite to break into people's homes, you know?"