• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 755 Views, 4 Comments

Roommates - Cookie_Pone

  • ...
1
 4
 755

Time sure flies

When you wake up there's a heavy weight on your chest. Looking down, you see a spectrum of messy hair and a dark purple bundle of fluff, eyes closed, a blissful smile on her face. Sky must have migrated upwards after you fell asleep, by the looks of it she's listening to your heartbeat. It's a good thing to wake up to, something cute and wholesome.

The alarm cuts through your thoughts like a knife through butter, making you jump suddenly. Your movement and the alarm both make Sky wake up suddenly, looking incredibly startled. She looks around, unsure of where she is for a moment. It's not long before she glares at the alarm and reaches over to turn it off. You gently poke her side, trying to get her off.

She flutters off of you so you can sit up. You run a hand through her mane, it's all tied up and out of place from a night spent moving about, even so, it brings a smile to her tired features. Before long she jumps off the bed to start getting ready. You hop up as well, soon hearing your alarm blaring from your room.

You turn off your alarm, stretch briefly and then join Sky in the morning rush. Actually, it's less of a rush now, after a couple of days everything makes more sense. You think about changing your alarm time, but figure that there's no point. Soon, you're out the door, neck and neck with Sky this time.


Some people made a huge mess today, it was terrible. Luckily, you can let the day fade away into nothingness as soon as the door opens and you're home. The smell has become recognisable, greeting you with open arms every time you return. It's a homey smell, a good one, almost brings a smile to your face on its own. Of course, that honour truly goes to the lazing pony before you.

Sky's eyes look up at you as you enter, she's on her back watching TV. You wave at her as you throw yourself down on the couch. You've come to love this couch, so much time spent just lying here, it's actually really comfortable. Sky seems to agree, you often see her lounging on it, with a pillow under her head, for some reason she looks more at peace sleeping with her head resting on you, though. Must be the warmth, it sure does make you happier to sleep with her warmth against you, surely it's the same for her.

Speaking of which, you feel a soft sensation against your thighs. You idly pet Sky as you watch the show that's on, something about time travel, nothing groundbreaking but it's good. Sky seems to be using it as background noise, completely focused on the sensation of your hand on her head. Work clearly has her drained and she looks grateful beyond belief for having you around.

"You know how I said you and Ben should meet?" You ask, looking down to the peaceful pony in your lap. Sky opens her eyes, tilting her head before nodding.

"I'm sure he'd be more than happy for us to come over someday soon, what do you think?" You offer, causing her to pause, thinking it over. She ruffles her feathers, smiling up at you as she answers.

"Sounds like a good idea! For now, though, I'm hungry." Sky answers, leaning forward and sitting up. You stand, heading over to the kitchen, shortly followed by her. You've noticed something about her recently.

It seems like she's been happier and happier every day you've been together, she's even got a small bounce in her step now. She wasn't depressed before or anything, but the improvement in her mood is noticeable. She's cuter when she's happy too. You stopped bothering asking to pet her, you feel comfortable around her now and she's really nice to talk to, a great counter to Ben's boundless energy, just a cute, calm ball of fluff.

You don't notice you're staring, lost in thought until Sky says something. You don't understand it the first time, your focus elsewhere for a moment. It's only when she speaks up again that you snap out of it and regain your focus, though you miss what she said this time too.

"Earth to Anon? Hellooo~? You awake?" Sky says, her voice finally clear in your mind. She's waving a hoof in front of your face, trying to catch your eyes. You smile at the attempt, warding away her hoof with a hand.

"Sorry, mind was wandering. Anyway, food." You change the subject immediately, just as hungry as the little equine in front of you. She rolls her eyes, giving a genuine smile as she starts. You're not sure what she's planning to make, but you're glad to help however you can. It surprises you to see fish, but then you think about it and remember that some ponies are pescatarian, usually Pegasi. It's a bit strange, considering they're herbivores naturally. Then again, humans are omnivores and yet some of them choose to be vegetarian, so you can't judge.

As it turns out, this evening's meal is going to be fish and chips with some lemon on the side. It looks pretty tasty, and the smell is amazing. You compliment her on the meal as you finish it up, her plate almost empty too. The show from before is finishing up, the action is ramping up. You don't understand half the stuff that's happening, but it's definitely gotten you pumped up.

After the show ends and you've washed the plates, you each return to your respective rooms. The rest of the day disappears in a snap without the company of, who is now, your favourite pony. Not that there's much competition. You have a chat with Ben, but the rest of the time is spent on YouTube and some light reading.

Before long you've bored your mind and passed out, your phone beside you on your bed. You've still got earbuds in while you sleep, luckily they end up being fine.