• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 1,961 Views, 39 Comments

Bellesitter - Draxonos135



Adagio, and eventually the rest of the Dazzlings, get involved in a difficult situation.

  • ...
5
 39
 1,961

Adagio Dazzle - Scootaloo

Adagio walked along the streets, rubbing her forehead as she processed what had happened so far: she babysat a girl named Sweetie Belle who was part of an Anon-A-Miss fiasco along with two other girls, which she told her to ditch.

Then, during the Rockhoof festival, she met and spoke with one of those friends: Apple Bloom, who came with her sister Applejack, who wound up on the receiving end of a few blunt words from Adagio.

Now, she could only dread what would happen with the third, remaining member of the trio, and how she would deal with the breakup.

"So, Sweetie Belle broke her friendship with the girl called Apple Bloom, who got the idea of Anon-A-Miss from her sister's messed up honesty policy," Adagio recapped to herself, rubbing her forehead. "There's still one more member, if I remember correctly, so-"

Suddenly, Adagio remembered something that happened to her for a while now, and she opened her eyes, saw she was about to hit a lamppost, and swiftly dodged it, spinning once before she stopped.

"Haha! Take that, lamppost!" Adagio exclaimed victoriously. "You may have hit me in the face before, but not this time!"

Adagio saved her hands on her pockets, laughed some more at her perceived victory... and then a girl on her scooter hit her, sending her bumping straight into the lamppost.

As soon as Adagio separated from the object, she snapped, "That doesn't count, okay!?"

Adagio turned to the person who hit her with the scooter, and saw it was an orange-skinned, purpleheaded girl, who was scratching her head as she stood up, and turned to look at her. "Sorry, miss, I wasn't looking where I was-" and then she recognized her. "Hey wait a minute, you're one of the sirens!"

"Yeah, I am, what a shock, right?" Adagio rolled her eyes and stood up. "Now, can we focus on the fact that you somehow crashed into me despite me being in plain sight?!"

Scootaloo took a deep breath. "I guess I should apologize for that regardless. I'm sorry, okay? My-My mind's been all over the place lately: Sweetie Belle told me she didn't want anything to do with me anymore, and-"

"Your other friend, Apple Bloom, became extremely upset over it," Adagio interjected. "I know because she ruined my visit to the Rockhoof carnival yesterday."

Scootalo snickered. "Good for her."

"Anyway, I was Sweetie Belle's babysitter a week ago, and she told me everything about this thing called Anon-A-Miss, and how you and Apple Bloom specifically chose to keep it going," Adagio added, narrowing her eyes as she folded her arms. "Care to explain what was your reasoning for that?"

"Wait, you were Sweetie's babysitter?" Scootaloo stomped the ground. "You tricked her into breaking ties with us, didn't you!?"

"I didn't need to; you and your friends did a decent job doing that," Adagio smugly pointed out. "Now, back to my question: why did you think keeping Anon-A-Miss going "just to be sure" was a good idea?"

Scootaloo flinched, realizing that if Adagio knew that was her reason, then Sweetie really did tell her everything. So, she grabbed her arm and looked away as she responded. "I didn't know if the secrets we had leaked were secrets that would matter, and, I don't know, I just felt that, if we didn't keep Anon-A-Miss going, Sunset... wouldn't... learn... her... lesson..."

"So, in order to make sure Sunset learned a lesson you didn't even know she hadn't learned already, you chose to keep it going?" Adagio raised an eyebrow. "And besides, you realize that by hesitating right at the end, you're admitting that only now you realize how bad that idea was?"

Scootaloo took a deep breath and lowered her head. "I've never been someone who thinks things through before doing them."

"I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that's the fault of the blue girl with rainbow hair," Adagio crouched down, put her hand on Scootaloo's chin, and made her look at her. "However, what I can't do is let your other friends know that you've realized your mistake, you'll have to do that yourself."

Scootaloo frowned. "We talked with Sweetie Belle to meet up at the park, talk things out, see if we can save our friendship."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go to the park," Adagio got up, grabbed Scootaloo's hand, and once the girl grabbed her scooter, the duo walked to the park. "And on the way there, I'll use you as my lamppost shield, just in case."

Scootaloo raised an eyebrow. "Lamppost shield?"

Adagio winced. "I've had the bad luck of hitting lampposts lately."


Adagio and Scootaloo peeked from behind a bush to see Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle waiting for her to arrive at the fountain. The former looked at the scenery before she faced the latter, who shot her a stern look that convinced her to go back to watching the scenery.

"There they are," Scootaloo sighed. "I'm really worried about what's going to happen next."

"Don't get chicken feet before you've done anything," Adagio narrowed her eyes. "Swallow your concerns and go make up with them."

Adagio pushed Scootaloo forward, and the girl hesitantly walked up to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, who looked at her sternly until she arrived.

From there, the girl began talking with each other, though Adagio was a bit far away to hear what they were saying. This didn't stop her from seeing the girls snapping and yelling at each other, a sight that Adagio found decently entertaining.

In fact, if she still had her gem, she probably would've tried to feed off the negativity coming from them.

But then, something unexpected happened: Adagio saw a younger version of herself, Aria, and Sonata in place of Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo, a sight that was only further confirmed when Adagio brushed her eyes, but continued to see her bandmates in place of the girls.

Adagio chose to ignore this, and kept looking at the sight, feeling a bit nostalgic when she saw the little dispute between the younger version of the sirens. They fought, they bickered, all the good stuff, but all that ended with the younger sirens making up and deciding to go deal with their next problem.

Also probably find the fountain of youth to try age themselves up.

However, a certain line snapped Adagio back to reality:

"I don't want anything to do with you anymore!"

Adagio flinched and saw as Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked shocked at Sweetie Belle, who folded her arms as she continued: "I don't want anything to do with someone who started something they should've known would've got us in trouble, and someone who chose to keep it going for no reason!"

"I had a reason!" Scootaloo snapped.

"And besides, ya never showed any problem going along with t' plan!" Apple Bloom stated. "Ya just gathered the secrets, like Scootaloo and ah did!"

Sweetie lowered her eyelids, looking regretful while never denying the statement. However, she quickly grew angry when Apple Bloom asked:

"In fact, when did ya get a problem with the plan?"

Upon hearing that, Sweetie Belle sternly glared at her friends as she bluntly gave her answer. "When we chose to keep it going after already ruining Sunset's life."

Scootaloo flinched and took a step back, feeling a chill as Sweetie Belle threw a sharp look at the girl.

"And if neither of you felt like stopping then... well, that just proves we shouldn't be friends anymore."

Sweetie Belle turned around and began to walk away, prompting a reaction from Apple Bloom.

"Sweetie Belle, think 'bout this! Yer babysitter was one of ta sirens!"

Sweetie Belle stopped, keeping her head low.

"Trickin' and manipulatin' people to drive 'em apart is what they do! Maybe she's doin' ta same thin' to ya!"

She went silent for a moment. "Yes, a siren was my babysitter, and yes, she might be trying to manipulate me."

Sweetie Belle shot a glare at the duo. "But ending our friendship... is my decision."

Slack-jawed, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked at each other as Sweetie Belle walked away, walking past a shocked Adagio as the siren sat down and put a hand on her head, and another on her chest.

The latter as a reflexive reaction towards an unpleasent, unexpected, mysterious feeling.

What is this feeling? But most importantly...

Adagio looked at Sweetie Belle, who paused for a moment and lowered her head before she shook it, and kept walking away.

What just happened?

Author's Note:

And now, Anon-A-Miss has finally done what should've been done when it overstayed its welcome: soured the relationship between Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom, and also caused Adagio to feel something inside of her. Something she's never felt before.

I wonder if it'll take a certain flare-haired teenager in order to fix things. We can only hope for now.

Next chapter will be a little different, though: Adagio will get some comfort from... unexpected sources.

Draxonos135, flying away.