• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 755 Views, 4 Comments

Roommates - Cookie_Pone

  • ...
1
 4
 755

Good morning

You wake up with a yawn, it's the weekend so you slept in for a while. You slowly peel the covers from your body, revealing it to the cold air, giving you pause for a moment. It's been getting chilly lately.

You force yourself into an upright position and slump out of bed, taking a second to stabilise yourself. You walk up to your door and open it, battling to get your eyes open. Stumbling your way to the kitchen, you're surprised to see Sky already up, making some breakfast, looks like pancakes. She's holding the pan with her wing, it's a little weird to look at. She turns to you, smiling brightly.

"Good morning! I'm almost done. How did you sleep?" She's glowing with positive energy, and you can't help but smile back at her. Her mane is a bit messy, she probably hasn't had time to fix it since she woke up.

"Great! You?" You beam at her as she slides some delicious-looking pancakes onto two plates. You take some time to flatten your hair as it shoots up in every direction.

"Good, sorry about falling asleep on you." Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink as she scratches the back of her head with a hoof. You catch yourself wondering if all ponies are naturally adorable.

"Don't worry about it." You reassure her, waving a dismissive hand to accentuate your statement. She visibly relaxes at your words, you get the feeling she worries a lot.

The two of you sit down in the living room again, each carrying your plate. Sky holds hers in her mouth again, which is strange but natural, you surmise. She's moved the blanket back to her bed. You both sit eating silently again. For her part, the pancakes are good. You'll have to make the food next time, she can't have all the spotlight, it's unfair.

Neither of you dares to break the silence that forms after breakfast is done, you simply sit and relax, taking this time to reflect on yesterday and collect your thoughts. The realisation that your new roommate is a pony only now hits you full force, you sit there with your eyes wide open, staring up into the wall, mulling it over.

Your thoughts are interrupted by a soft sensation against your arm, when you look down you see that Sky has once again fallen asleep, this time resting against you. You smile at the sight, looking at the dirty plates and deciding to let them wait. Her breathing is slow and peaceful and you wish you could just sit here forever so you don't have to wake her.

You notice a stray thought, a rather odd one, one that you dare not admit exists. You have an urge to pet her like one would a cat or dog, but you keep your hand in place. Maybe you can ask later, once you've gotten to know each other a bit better.


After about half an hour you figure it's finally time to get up. You slowly move out of the way, gently lowering her onto the cushions with your hands. You grab the plates and head to the kitchen to wash them.

Looking outside the window you notice it's already nearly midday, the time has flown by much too fast. You'd like to do something with the day, so you finish washing the dishes and change into something a bit more sporty before heading out the door.

You take a walk-jog around town, admiring the beauty of the area in the bright sunlight and trying to memorise the layout of nearby buildings. You wonder what it might look like under the moon's light instead, it's something to occupy your mind while you head back.

As you push the door open there's a small creak, you notice Sky's ear twitching at the disturbance. You feel bad for interrupting her sleep. When you close the door you try to be as quiet as possible. You're feeling cold and you could use a drink so you decide to make some hot cocoa.

At some point while making hot cocoa Sky wakes from her slumber, sniffing at the air before walking into the kitchen. She's still blinking the sleep out of her eyes as she waves to you.

"Morning, sleepyhead. Do you want some too?" You offer, eliciting a silent nod from the Pegasus. She's too tired to talk right now it seems, having just woken up. She yawns, causing her wings to spring out as she stretches. You note that her wings are tipped with feathers of a different colour, the same gradient as her mane, something you haven't seen before.

As you pour her a cup of hot cocoa you notice her eyes following your hand intently, eager to have the drink. When you hand her the cup she smiles at it, blowing gently across the surface as she holds it between her hooves.

The two of you sit down once more in the living room, blowing on your hot cocoa peacefully. When you finally take your first sip you feel the heat radiate through your body, bringing a contented sigh from both you and Sky. You can't remember the last time you felt this relaxed. You sink into the couch, closing your eyes, feeling sleep grabbing at the edges of your mind.