• Published 2nd Jul 2019
  • 1,952 Views, 39 Comments

Bellesitter - Draxonos135



Adagio, and eventually the rest of the Dazzlings, get involved in a difficult situation.

  • ...
5
 39
 1,952

Adagio Dazzle - Apple Bloom

The Rockhoof Carnival had come to Other-Questria, and among the populace heading to enjoy what it had to offer, Adagio Dazzle looked at the scenery with a look of sheer awe.

I can't believe I'm actually here! I mean yeah, it's named after one of my mortal enemies and I shouldn't be happy about that, but I'm finally in a carnival!

Adagio turned to a popcorn machine that was popping some corn. Popcorn!

Then she turned to a couple of games: a test-your-strength game, a claw game, a water shooting game, and so on. Games!

Adagio walked closer to a rollercoaster, and sniffed just in time to hear people's screams of joy, although Adagio didn't seem to notice. The screams of people!

Adagio walked to the middle of the carnival, and took one more look around as she smiled wide with joy. This is certainly going to be the best time ever! Nothing could ruin this for me!

And then, someone stomped past Adagio, kicking her foot in the process.

"Ouch! Hey, watch where you're going, you-!" Adagio quickly hopped to a nearby bench, sat down, and calmed down as she talked to herself. "Wait, Adagio, don't get angry yet. Whoever that was must've been an unhappy jerk on a bad day."

Once her foot was no longer sore, Adagio walked to the ticket counter, bought some tickets, and took a quick look at them before she put a hand on her hip and raised her arm victoriously. "Time to make this carnival the best experience ever!"

"Who are you talking to?" the man at the counter asked.

"Myself!" Adagio answered proudly.


Adagio's first stop to make the experience unforgettable was to go to the test-your-strength game: Someone grabs a hammer, smacks the button, and see how high the object goes before it drops down.

Adagio grabbed the hammer, easily lift it, and slammed it down, the resulting force allowing the object to hit the bell before dropping down.

However, Adagio didn't get to shower in the spectators' praise for long as another contestant, a small girl with red hair and a pink ribbon, stepped up, lightly pushing Adagio aside before she grabbed the hammer and slammed it down.

The resulting force was so strong, the object hit the bell hard enough to send it flying, causing the spectators to clap and cheer in sheer amazement.

Adagio, not wanting to stand out as a buzzkill, clapped alongside the rest of the impressed carnivalgoers, until the bell hit her head... and snapped in half while Adagio only got a light headache.


The next thing Adagio chose to do was the water shooting game: grab a water gun, aim it at the clown figures, and try to fill them with enough water to make their balloon pop, before the water gun ran out of water of course.

Normally Adagio would avoid such childish games, but she was so angry about the strength game thing, she needed some stress relief. So, she grabbed a water gun, filled a clown until the balloon popped... and felt immediate disappointment when the clown didn't scream in return, though she did gain a little toy prize at least.

As she walked away from the game, the girl with the pink bow returned, paid the prize to play, and promptly blew the rest of the clown's balloon on a single water gun, gaining three prizes as a result. Adagio, however, was left even more disappointed.

After all, one clown not screaming was disappointing, but none of the clowns screaming when their balloons were popped? What a rip-off!


Third time's the charm, at least that's what Adagio always told herself when Aria or Sonata messed up one of her plans. She was now at the claw game, hoping to grab a plushed toy she could take back home with her to give to Sonata.

Anything to keep her occupied and happy, she didn't seem to mess up as often when she was happy.

Sadly, Adagio failed to snag the toy after three tries, and not having enough money to waste, Adagio sadly walked away... and was pushed aside by the pink bow girl once again, who walked up to the machine and easily won the toy Adagio wanted.

However, when Adagio smiled and reached to get the toy, the kid avoided her and left without even giving her a look, further souring Adagio's mood.


Now decidedly upset and furious, Adagio stomped as she looked around the carnival to see if there was anything else she could that hadn't yet been ruined, the sight of the pink bow girl sitting on a bench, still angry after everything that she won, Adagio finally snapped and stomped straight to her.

"Hey!" she yelled.

The girl flinched, turned to see Adagio, and it wasn't long before she recognized her.

"Wait a minute, ah know who ya are!" the girl said, before pointing at Adagio with a stern look. "Ye're one of those sirens ma sister told me about!"

"And you're the younger sister of one of the girls who beat us in the battle of the bands, going by what you say," Adagio rubbed her forehead. "Now, if you don't mind me asking, why are you still upset after ruining my vacation?!"

Apple Bloom folded her arms and looked away. "Ah don't have t' tell ya anythin'!"

Adagio narrowed her eyes, grabbed Apple Bloom by the neck of her shirt, and lifted her. "If you know what's good for you, then you will!"

Suddenly, Adagio was punched in the face hard enough to make her drop the girl and go back a couple feet. The one who punched her was none other than Applejack, who went up to the girl soon after.

"Apple Bloom, are ya awrith?"

"Yeah, but ah don't know what's up with her," Apple Bloom said, clinging to Applejack as Adagio walked back to the sisters. "She walked up t' me and yelled at me!"

"So ya go from controlling people with music t' bullying children?" Applejack growled. "Ya'd really go dat far?"

"You and your friends are the reason I fell so hard and you know it!" Adagio folded her arms. "And besides, I have a reason to be mad: this little brat here has been spoiling my fun not only by upstaging me repeatedly, but also by looking angrier than Sonata when she doesn't get her taco fill, and I want to know what the heck happened that made her turn out like that!"

Applejack took a deep breath and brushed Apple Bloom's hair. "Tell 'er what 'appened, Apple Bloom."

Apple Bloom frowned. "Should ah?"

"Ya know what a say: Honesty's ta best policy."

Adagio fought back a chuckle as Apple Bloom took a deep breath and explained the reason for her anger.

"A little while ago, Sweetie Belle called our house and told me... dat she wanted nothin' t' do with me anymore. She said, after ta Anon-A-Miss fiasco, she wanted nothin' t' do with me or Scootaloo, saying we weren't 'er real friends."

Adagio folded her arms, and with a smug smile, said, "Good for her."

Applejack gasped. "How could ya say dat?!"

"How could I not? Those three got into trouble, they paid a pretty heavy price for it, and most importantly," Adagio slowly turned to look at Apple Bloom. "We both know who to blame for starting that whole mess in the first place."

Apple Bloom lowered her head, expecting Adagio to begin a rant about how it was all the young girl's fault, only for her to turn to Applejack and finished with a venomous tone:

"You."

Applejack flinched. "Me?!"

"You just said it yourself: honesty is the best policy. And keeping secrets from people, is quite the opposite of being honest," Adagio walked past the sisters as she continued her explanation. "Anon-A-Miss was created as a response to their jealousy of Sunset Shimmer, that we all know, but they could've taken any other kind of retribution besides spreading secrets."

Adagio stopped, turned around, and narrowed her eyes. "However, your sister was the one who started the username, and you were the one who put it on her mind that "honesty is the best policy." So of course, she'd focus on doing something that fit that idea, maybe to have an excuse, maybe to try claim some moral high ground to Sunset: since we all know she's been quite dishonest herself for a while."

Applejack glanced at Apple Bloom as Adagio finished. "Point is, because you gave her such a toxic ideology, she chose to do something that fit it as Anon-A-Miss, and thus, you're partially responsible for it."

Applejack lowered her eyelids, but just as she thought about the siren's words, she remembered that messing with everybody's emotion was her modus operandi, so she shook her head in denial.

"No... no, no, no, that can't be true! Ya must be-!"

However, when Applejack turned back to snap at Adagio, the siren was nowhere to be seen, leaving both sisters alone in the carnival.

"Apple Bloom..."

Apple Bloom's bow lowered as she grabbed her arm. "Y-Yes, Applejack?"

"Is what she said true?" Applejack turned to Apple Bloom and frowned. "Did ya create Anon-A-Miss, using "honesty" as a base?"

Apple Bloom fell silent, looking away as she rubbed her arm...


Adagio walked away from the carnival, hands saved on her pockets and her head

Man, talk about a real bummer. Who would've thought I've seen another member of Anon-A-Miss today? Not to mention have to break it up to her and her sister how she's at fault for everything?

She rubbed her forehead and closed her eyes, trying to relax.

I just hope this time-

*bonk*

Adagio backed away before she realized she had hit yet another lamppost.

"Who keeps putting all these lampposts everywhere?!"

Adagio took a deep breath, walked past the lamppost, and faced the carnival one last time.

Whatever, I just hope those girls learned their lesson. Especially the small one; whoever convinced her friend to break off their friendship did a good thing in the long run.

Adagio continued to walk... and it took Adagio a couple seconds to realize something.

Wait a minute, I'm the one who told Sweetie Belle to end their friendship!

Author's Note:

This was originally a separate one-shot titled Apple Buzzkill, but after forbloodysummer suggested me to merge what would've been a bunch of one-shot stories into one big story from the get-go, it became the second chapter of this story.

And yeah, seems like Sweetie Belle took Adagio's advice to heart. I wonder how badly that'll blow up on her face.

Draxonos135, flying away.