• Published 15th Jun 2019
  • 755 Views, 4 Comments

Roommates - Cookie_Pone

  • ...
1
 4
 755

Movie night

You wake early in the day, the sun barely in the sky yet, an alarm blaring beside you. You reach over and fumble around for a bit trying to turn off the alarm. Once the alarm has stopped bursting your eardrums, you get out of bed.

You change into your work uniform, heading out of your room for the kitchen. When you reach the kitchen, Sky is already there, sipping at a coffee, in her own work uniform, she looks kinda cute. You look at each other for a moment. You can see there are holes in her uniform for her wings.

Both of you are rushing around to get some breakfast before heading out. Sky finishes hers first, waving a goodbye to you as she closes the door behind her. It's not long before yours is done too, you place the dishes in the sink to soak because you don't have time, walking hurriedly to the door.


You sigh as you approach the apartment door, pulling out the key. You don't like your job, but it's not like you have a choice these days. The door swings open as you twist the key, you're immediately greeted by the sight of Sky, laying boredly on the couch, watching TV. She looks over to you as you enter, her face lighting up.

"Hey! How was your day?" She asks, shifting around to get into a more comfortable sitting position. You walk over and sit beside her, smiling.

"Terrible." You answer with a chuckle, Sky chuckles too. You notice her body language is a bit unsure and you can guess why.

Reaching a hand out, you run it across her head and down the back of her neck. Immediately you can see stress falling off of her. You go for her ears, rubbing them gently. She closes her eyes, melting into your touch like usual. It calms you too, feeling her soft fur against your hands after a long day.

Sky's back drapes across your lap again, exposing her belly to you. You take the bait, rubbing her belly. She nuzzles your hand as it works its way around her head. You look at the TV as you continue the petting, an idea coming to you. You pick up the remote, flicking through the channels, keeping Sky satisfied with the other hand.

You stop on a channel where a movie is just ending. The next movie is one you've heard a lot about, it's pretty good according to your friends. You place down the remote, giving Sky a quick Boop on the nose. She scrunches up her muzzle, looking up at you annoyed. You nod towards the TV. She sighs, turning her head towards it.

Throughout the length of the movie, you keep up some light petting, not too much to distract from the film, but just enough to relax her and yourself. It's about a fantasy world where humans can use magic, the focus is on a girl who thinks she has no magic but ends up saving the world. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's well-written, there are some funny moments and the climax is really powerful.

After the two hour runtime of the movie, both you and Sky are completely silent. She turns her head away from the TV and towards you, smiling. You return the smile, grabbing the remote. This time Sky gives her input on what to watch.

It doesn't take long for the two of you to choose another movie. It's starting soon, so you have some time to make dinner. Luckily enough, there are a few bags of microwave popcorn. A few minutes later you've got a bowl full of popcorn and you're sitting on the couch again. Sky looks happy to see the popcorn. The movie is just starting, the company logos are finishing up.

It doesn't take long for Sky to be in your lap again, it must be really calming to her, you guess. The movie is a reimagining of a classic, barely having any connection to the original. You've seen the original and had found it boring and predictable, this new version is much more interesting though. It has a few slow bits, but you've got a ball of fluff to pet during those.

The movie goes by fast, the hour and a half feeling much shorter. You start feeling tired, yawning. Sky yawns as well, stretching out in your lap, her wings trying to spread against your legs. You've been actively avoiding touching her wings, you've heard they're incredibly sensitive and you don't want to cross any lines.

Sky sits up, looking around for a second before standing. She heads to the bathroom and a moment later you hear the buzzing of an electric toothbrush. You stand outside, leaning against the wall, waiting. When she comes out you walk in to brush your teeth as well.

You wish each other a goodnight and both head to bed. You have plans to meet with a friend tomorrow after work, you're not sure what to say. You imagine the look on their face when you tell them your roommate is a pony, smiling as you fall asleep.