• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 1,971 Views, 39 Comments

Bellesitter - Draxonos135



Adagio, and eventually the rest of the Dazzlings, get involved in a difficult situation.

  • ...
5
 39
 1,971

Sunset Shimmer and Rarity - Denoument

Far in the horizon, sitting on a table at the Sugarcube Corner were Rarity and Sunset Shimmer, both looking far happier than they were in the past few days.

"No way, did they really do that?" Sunset asked with an amused smile.

"Yeah, I was mortified of Sweetie Belle going through with the plan, but once I saw her and her friends stay on the wagon all the way until they reached, and took the time to listen to our complaints, I knew they were finally going to patch things up, that they were ready to take responsibility for the cyberbullying fiasco," Rarity replied, taking a sip of her tea. "Now, the only thing they really have left to do is... well..."

"Us, right?" Sunset Shimmer inquired. "Me for being the primary victim, and you for attacking Adagio and Sweetie Belle when you thought she had taken your sister?"

Rarity lowered her eyelids and frowned. "Yeah, that."

Just then, the sirens and the CMC walked towards the building, each member of the CMC holding hands with a siren. At this sight, while Rarity and Sunset were shocked, the former quickly calmed down and the latter forced a little, concerned smile.

Once the team had arrived, the sirens released the girls' hands and began walking away...

"Adagio, wait!"

The siren in question stopped on her tracks and turned around to see Rarity get up and walk to her, catching a glimpse of Sweetie Belle walking past her as the Canterlot Movie Club went to Sunset.

"L-Look, Adagio, I... wanted to apologize for how I acted towards you since you babysat Sweetie Belle," Rarity twiddled her fingers as she looked at the ground. "I was angry at Sweetie Belle for what she and her friends did, and I took it out on you at first. And then, I got the brilliant idea to assume you "stole" my siste from me and attack you."

"It's okay, Rarity, at first you were too angry, and if I had a sister who did something bad, and who chose her babysitter over me while I was so angry coherent thought kinda slipped my mind, I probably would've reacted the same way," Adagio took a deep breath. "And I have to apologize too."

Rarity lifted her head. "You do?"

"You do?!" Aria exclaimed, stomping the ground as she went to Adagio's side. "What do you mean you have to apologize too!?"

Adagio pushed Aria away. "Sweetie Belle's a smart kid; she probably would've come to a different, far better conclusion about what to do with her friends if I hadn't had the brilliant idea to shove my nose where it wasn't needed."

"Well, ending their friendship temporarily was a good call, considering where they are right now," Rarity turned around and saw the CMC sitting with Sunset Shimmer. "I just hope what happened last Christmas doesn't get repeated again."

Adagio put a hand on Rarity's shoulder. "Don't worry, your sister and her friends are smart kids. I'm pretty sure they won't make the mistake ever again."

Rarity and Adagio exchanged relieved smiles, ignoring as Aria growled, "Okay, who are you, and what did you do with Adagio!?"

As for the girls and Sunset, the latter listened carefully as the girls spoke to her. Sunset's expression showed neither anger, disgust, or fear of seeing the girls again... in fact, it was as stone faced as Maud Pie, or at least very close to it.

"Sunset, what we did during the holidays is something we can never take back," Sweetie Belle spoke. "We can never forget it, never truly amend for it, but we can try to move on from it and continue with our lives."

"Now, don't get us wrong: we're not saying we're going to ignore that Anon-A-Miss happened, because that's basically impossible at this point," Scootaloo added.

"What we're tryin' t' say is dat, we've learned our lessons, we already went through what it felt like t' lose friendships because of our actions, and we're never goin' t' do it again," Apple Bloom added.

"The only thing we have left to do is apologize for what happened, or at least, try to," Sweetie Belle sighed. "I'll talk with Rarity once we're done, but first, we need to ask for your forgiveness, Sunset."

Sunset remained silent as the girls became silent as well, signaling to Sunset that they were waiting for an answer. Fortunately, Sunset didn't take too long to come up with an answer:

"No."

Sweetie Belle's eyes widened. "What do you mean no?"

"Girls, you created an internet persona that made me an scapegoat for all the secrets they spread, after I had already worked my flank off to convince everyone I had changed, and continued to do it even after the original goal was accomplished. And even though you eventually confessed to being the ones behind Anon-A-Miss, you were still forgiven after destroying my social life," Sunset calmly explained. "Does that sound like something you'd forgive after the people responsible for it said they were sorry?"

The girls exchanged shocked looks, but quickly calmed down before they silently shook their heads, and lowered them in regret. Sunset, seeing the girls really were sorry for it, and keeping in mind everything they had gone through, smiled as she gave a suggestion:

"Tell you what, how about you try not to ruin the next holiday party, and maybe then I'll consider forgiving you?"

"Sounds fair to me," Scootaloo remarked, lifting her head.

"We already ruined yer holiday fun once," Apple Bloom added with a nod. "We should prove t' ya that we won't do it again."

"No matter what happens, Sunset, we're not going to interfere with the holidays this year," Sweetie Belle stated with a little smile. "We promise."

Sunset, however, wasn't quite satisfied with just a simple promise. They needed something even greater than a promise, they had to make a...

"Pinkie Promise."

The girls gasped in shock. "You're pulling all the stops!"

"Of course I am!" Sunset exclaimed with a smile, though she seemed to be mostly joking. "You got the entire school to turn against me and then continued to torment me for several days, it would be foolish not to pull all the stops here!"

The girls exchanged looks, and in next to no time, they shook their heads and stated "Deal!" in unison. Then, in almost no seconds flat, Pinkie Pie popped out of the table, showed her pinky to the girls, and they promptly made the promise at the same time, with Pinkie Pie sliding back into the table.

And once they looked down to see if she was still there... she wasn't.

"How does Pinkie Pie do that?" Sweetie Belle inquired.

"It's Pinkie Pie," Sunset answered with a bemused shrug. "That's all the reason you need."

Sweetie Belle promptly stood up. "Okay, now, if you excuse me, I have to talk with my sister now... I just hope she'll forgive me..."

Sunset nodded, and Scootaloo and Apple Bloom bid farewell as Sweetie Belle walked up to Rarity, who was maintaining a stern look as the girl spoke:

"Rarity... I... I-I'm sorry-"

Suddenly, Rarity crouched down and hugged Sweetie Belle, who blinked twice before she turned to look at the sirens, who were just as shocked as her.

"I'm sorry too, for not keeping a close eye on you from the start," Rarity said as she separated from Sweetie Belle. "Maybe if I had paid a bit more attention to you when the Anon-A-Miss incident happened, or, I don't know, tried to do something about it when the incident started, maybe things would've have gone as far as they did."

"Well, we made sure to hide our connection to Anon-A-Miss to the best of our ability," "So I guess there's that to think about too?"

"Oh really?" Rarity put a hand on Sweetie Belle's shoulder, and with an unfazing smile, she bluntly stated, "Then I'm going to step up my game from now on. As soon as I feel you're doing anything suspicious, I'm going to keep an eye on you 24/7, starting as soon as we get home."

"S-Sounds fair enough," Sweetie Belle stammered, only to remember something. "But before we go back home, I need to thank a couple more people."

Sweetie Belle separated from Rarity and walked up to the sirens. "Thank you, Adagio, Sonata, and-"

Aria immdiately grabbed Sonata and placed her in front of her. "Aria?"

"Sonata's my personal "thanks" shield from now on," Aria bluntly stated. "I cannot stand positive feedback, I just can't!"

"Don't worry, she'll get used to it eventually," Sonata spoke.

"No I won't!"

Adagio turned to Sweetie Belle and crouched down as she put a hand on her head. "You don't have to thank us for anything, kid. You probably would've come to the conclusion you needed anyway."

"Maybe," Sweetie Belle hugged Adagio. "But I certainly wouldn't have reached it any faster if it wasn't for you."

Though shocked for a moment, Adagio smiled with a leisurely feeling of satisfaction as she returned the hug, patted Sweetie Belle's back, and separated from her, all while Aria tried her hardest not to gag at the sight, while Sonata tried her hardest not to "aw!" at the sight.

Once that was done, Adagio and Sweetie Belle, returned to their respective groups, and walked back home, feeling satisfied at the conclusion of their little journey together.

Author's Note:

And it's a happy ending for everyone involved. Of course, Sunset still has to see if the CMC won't ruin the next holiday party, but until then, everything seems to be fine so far.

Now all that's left is a little epilogue, and this story will be finished: the actual arc is finished, but the epilogue marks the end of the actual story.

Does that make sense? Probably not, and I don't care. XD

Draxonos135, flying away!