• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 3,065 Views, 108 Comments

The Mane 6 And Lee Everett - Can-dees_Murder_Weapon



The mane six is mysteriously transported to an unknown planet. Where rotting, decaying corpses now rule the world. The mane six stray further and further away from their elements as they are forced to face the unrelenting horrors of the cruel world.

  • ...
6
 108
 3,065

Long Road Ahead: Temper running high

Twilight's eyelids fly open, her head still laying on the seat she is on. While rubbing her eyes with her hoof, she lifts herself up into a seating position, finding everyone to be asleep and to her right she sees Lilly with her hands tied and she appears to be fast asleep.

She frowns at the sight of her, wondering why she's tied up. She takes quick glances around the place she is in, finding almost everyone sleeping. Seeing no other explanation, she comes to the conclusion that someone must've brought her into the R.V. while she was unconscious. How long have I been out for? She thought to herself.

Her attention flies towards the windows, seeing bright sun rays seeping through the cracks of the dusty beige curtains, indicating to her that the sun is up.

Taking another look through the antique interior, she finds her friends sleeping soundly on the wooden floor. Applejack is leaning against the cushions of the seat beside her. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy lay against the cupboard of the sink. Pinkie Pie and Rarity lay close to each other.

Instant relief flows through her, grateful that she didn't lose any of her friends in the attack. Thinking back on it, the relief is short-lived as it gets replaced with partial guilt. She can't help but degrade herself, wishing she'd stay strong for her friends. But everything was just too much for her to handle, she managed to get the presumed leader of the bandits to actually work with them and then out of nowhere he gets shot in the head!

Twilight didn't want to kill anyone, which is why she didn't use her magic in the first place. She attempted to solve the matter peacefully, but unfortunately the universe didn't work with her. She promises to never let her weakness to take over her again.

A gasp brings her out of her absorbing thoughts and she looks over to Lee who has a distressed expression written on his face.

She watches him get up from his seat, carefully trying not to wake up Clementine in the process.

After he does, he gently lays her down and he finally catches the gaze of Twilight. He smiles at her. "Hey, Twilight." Even though she's awake, he still has that sort of feeling of concern for her, the attack must have taken a major effect on her.

"Hello, Lee," Twilight quietly replies.

Trying to be as silent as he can, Lee walks over to her, carefully stepping over the ponies the lay sleeping before him.

After he manages to fully get to the back of the vehicle, his line of sight flows over to Lilly and he suddenly gets the feeling of pity.

Twilight follows his line of sight and she blurts out. "Why is, Lilly tied up?"

Lee is reluctant to tell her why and after a few moments of thinking it over. He decides to tell her why, he gives her sorrowful look before telling her. "We were having a debate about who stole the supplies-"

As Lee goes on about what happened while she was out, Twilight starts to feel uneasy and her shoulders grow cold.

"-and she... killed, Doug," Lee finishes.

Twilight lets out a quiet gasp. She looks right at Lilly then back at Lee. "She killed..." she trails off.

The R.V. starts to slow down, catching the attention of Lee and Twilight. While Lee makes his way over to Kenny, the R.V. comes to a complete halt and Lee sees why.

Kenny sighs before saying. "Now we gotta deal with this."


Lee steps out of the R.V. taking in the scenery around him, seeing nothing but never-ending trees on either side of the road. He walks toward the large obstruction that is blocking the road, which is an abandoned locomotive. Ben and Kenny come up beside him.

"Is there anyway to get around it?" Ben asks.

"Doesn't look like it. On foot, maybe. Can't really afford to do that now," Kenny replies.

Lee takes another glance at the trees and bushes. "This seems like a safe area. All this brush will stop anything from creeping up on us."

"And ah'd like everyone out of the R.V. except her. Ah don't want folks trapped in there with her," Kenny says, just loud enough for everyone in the R.V. to hear him.

Soon after, everyone leaves the R.V. The last ones to leave are Katjaa and Duck. Concerned, Twilight watches Duck as he clutches to his mother. Why does he look so... ill?

Secondly, she sees Rainbow Dash who isn't looking so well either. She is sitting by a log, seemingly breathing erratically. She goes over towards her. "Rainbow."

"Hey-" Rainbow Dash harshly clears her throat, which makes Twilight frown, making her wonder if she's actually okay. "Sup, Twilight?" Rainbow says, slightly weak.

""Sup", Rainbow are you okay?" Looking over her, Twilight finds the cause of why her friend is acting so odd, the bullet wound on her wing. She finds herself unblinkingly staring at the wound. "What is this?" She says, after a certain amount of time.

"What? Oh, that? I was shot."

"And you haven't even treated it yet!" Twilight immediately says, catching the attention of Rarity.

"Twilight, we couldn't use anything TO take care of it. We barely had enough time to escape the motel," Rarity says, in attempt to calm her down.

Twilight feels the guilt flooding back and she quickly shrugs it off. She isn't going to start wallowing in guilt.

She leans down, putting her hoof on Rainbow Dash's forehead. "... just as I suspected, you have a fever."

"I'm... fine, Twilight."

"No, you're not!" Twilight snaps, startling Rarity and Rainbow Dash. "You have an infection! and you need treatment!" Twilight storms off, not even giving Rainbow Dash a second to reply.


"Why don't you and I have a look around?" Ben suggests to Lee.

"I'm coming, Rainbow Dash needs to get her wing bandaged. Right now, or it's going to get worse." Twilight interjects, walking over to them.

"Are you su-"

"I'm fine. I'm not the one you should be worrying about," Twilight irritatingly says, cutting Lee off.

"... alright, everyone else relax." Lee kneels down to say something to Clementine but Twilight becomes too impatient and she groans, way too loudly before walking off towards the locomotive on her own.


Along with everyone else, Rarity watches as Twilight marches off towards the locomotive.

"Is she okay?" Applejack concernedly asks as she walks up beside Rarity.

Before replying to her, Rarity continues to watch as Twilight leavitates her way up onto the train. "I... don't know."

"Should ah go see what's wrong?"

"N-no, just stay here. I'll go speak to her." Rarity sighs before setting off towards Twilight. On her way, she sees Lee opening one of the large container doors that are attatched on the locomotive. She continues until she comes across a steps that lead up on the train.

It takes Rarity some strength, but she manages to lift herself onto the train. Seeing that the door to the control room is already open, she assumes that Twilight is in there.

She enters the room, spotting a decaying corpse in a seat along with various buttons and levers that Rarity presumes that they were used to operate the locomotive.

Rarity grimaces and she covers her muzzle at the sight of the corpse, feeling her stomach turn. Looking it over, she finds that half of the corpse's head is pushed inwards. "Oh dear, Celestia... this is... too repulsive."

"Rarity..."

The sudden sound of a voice, brings her out of her little inspection and she promptly turns around to find Twilight with a stern yet concerned look on her face.

"Twilight? Oh right, uh-I need to speak with y-"

"Do you know how stupid you are?"

Rarity stops in her tracks, becoming utterly puzzled at Twilight's random insult. "Uhhhh... sorry?"

"First off all, you saw a dead person then you decided to get closer to it then you decided to look at it while being way too close to it! Do you not know how stupid that is?"

Finally knowing what Twilight is getting at, she realizes how stupid that actually was, she's lucky the person is already dead and not a walker. Rarity knows that Twilight is right but she can't help but feel hurt at her bluntness. "Y-you're right, I should've been more careful."

"Obviously..." Twilight turns around and she goes to leave the room but Rarity stops her by tapping her shoulder with her hoof. Twilight turns around to Rarity, looking puzzled. "Is... there something you need?"

Rarity sighs before answering. "Twilight, are you okay?"

Twilight is the one that sighs this time but it is more of a frustrated sigh, as if she is trying to keep herself from shouting at her. "Yes... I am."

Rarity isn't convinced by that. "You're not acting like you are,"

"As I said before, Rarity I'm not the one that you should be worrying about right now." Twilight storms out of the control room before Rarity can reply, slamming the door on her way out causing Rarity to jump at the loud bang.


Instead of walking along the railing on the locomotive, Twilight just jumps over it, landing on the ground. She has yet to find any medical equipment to treat Rainbow Dash's wound and it's starting to not only affect Rainbow but Twilight as well. In Twilight's case, it's more mentally than physically.

It's almost been a day since they escaped the motor inn and Rainbow Dash is in desperate need for antibiotics. If she doesn't get any soon, her condition may become fatal.

Twilight decides to go into the R.V. in hopes that there will be some sort of bandage. If Lilly attacks her while she's looking through the vehicle, she'll just put her down. She's no longer giving chances, not while her friend's life is in danger.


Rarity exits the control room coming across Lee and Ben.

"Rarity? When did... nevermind, is everything okay?" Lee asks, concerned.

Rarity thought about Twilight before answering. "Yeah... for now, at least."

Lee frowns, wanting to ask what's wrong before ultimately letting it go. He looks past her, catching the corpse in the seat. "Have you been through here?"

"Yes and there's no need to worry. It's... dead." Rarity says.

Lee nods before moving past her and into the control room with Ben.

Deciding that it would be best to let them do their thing, Rarity exits the locomotive. As soon as she steps off the large vehicle, it makes a loud hissing sound. She takes a glance back, thinking it is moving only for it the prove her wrong.

She walks back over to the log, where everyone else is. Catching a glimpse of a lonely Carley sitting furthest away from the group, she goes to check up on her.

As Rarity gets closer towards her, see finds that Carley's staring at the R.V. as if she is contemplating something majorly serious. "Carley?"

Carley swiftly brings her head towards Rarity. "Oh hey, Rarity," she says somewhat monotonously.

"Are you... okay?" Rarity doesn't receive an answer right away, Carley continues staring at the R.V. After a while of not getting an answer, Rarity decides it would be best to just leave her alone.

She was in the act of turning when Carley suddenly blurts out. "I'm thinking about killing her."

Shocked and bewildered. Rarity keeps her body in the same position but her head is facing directly towards Carley with her eyes wide open. Rarity already knows who she's talking about and she sits herself down next to her.

Rarity understands why she desires so, I mean Rarity could tell that there was some romance going on between Carley and Doug, anypony could've seen that. She didn't know what to say to her so, she just sits there next to her.

"I'm not going to but..." Carley trails off.

Rarity is at a loss for words, the longer she sits there, the more awkward she feels sitting there. She really wants to comfort her but she can't think of anything to say.

Carley turns her head towards her, occupying a slight frown on her face. "What would you do?"

Unblinkingly, Rarity stares at her, trying to conjure up what she would do in this situation. She'd be, obviously with no doubt devastated over the death of her special somepony but she doesn't think she would herself to take a life away from someone. She would, if it meant her or any of her friend's safety but in circumstances like these; where the culprit is tied up, she doesn't believe that she would be able to.

She sighs. "I honestly, do not know darling. If it were any of my friends that were... offed by, Lilly... I would never forgive her but I wouldn't be able to... kill... her. I wouldn't be able to, it's not who I am."

Carley keeps her stare a little longer until she sighs through her nose and she rests her head on the palm of her hand.


Lilly didn't do much talking when Twilight came into the R.V. searching for any type of bandage she could use for Rainbow's wound.

Sadly, Twilight didn't find any first aid kits or bandages.

Deciding to go back to the locomotive, she thought it would be a good idea to check the last cart that Lee and Ben opened. She hoped that, Lee and Ben missed some items.

She makes her way over, climbs into the train car and she starts glancing around.

The interior of the train car makes Twilight confused. Is someone living here?She thought. See sees a moldy bed accompanied by a couple of wooden planks and a chair. She goes closer to further exam-

"You touch any 'mah stuff?"

Twilight feels her heart instantly stop and she immediately turns around finding a man. She doesn't reply right away as she's takes in the appearance of him. His outfit is dirty... very dirty. It reminds her of some of the homeless ponies she would sometimes see in the cities back in Equestria.

Then, it hits her. Why is he talking to her? If this world doesn't have talking ponies, then why would he expect an answer... unless he's insane.

The man starts taking slow, tentative steps towards her. Twilight's horn soon began to lit up with her crimson aura, ready to put him down if necessary.

"Settle down, now. Didn't mean 'ta frighten' ya." The man says holding up one of his hands, gesturing that he means no harm.

To her surprise, the man doesn't seem to worried about her magic. "Who... are you?"

"The guy who owns that stuff." He gestures with a nod. He takes a glance towards his pile of "stuff". "Ah guess it's no worse for wear." He turns towards her with a smile. "Name's Chuck, Carles... if ya' fancy."

Twilight keeps her stare on him for a little longer.

"They're your friends outside?" Chuck suddenly says.

"...yeah, did... you know I could-"

"Talk? No," Chuck says cutting her sentence off. "Saw y'all walkin' through 'ere then heard ya'll talkin'. Guess it's nothin' to be surprised 'bout, the dead are walkin'."

Twilight remembers what she came here for. "Umm, Chuck listen. Do you have any medical supplies that you'd be willing lend me? You see, my friend was shot and we don't have anything to treat her wound," she asks, slightly desperate.

Chuck lets out a "hmm" sound before walking over to his stuff and he brings out a backpack. He unzips it, he pulls out a white medical gauze tape and he hands it over to Twilight.

She lets out a sigh of relief and gratitude. "Oh Celestia, thank you sir! I really appreciate this!" She takes the gauze tape out of Chuck's hand.

"'s fine."


After Twilight took the roll of bandage from the new acquaintance, she eagerly makes her way over to Rainbow who's seems like she's struggling to keep awake. "Rainbow?"

Rainbow's eyes open and she looks at Twilight. She doesn't bother to respond. She just looks at her expectingly as if she is waiting for her to start speaking.

"I found something to treat your wing"- Twilight leans over to place her hoof on her friend's forehead to inspect her temperature. -"your fever is the same, so that's good. Can you spread your wing for me, so I can properly dress it?"

Her eyes widen, not wanting to show fear in front of her friend, she quickly replaces her expression. Rainbow doesn't want to, she was afraid of the pain, it hurt too much to move. The aching in her wing has numbed and she doesn't want it to start hurting again. When the pain was still aching in her wing, she tried moving it but the pain was quite great and it made her yelp before just letting the pain pass. "Twilight... I-I would rather not." She hesitantly says.

It leaves Twilight giving her friend a blank look, much like Rainbow gave her when she approached her. Twilight rolls her eyes, sighing while doing so. "Rainbow, this isn't about whether you'd want to or not. It's about preventing your infection, so it doesn't become severe." She goes to hold out her friend's wing but she flinches away from her, making Twilight impulsively scowl at her.

The expression on the lavender unicorn makes Rainbow slightly fearful. "I-it hurts when I move my wing."

Twilight scoffs at her, giving her an incredulous look. "Well, like it or not, I'm gonna fix you're wing."

Rainbow Dash was about to protest once more when she felt a strong, sudden force push her closer to Twilight. I guess she couldn't prevent the inevitable. A wave of anxiety reigns over her as she realizes that she is unable to move her hooves. All at once, she feels her wing get pulled out to the side and in an instant it feels like a bag of hammers just dropped onto her wing. She lets out a agonising yelp before tightly gritting her teeth.

Twilight starts wrapping layers of the gauze tape onto Rainbow's wounded wing despite the fact that she is causing great pain to her while doing so. She knows she's being too rough on her, but it doesn't matter to her. Rainbow Dash was injured almost a day ago and she wasn't going to wait another second for it to gather more bacteria. She applies one more layer before she goes to lift up her wing to see if it's fully covered.

Twilight goes to lift up her friend's wing but she hadn't even made it halfway before she was startled by the sudden yell from Rainbow Dash. "Stop! That... r-really... hurts, Twi," Rainbow says between painful pants.

Seeing the tears that are forming around the pegasus's eyes, makes Twilight let go of her wing.

Immediately after Twilight lets go of her wing, it flies back to Rainbow's side.

The pain still aches over Rainbow's shoulder albeit being more intolerable. Rainbow slows down her movements, anxiously trying not to irritate her pain further.

"What is goin' on here?"

Twilight turns around seeing Applejack and Rarity with troublesome expressions written on their faces. "I was dressing her wound," she matter-of-factly says.

Rarity gives her a look of disbelief. "Oh really, darling? Because, it did not sound like you were being too kind to her while doing so."

Applejack left the two to solve their argument to check on Rainbow Dash who is throbbing with pain. She kneels down to her level. "You alright, sugarcube?"

"It... hurts t-too much," Rainbow Dash stutters out.

Applejack does the only thing she can do and she takes a sit beside her friend. She gently places her hoof around Rainbow's neck, bringing her closer.


"Have you lost your sense of rationale? I understand that we have to but you shouldn't have been so relentless." After finding out how Twilight had treated Rainbow's wound, Rarity became worried for both of her friend's well being. Twilight being uncharacteristically ruthless and Rainbow Dash's delirium state.

"It doesn't matter whether I was gentle or not!" Twilight snaps at her, having being fed up with petty issues. "Do you even know how long her wing has been exposed for! Who knows what kind of bacteria was floating around in that vehicle, Dash already has a fever! The longer we would've waited, the higher the chance of her wing getting infected!"

Twilight has a point, it's almost been a day and they couldn't do anything. I mean, Rainbow Dash has a fever but Twilight didn't need to be so rough. Being forced to escape the motel, being forced to leave without any supplies. Rarity sums it up as being plain bad luck, it could've happened anytime. What Rarity wants to find out is why Twilight has been acting so ruthless? It couldn't have been just Rainbow Dash, can it? "Twilight, is there a reason why you've been so... harsh lately?"

"Do I really need remind you?" Twilight grunts at her.

She is referring to Rainbow Dash, Rarity knows this. "Is it just, Rainbow Dash or... is there something else bothering you?" She notices Twilight furrowing for a split second before she shrugs it off.

"No, there isn't."

"So, it's just, Rainbow Dash on your mind?" Rarity sternly asks, watching Twilight's expressions intently.

There is a long pause and silence reigns over them. Unfortunately for Rarity, Twilight hasn't displayed any emotions.

After a few more seconds of silence, Twilight decides to end it. "Yes, my only concern was to patch, Rainbow's wound up. I'm only irritated because of your concern for me. When really you should've been concerned for, Rainbow Dash." Her voice doesn't contain any hostility, so that's a good sign.

Rarity isn't convinced though but she lets her lavender friend go anyway. As she watches her friend leave, she internally promises that when the train starts working she is going to continue this conversation.


END OF CHAPTER...

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoyed!