• Published 17th May 2019
  • 388 Views, 52 Comments

EoH Evolution: Recovery - Bahamut0



A short period of time has passed since the destruction of Tirek, and Burst Stream's departure from the world. But the teams of elements aren't the only ones recovering from loss.

  • ...
2
 52
 388

Second Chances

Sonata hummed happily as she went about her new job at an excited pace that most would think she would've lost after losing her magic and voice. But due to her bubbly demeanor, Sonata wasn't one to stay down for long. It was no surprise that she and Pinkie Pie got along so well both in and out of work. Plus, she really enjoyed Sugar Cube Corner as her workplace.

"This is the best!" Sonata thought out loud with a cheerful smile as she put another tray of sweets into the oven. "Better head to the front. We'll be facing the morning rush soon." She got a pleasant surprise when she saw Aria walk through the doors. "Oh. Hi Aria! You made it just before things got crazy!"

"Funny. You're already here." Aria said with a genuine smile. "Just need to grab something quick to perk me up a bit. Got any recommendations?"

"Who are you?" Sonata asked with a raised eyebrow. "The Aria that I know is almost always grumpy and usually has a frown on her face. And usually the second I speak, she usually threatens to shut me up with a knuckle sandwich."

"Geez. I guess I let you have it worse than I thought." Aria said with genuine shock. "Hey. You know I'd never actually hit you Sonata, right? Still, it's not like I had a right to yell at you."

"Yeah. I know." Sonata said with a small smile as she put a treat in Aria's to-go bag. "You'd always be the one to throw the first punch if someone started trouble with us. You even slapped Starswirl in the face with your tail. But in your defense, maybe I should've toned down my positivity."

"Well, in your defense, it was probably what let you stay afloat during our banishment. Even if you did go a bit extreme." Aria said as she took the bag. "So how much do I owe you?"

"First one's on the house for family." Sonata beamed. "By the way, has Adagio popped in on you? Because I haven't seen a hair of her poofy mane ever since we got paired up with cute guys."

"Nope." Aria shook her head. "Haven't seen her at all."

"Eh. No big deal." Sonata said with a shrug. "Come to think of it, you seem less ticked off too."

"When your job is hitting trees, you tend to get out most of your aggression." Aria said with a smirk before blushing a little. "And, I've had some therapy that helps me forget my troubles." Aria's blush deepened as she recalled feeling Night Fang's ears and fluffing his tail. She would never say that the way his foot shook or tail wagged in happiness was cute, but she couldn't deny that's what she thought in her head.

"Uh, Aria?" Sonata asked as she waved her hand in front of Aria's face. "You alright sis?"

"Yeah! Fine!" Aria stammered! "Gottagobye!" And she left a cloud of dust behind her as she bolted out the door.

"Huh. Okay!" Sonata said with an oblivious smile as she noticed the crowd of people swarming towards Sugar Cube Corner.

"Hold the line." Akage said as he tied on his apron like it was armor. And within mere seconds, Sugar Cube Corner's doors were thrown open by a horde of people looking to get their morning sugar fix. With an hour or two, things settled down to a more calm pace.

It wasn't long before Sonata was on her lunch hour. Happily munching away at some tacos she'd made yesterday. Before long, Aria had joined Sonata on the bench she was sitting on.

"You never get tired of those do you?" Aria asked as she took out a chicken leg and bit down into it. "Gotta hand it to Fang. He knows how to pick food that can leave some great leftovers. Then again, he is part wolf. If anyone knows meat or birds, it'd be him."

"Sounds like you two share similar stomachs." Adagio said with a giggle as she approached her sisters.

"I'm surprised you didn't try flirting with every dude in town in vain effort to try and take over." Aria said as she raised an eyebrow. "Where were you the last few days? Were you just lounging around your host's home and only now decided to grace us with your presence?"

"For your information, I happen to be working. Both in a job and to keep my body the way it is." Adagio retorted.

"Wait. Dagi's working?" Sonata asked. "I thought you were only good at making others work for you."

"Well, the two of you seemed to find jobs that let you do something that you enjoy." Adagio said with a pout. "I just happened to find one where my expertise in clothing pays off."

"Geez Adagio!" Aria groaned. "You're acting like we hated the outfits you picked out for us. These current threads are probably the best outfits we've had in centuries."

". . . Are we actually being nice to each other?" Sonata asked. "Aria. Pinch me. Slap me. Slug me in the face! Because I'm pretty sure this is something I've only dreamed about."

"She'd never do any of those to you Sonata." Adagio said as she pinched Sonata. "Just like how I'd never actually leave the two of you on your own. I'm your big sister. That means I take care of you both. And look at how I treated you two." A bitter laugh escaped Adagio's lips. "I never even once tried to let you know I care. I didn't even try to be a good sister and avoid getting us banished. I guess. . . I'm trying to say that I'm sorry I screwed up."

There was complete silence between the siren siblings, but there was much said all the same as Sonata hugged Adagio from the side while Aria hugged from the back.

"Looks like this is our real second chance." Adagio said with a smile as she closed her eyes.

"How disgusting." Blitz Surge remarked as he and Luna approached the three sirens. "To think that three villains such as yourselves are allowed to walk among the people."

"We weren't expecting any royal company today." Adagio said as her eyes narrowed at Blitz. "So what brings the princess of the moon out into the daylight?"

"As my champion suggested, my business lies with you three." Luna replied with a cold stare. "The three of you caused great strife among our people so long ago. And you did so without a hint of remorse. Do you think I would allow such offenses to go unpunished?"

"Hey. Buzz off." Aria snapped as she rose to her feet. "Look. We did bad things. We know that can never be erased. But ever since losing our magic and our singing voices, we got a new perspective on things. We know what it feels like to stare up at someone more powerful. Especially since you're right in front of us."

"We're sorry princess." Sonata added as she held onto Adagio for security. "And we really do feel bad about what we did, but we're also trying to make things right! We were already banished from this world, and now we've lost our magic and voices. Haven't we gone through enough?"

"No. . . " Luna's hands trembled as her magic flared to life! "There is never enough punishment for any of us to endure!"

But before Luna could let loose her magic, another large blast of magic knocked her away! Nightmare Moon landed not too far from the Dazzlings, and was glaring at Luna!

"Luna have you lost it?!" Nightmare Moon snapped! "They weren't doing anything wrong, and you decide to try and waste them?!"

"You don't understand!" Luna screamed! "And you are just like them! You have evaded the punishment you deserve for the wrongs you've committed! That WE committed! Justice must be dispensed!"

"For Faust's sake Luna! The days when we were one entity are gone!" Nightmare Moon countered! "I've said it so many times: I'm my own person! And you were about to attack a bunch of people who are powerless against you, who are trying to make up for their past mistakes? How 'just' of you."

"SILENCE!" Luna cried out as a flash of magic enveloped her! When the light died down, Luna was clad in black armor! "For too long your return has tormented me! This time, THE NIGHTMARE WILL END!" Luna summoned a silver lance, and flew right at Nightmare Moon! But Nightmare Moon didn't even flinch as she grabbed the lance right as it neared her face!

"Enough." Nightmare Moon said with a frown as she threw Luna to the ground! A small crater forming from the impact! "You more than anyone should be willing to offer these three redemption. A chance to make up for their mistakes. Us especially since you're so dead set on making up for what happened so long ago. But no. You still continue to seek punishment that we've both already received. We were forgiven Luna. And for your sister's sake, forgive yourself!"

"Never. . . " Luna growled as she rose from the crater. "You still persist to be a part of my life when I want nothing to do with you! Will I never be rid of you?!"

"I'm not a part of you anymore Luna." Nightmare Moon said. A sympathetic look in her eyes. "And I mean this in the nicest way possible: You don't matter to me anymore. Now you can head back to your castle and let me actual perform my duties as the princess of dreams for once, or I can tell Celestia about the insane stunt you just tried to pull."

"You can have the dreams." Luna spat. "As far as I'm concerned, I'm no longer worthy to bestow them among my subjects." And with that, the lunar princess teleported back to Castalot.

"So. You were the one that Burst Stream decided to swap out for." Blitz Surge remarked as he approached Nightmare Moon. "A more fitting choice. He was not worthy of a goddess such as Celestia. But a fallen goddess like yourself? You were much more compatible considering he fell so easily. The both of you making choices that led to your-"

"Don't speak ill of the dead." Nightmare Moon said with a scowl as she summoned her sword, and pointed it right at Blitz's throat! "And don't you dare think any less of him for loving me. Burst Stream lived as he died. A hero. He put the needs of others before himself. But what would you know about that?"

"I know that him doing so was a foolish choice." Blitz Surge answered with a frown. "A TRUE hero would make sure their glory was known no matter the cost. And that justice be dealt to all who have done wrong. Mark my words. You shall face justice soon as well." And Blitz surge vanished with a teleport spell.

"True heroes never die." Nightmare Moon said as she spread her wings, and flew up to the statue of Burst Stream. "Because they are never forgotten."