• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 1,926 Views, 39 Comments

Bellesitter - Draxonos135



Adagio, and eventually the rest of the Dazzlings, get involved in a difficult situation.

  • ...
5
 39
 1,926

Bellesitter

Adagio Dazzle, leader of the band The Dazzlings, walked with her hands saved on her pockets, a stern expression plastered across her face as she took a deep breath.

Of all the things I could've agreed to do in order to get some money, why did it have to be babysitting? I already got a handful enough with Sonata, I don't need any other kids to look after!

Adagio looked at the sky with a concerned look.

And besides, the music groups that interviewed us have yet to tell us if they're going to employ us or not. Any longer, and I'll feel like they just sca-

*bonk!*

A lamppost was the first thing Adagio saw as she rubbed her head, followed by the house of the girl she was supposed to be babysitting today. Adagio walked to the door, but stopped just before knocking it, catching an interesting sight on the window.

A pair of girls, one significantly older than the other, spoke with each other... well, the older one was talking to the younger, her body language suggesting she was pretty ticked off at the younger girl.

Huh, sounds like there's some family drama going on in this house. Better add that to my reasons for not to get involved and just focus on getting my money

Adagio knocked twice, but before she could knock a third time, the older girl opened the door, revealing herself to be a pretty furious-looking Rarity, startling the siren hard enough to make her jump back.

"Are you the babysitter?" she asked, with a tone perfectly matching her expression.

"Y-Yeah..." Adagio said as she stood up and dusted herself, visibly trembling and sweating bullets. "T-T-That's me..."

Wait, what's going on? Why am I acting like this? I faced the Pillars of Equestria in the distant past, there's no way a very angry girl could scare me this much!

"Okay, I know it's weird I asked you to babysit my sister, but I have no other option. Anyway, she's inside, and I have to get going," Rarity sighed. "I'll be back in an hour or two, until then, be sure she doesn't do anything that could cause an scandal," Rarity took a couple stomps, before she snapped "And don't let her anywhere near the computer!"

With the terrifying fashionista now out of sight, Adagio stumbled into the house and closed the door, nearly falling to her knees afterwards.

In my thousands of years of life, she has to be one of the most terrifying girls I've ever met! I just hope the other girl is nowhere near as scary...

Adagio took several deep breaths until she managed to calm herself down, and sat on the couch, right next to the younger girl in question. It took her a couple seconds to notice she was there, though.

"O-Oh, hey there! Sorry, I didn't notice you were there."

"It's okay," the girl replied. "Nice to meet you, Miss..."

"Adagio Dazzle, but you can just call me Adagio. What's your name?"

"Sweetie Belle."

"Okay, Sweetie Belle, whether you like it or not, I'm going to be your babysitter for today, so-"

*sniff*

Adagio flinched and turned to face the source of the sniffing, who turned out to be Sweetie Belle, holding back tears.

"Are... Are you crying?"

Sweetie Belle flinched and hastily wiped the tears off her face, and stuttered, "N-No..."

"I-I'm sorry, was it something I said?" Adagio leaned closer to the crying child. "Did I say something that upset you?"

"N-No.... i-it's not you miss..." Sweetie Belle continued wiping off her tears. "It's... it's... it's something I... and my friends did..."

And as Sweetie Belle fell silent, Adagio couldn't help but frown, feeling sorry for the little creature.

Adagio. Feeling legitimately sorry for someone other than herself. Cats and dogs could very well be falling from the sky right now. Then again, being a babysitter meant she had to care about whether the girl was happy or not, so maybe she was just being pragmatic.

What the heck happened in this house that made this kid act like this?

Adagio let out a cough, getting Sweetie Belle to calm down and turn to her.

"Okay, Sweetie Belle, was it?" Adagio asked, earning a nod from the girl. "Okay, listen up; it's quite clear that something happened before I arrived, and I just can't let the fact you're on the verge of tears fly by."

Adagio wiped off some of Sweetie Belle's tears.

"So, I want you to tell me what happened."


"A-And... that's what happened."

Adagio, now sitting on a chair with a cup of tea, hummed as she took a sip of it, looking at the ceiling in contemplation as she gave her answer. "So, from what you told me: you and your friends decided to create an internet persona by the name of Anon-A-Miss. By the way, nice name, rather creative."

Sweetie Belle scratched the back of her head and blushed. "I wasn't the one who came up with the name-"

"Then it's terrible and very lacking in originality, but that's besides the point," Adagio took another sip of her tea. "The point is, you and your friends spread secrets using this Anon-A-Miss persona, and in doing so you more or less ruined the lives of several people, Sunset Shimmer included. You went on to continue spreading secrets long after Sunset's life had been ruined, and once you were inevitably caught, you were suspended for six months."

"Yeah, but the fact that we did all those things remained in everybody's mind for the rest of the year," Sweetie Belle added. "Even after we were given our punishment, most of our classmates still refuse to talk to us, and our sisters have made it very clear they're not going to forgive us anytime soon."

So the snapping I saw at the window must've been her sister scolding her over the incident. And judging by her words, it wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Adagio took one more sip of her drink, set it on the table, and crossed her legs as she folded her arms. "Sweetie Belle, stand up."

The girl obliged, and listened intently as Adagio continued. "For what reason in particular did you and your friends continue with your secret-spree? What was the point of that?"

Sweetie Belle opened her mouth, only to find herself unable to come up with an answer. Or at least, an answer she herself could think of. So, after a shrug, Adagio changed the question:

"Who was the one who got the idea for Anon-A-Miss in the first place? I would prefer if you didn't lie to me."

"Apple Bloom did," Sweetie Belle answered. "She said something about how her sister always said that "honesty is the best policy" when we asked her how she got the idea."

"So we can blame the creation of it to Apple Bloom's sister, got it," Adagio raised an eyebrow. "And which one of you insisted on continuing to spread the secrets?"

"Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle frowned. "Her reasoning was a bit more flimsy, all she said was that we needed to make sure all the secrets came out to light, but we thought it was valid to an extent."

"We can blame her idea on the blue girl she hangs out with: if people ask you why we're blaming her, just make something up," Adagio took a deep breath. "Now, the reason I wanted you to tell me this stuff, is because I wanted to know the full story before I gave you some advice."

Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow. "Advice?"

"Yeah, cut ties with those girls."

Sweetie Belle flinched and took a step back. "B-B-But, they're my best friends!"

"Best friends? After what they dragged you into doing, they don't even count as just friends!" Adagio got off the chair and crouched down to Sweetie Belle's height. "You three decided to create an internet name to spread secrets, which sucks, but of the three, you seem to have had the least desire to get involved with this."

"I... I did?"

"Apple Bloom was the one who came up with the idea, Scootaloo was the one who convinced you, somehow, to continue spreading the secrets. Therefore, those two are the ones responsible for both creating Anon-A-Miss and keeping it running too long."

"B-But I gathered some secrets to spread them!"

"So did your friends, but unlike them, you stopped at gathering secrets," Adagio narrowed her eyes. "And if they were willing to get you three stuck in a situation where everybody would inevitably hate you, then maybe it's better for you to stop being friends with them, and forget you three were ever friends."

Sweetie Belle lowered her head, giving Adagio's words some thought, while the siren brushed her hair and sighed that, "It's for the best for you to think about it long and hard, you got it?"

Sweetie Belle looked at Adagio, and nodded.


The time came and went and Rarity returned home just in time for Adagio to leave. "Thanks a lot for babysitting my little sister," Rarity said as she handed the siren a couple of bucks. "I sure hope she wasn't a handful to deal with."

"A handful? Compared to the kids I'm used to deal with, she was an angel," Adagio replied. "Anyway, I'll take my leave, Aria and Sonata are probably wondering where I am right now."

Adagio took her leave, and as soon as she closed the door, Rarity walked to the living room, where Sweetie Belle was drawing a picture.

"Sweetie Belle, I'm back."

"Welcome back, Rarity."

Rarity raised an eyebrow. "Were you a nice girl while I was out?"

"Yes."

"Did you stay as far away from the computer like I told you?"

"Yes."

Rarity folded her arms. "You're not lying to me are you?"

"No."

Rarity walked up to Sweetie belle, and with a stern look on her face, repeated the question. "You're not lying to me, are you?"

"Nope," Sweetie answered casually.

Well, I guess I can count this as an improvement, then. Rarity thought, gaining a smile before she looked at Sweetie's drawing. "What are you drawing, Swee-"

Rarity flinched at the contents of the drawing: Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo were riding a wagon down like a rollercoaster towards a big jump over a cliff, with "consequences" written on the chasm, only for Sweetie Belle to jump out in time while Apple Bloom and Scootaloo remained behind.

Sweetie's attitude improvement might need an improvement.

Meanwhile, with Adagio, she counted the money she got with a smile as she walked back home.

Ten, eleven, twelve... fifteen dollars. It's not much, but it should be enough to buy something for dinner. And now that I bring that up, I wonder what I should buy-

*bonk!*

Another lamppost served to remind Adagio to look where she was going while walking. So she stopped to think about one more thing. I just hope that kid thinks about what I told her. If she knows what's good for her, she'll ditch those jerks ASAP.

With that done, Adagio continued to walk back home, feeling as if her babysitting duty, while not something she was enthusiastic about at first, still made itself worth its time.

Author's Note:

Combining one of The Dazzlings, along with the infamousness that is Anon-A-Miss? That sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Speaking seriously, I wanted to try write something with Adagio and Sweetie Belle for the Uncommon Dazzling Ships' pairing prompt for July: Something with The Dazzlings and the CMC together.

And what better pairing than Adagio, the meanest of The Dazzlings, and Sweetie Belle, possibly the nicest of the CMC? Add a little spice with Anon-A-Miss, and we got ourselves a story!

Regardless, I hope you enjoyed the story, and I invite you to write your own CMC/Dazzlings story too. Let's try to overflow their folder in the group, okay? XD

Draxonos135, flying off!