• Published 21st May 2019
  • 4,119 Views, 68 Comments

Anon's Therapy Service - SoulSpirit



Anon is the only human in Equestria as you would already know, but here he is also the only therapist in Equestria too.

  • ...
16
 68
 4,119

Appointment 6: Princess Celestia

One week. That was the deal. Six days. That's how long it's been. One day left, then it's all over. I know it's sad, but that's the harsh reality a human has to live with, no matter what world they reside in. If you're incapable, life will just spit you out and leave you dead. I was just packing up my office when I heard the door open.

"Whoever's there, I'm sorry to let you know that we just closed for good," I called, not checking who it was.

"Well, that's too bad. Sorry to hear that," I heard a familiar voice say. "But I still have to deliver this to you."

Stopping what I was doing, I looked over the counter to check who it was. I saw the little purple and green dragon known as Spike, who was carrying a scroll.

"Hey Spike, how's it going?" I asked, my tone a little friendlier now that I'm with a familiar face.

"Well, it's been better since Twilight came to see you," he admitted. "With that in mind, why are you closing?"

"Spike," I began hesitantly, letting out a heavy sigh. "Before I tell you that, let me tell you about life in the world I came from. Come, take a seat."

After Spike took a seat, I took a moment to gather my thoughts. I also had to convince myself that Twilight wouldn't be mad at me, knowing how much she acts like a mother to him.

"Spike, in the world I came from, it's not easy to get by. If you can't get by on your own, chances are you won't survive. What I'm going through right now is a good example. Yeah, I made a few bits, but only enough to eat. It wasn't enough to keep my home, let alone a business. As a result, I'm going to be homeless in the morning," I told him, checking his face for any signs of tears. Not that I was looking for pity, I just don't want to be on Twilight's bad side. Though, to my surprise, it turned out that I didn't have to worry.

"Sounds harsh, but I guess I understand. Anyway, here you go," he told me, handing me the rolled-up parchment. I unrolled it and looked it over, my eyes opening wider in disbelief as I read it.



Dear Anonymous,
I have received word of your services from Princess Twilight Sparkle. I must thank you for helping her. Asking for help from somepony other than Spike or Celestia is something that she forgets to do sometimes. It is because of the results of your services that I wish to speak to you face to face. I would appreciate it if you would give me the pleasure of meeting you here at Canterlot Castle.

Sincerely,

Princess Luna.

"Well, what is it?" Spike asked, noticing my expression.

"Apparently, Princess Luna has requested my presence," I answered. "Too bad, I can't go."

"What? Why not?" Spike asked out of confusion. "It is a great honor to speak with the Princess."

"Because I can't afford the train ride," I explained. "Otherwise, I would go."

"Oh no, we can't have that," Spike said, looking panicked. "Here, you can use this," he added, handing me enough bits to buy a ticket.

"Spike, I can't accept this," I protested. "I won't be able yo pay you back."

"Using them would be enough to make us even. If Twilight heard that you refused the request of either of the princesses, she would be angry enough to blow the entire roof off her castle," he countered.

"Heh, when you put it like that, I guess I have no choice but to accept," I agreed. "Alright, you better get going. I have a train to catch."


Standing in front of Canterlot Castle, I was a nervous wreck. Not only because I was about to meet royalty, but also because of the intimidating way the guards were looking at me before I was finally addressed.

"Sir, please identify yourself," the guard asked.

"Of course. My name is Anonymous," I answered after clearing my throat. "But please, call me Anon."

"So you're Anon. The Princesses told us to expect you," he informed me.

"Ah, that explains why he didn't ask what I was first," I thought.

"Sir Anon, if would please follow me, I will take you to see Princess Luna," he said before taking the lead.

After we entered the castle, I was grateful for the guard. Not that I felt unsafe or anything. The corridors were like a maze to me and felt like it would be easy to get lost. He led me up a spiral staircase. At the top, there was a very short hall that led to a tall door the color of the night sky. The guard stopped, causing me to stop.

"Please wait here while I inform her of your arrival," he instructed before going in. It only took about two minutes before he came back out.

"Princess Luna and Princess Celestia are ready to see you," he informed me.

"Oh, so they're both in there," I thought before going in.

When the door shut behind me, I looked around the room. The floor and walls were various shades of night blue. Most of the furniture and fixtures were also coal black. The ceiling had a starry night sky with a full moon painted on it. Overall, the room gave off a serene feel.

"Over here, Anonymous," I heard someone call. I followed the voice out to the balcony, where I found the Princesses.

"We're glad you could make it," the shorter one of the two addressed me. She, just like the room behind me, had a dark blue color to her coat and eyes. Her mane and tail waved in a non-existent breeze and looked as if it bore the night sky itself. "My name is Luna. it is nice to finally meet you."

"I must agree," stated the taller one. She had a pristine white coat and magenta eyes. Like Luna's, her hair waved in a non-existent breeze as well. Her main and tail were stripped with light green, pink, purple, and blue. "My name is Celestia."

"Nice to meet you two as well. Please, just call me Anon," I replied, now feeling a little more comfortable. "So, what is it that I can do for the rulers of Equestria?"

"Not too much," Celestia said. "There are just some things I want to get off my chest."

"So all you want is an ear that's willing to listen?" I asked. Celestia nodded. "Well, I guess I can do that one last time."

"Splendid," Luna said. "I'll leave the two of you to it. I have to attend night court," she added before leaving the room.

"So," Celestia started slightly nervous. "How do you usually start?"

"Relax, Celestia, no need to be nervous. I'm going to start this how I am obligated to," I answered, her ears perking up. "By making sure you understand that every word you say to me during our session is strictly confidential. Meaning I'm not allowed to share anything you tell me without your permission. I can only break this if it's for safety reasons like thoughts of suicide. Understand?"

"I believe so," Celestia answered, yawning.

"Good, then we can get started," I stated. "If you need too, please take your time getting your thoughts together."

Things went quiet for several minutes. Looking at her, I could see the gears and springs in her head twist and turn. I was able to tell that she was having trouble. As to the reason, I wasn't sure. She could be tense, she could be tired, or she could be distracted. So I took a gamble.

"Celestia, wait a moment," I told her. She returned her attention to me with a hum. "Let's go to the railing real quick," I told her. When we were at the edge, I continued. "First, close your eyes. Then calm your breathing," I instructed. She did as I told her.

"Now, focus on the clean air from the light breeze," I continued. "Focus on the soothing, rhythmic sounds of the city below."

As she did, I could see her muscles relax as she relieved herself of any and all the stress caused by making her mind work overtime so late. Slowly, she reopened her sparkling magenta eyes. Turning to me, I saw her genuinely smile.

"Thank you, Anon. I needed that," she admitted.

"No need to thank me," I insisted. "It's all a part of the job."

"I believe I'm ready now," she informed me.

"Alright then, I'm all ears," I replied, giving her a patient smile. As I did, I could see that she was no longer nervous. As if I just gained more of her trust, which was good.

"Twilight told me in her letter that you understood what it really means to be a leader," she informed me. "Could you please elaborate on what it is that you understand?"

"Well," I sighed. "Everyone knows that it isn't easy. What's more, is that I know that being a leader doesn't always mean getting everyone to like you. No, the reality is that usually making the necessary choices will more than likely leave others hating you. That is what it means to be a leader in general. To make the decisions that others aren't willing or able to make for the good of everyone else," I answered. "Although, there is more depending on the type of leader one is."

"If I didn't know any better, I would think you were a leader yourself once," Celestia commented. "Were you?"

"Me? Na, but I have observed some before, though," I told her. "Does whatever you need to tell me relate to being a leader?"

"Yes," she answered, her voice sounding a little sadder now. "Yes, it does."

"How so?" I asked, needing more information.

"Tell me, do you know what the price is for establishing peace?" she asked me. I nodded my head.

"War," I answered. "Humans are very violent creatures by nature. Violence has also been the drive of many technological advances. They have created automatic weapons and even managed to split atoms. It's sad, really. Even when I left my world, you could never tell when war would break out once more," I told her. "Even worse is the thought of the price paid when waging war."

"I see you are a very knowledgeable individual, Anon," Celestia commented. "Peace in Equestria as it is now had a tremendous price. For many years, everypony was in a different tribe based on what race they were. In a struggle for land and resources, the three tribes went to war. It wasn't easy, but eventually, my sister and I ended the war."

"Though, as we just established, there was a price," I added.

"Right. For those many years, I had to watch as many of my friends died," she said, starting to shed a few tears. "I was powerless to do anything for them. The battlefield isn't a place for just anypony, but at that time, I even saw mares and foals in the front lines."

At this point, Celestia's voice started wavering.

"I can remember down to the smallest detail as I plunged my spear into my opponents. I remember how I had to slaughter innocent ponies who didn't even know what they were fighting for, just to, later on, spend hours washing their blood off my coat," she described to me, almost completely broken down at this point.

"Celestia, you know you can take a break if you want. Please don't strain yourself." I told her, but she just looked at me with a pair of watery orbs that looked to contain stories untold. Stories that should have been forgotten, but can’t be. “I have my work cut out for me,” I thought.

“I am fine, Anon,” she informed me, though she failed to hide the fact that she was lying to my.

“No, you are not fine right now,” I countered.

Looking at her, I could tell that she wasn’t going to be able to calm down by herself any time soon. I had to make a last moment decision. Remembering the fact that I wasn’t going to be a therapist for much longer, I decided to stop playing by the rules of a therapist. Walking over to her, I put my arms around her. I heard her gasp in surprise before doing the same, wrapping her wings around me. We stayed like that for quite some time. Every now and then I heard her sniffle as I felt a tear land on my shoulder.

“Thank you,” I eventually heard her say before releasing each other.

“Feeling better Celestia?” I asked in high hopes.

“Very much so,” she answered, a smile returning to her face. I was able to tell that she wasn’t lying. “Before you leave, I would like to know if you have somewhere to stay for the night.”

“Yes,” I lied, not wanting to burden or worry her.

“Anon, you need not lie to me,” she told me, seeing right through me. I gave in after that, not having a backup plan or anything.

“No, I don’t,” I admitted.

“Then I shall arrange for you to sleep in a guest room,” she told me. “Please, follow me.”

Author's Note:

Drop a like, leave a comment, click follow, and I hope you enjoyed.