• Published 17th May 2019
  • 387 Views, 52 Comments

EoH Evolution: Recovery - Bahamut0



A short period of time has passed since the destruction of Tirek, and Burst Stream's departure from the world. But the teams of elements aren't the only ones recovering from loss.

  • ...
2
 52
 387

Reviving Spirit

Venus Bloomer let our a yawn as he his the snooze button on his alarm clock. The instant he shut the alarm off, he jumped out of bed and threw open the curtains! Taking in a deep breath as the rays of the morning sun shined through his window. A peaceful smile on his face as he felt their warmth. The Element of Spirit did everything with as much life as possible. This included waking up.

"It's like my mom always said: Every flower eagerly greets the morning." Venus said with a smile as he changed out of his pajamas and into his usual outfit before heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Humming to himself while he cooked, he couldn't help but notice a familiar shape sitting on the couch. Staring blankly out the window. "So did you actually sleep, or did you just spend another day sitting on the couch and staring out the window?"

"Shut up." Adagio growled. The once proud siren's gaze hardened into a glare as she continued to view the outside world through the window. Her skin and hair both looked more pale as to reflect her defeated state and attitude. She was not someone who accepted defeat with grace. Especially since both of her defeats had been so utterly devastating. "What I do is my business. So butt out of it."

"You're under my care for your reformation." Venus replied with a frown as he turned off the stove. "That makes you my business. From what I've heard, your sisters are already making lives for themselves."

"They're fools!" Adagio snapped as she rose from her spot on the couch! "We had the magic! The power! And yet we lost to mere humans! Our voices are gone! We can sing no longer! And yet those two weaklings are content to mingle with those we used to so easily put under our thrall?!"

"You know, a friend of mine said some wise words once." Venus Bloomer said as he walked up to Adagio and looked her right in the eye. "Having people you care about gives you something to fight for, and something you can come back to once the fight ends. As far as I can tell, you had your sisters and were alone because you fought only for yourself. Right now, your sisters are stronger than you could possibly imagine. They're vulnerable, but they're letting people into their lives because they don't want to feel alone anymore. And something tells me they'll accept whatever pain comes along with that because that means whatever connection they make is real."

"If I didn't have those two-!" Adagio began.

"Then you'd be alone in the world without people who cared about you." Venus countered. "Those two have been following you around for your entire life. Have you ever bothered why they put up with your ego and attitude for this long? I don't know why they'd put up with you being so bitchy if they didn't care for you. Maybe even love you like a family should. As for why you lost to humans? It's simple. Our spirit gives us-no, EVERYONE the ability to push past what's possible and make miracles happen. Strength of spirit surpasses all else. Tirek took that lesson with him to Tartarus. And I hope to Celestia and Luna above that you learn it without meeting a similar fate."

Adagio just stood their dumbfounded, and didn't snap out of it until Venus had left for work. She'd tried to charm Venus when she first met him by teasing him a little, and that had no affect. Instead, HE was the one that caught HER attention. The whole thing was just completely unnatural to the eldest siren sister. Normally, she was used to an entire room's attention being on her the moment she set foot in it. Numerous people staring at her in adoration and clamoring for the chance to even behold her presence! Then again, that was usually thanks to a combination of magic and her own beauty. In all her life, she'd never had to put in much effort into anything. And yet, here was this human who was trying his best to help pick her up again.

Never before had Adagio ever felt bad about herself, or the things she did. But now, she actually felt guilt and even a bit of disgust at herself. She was proud and her spirit could be said to be the fiercest among her sisters. She'd been the leader of her group, and that made her responsible for her sisters' care. In the end, she was the only to truly blame for her downfall. And when hit with this realization, Adagio became overwhelmed as she tucked her legs in towards herself and cried.

"Why. . . ?" Adagio sobbed. "Why's he trying so hard with me when I've never put effort into anything in my life?!"

What really made her reconsider her position was the spirit she saw in the eyes of Venus Bloomer. Something she thought that she always had possessed, and yet she recently found out that it was merely brought on from her magic. And now, there was only one way to truly obtain it. To go out and TRY. To put effort into her life and actually connect to people. To truly make her sisters feel like they were her family and that she DID care for them. And with this epiphany, it was all too clear why Venus was so intent on trying with her.

"You want me to live, don't you Venus Bloomer?" Adagio asked as she rose to her feet. A ghost of a smile on her face. "I guess life starts now for me." As Adagio headed outside, she noticed the window of Carousel Boutique. "Hopefully this is where centuries of fashion sense pays off. . . "