• Published 17th May 2019
  • 387 Views, 52 Comments

EoH Evolution: Recovery - Bahamut0



A short period of time has passed since the destruction of Tirek, and Burst Stream's departure from the world. But the teams of elements aren't the only ones recovering from loss.

  • ...
2
 52
 387

Prologue

Inferno Flare took a deep breath as he concentrated his newfound magic into his index finger. It had been a week since he had ascended into an Avatar after destroying Tirek, and started training with his mother to learn how to handle his magic in addition to learning attack and defense spells. However, such a feat was not possible without great cost. Twilight Sparkle had lost her library, and both teams of elements watched in sadness as Burst Stream sacrificed himself to critically wound Tirek. Reflecting upon these events, Inferno let out a sigh.

"None of this would have been possible without you buddy." Inferno said sadly as he reminisced of his friendship with Burst Stream. From the times they would just spend a day playing videogames, the massive sleepovers they'd hold whenever a new member of the Elements of Heroism awakened. And then there were the battles. Time and again, Burst Stream was always leading the charge against whatever evil forces dared to attack Unity. And every time, Inferno Flare was right by his side when they threw themselves into the fray! "And now, it's my turn to lead that charge now. You made me your second-in-command because you believed in my potential."

Inferno was about to continue his thinking out loud when he received a buzz on his wrist communicator. Wasting no time, Inferno immediately answered the call.

"What's up Nightfall?" Inferno asked as an image of Nightfall Silver, the Element of Heart, was displayed in the communicator's screen. "I've got a pretty good handle on my magic, so we won't have to worry about me accidentally torching Unityville."

"You're gonna want to bring the heat." Nightfall said from the other end. "We've got a bug problem back in town."

"How big are we talking?" Inferno asked with a serious gaze.

"Queen sized." Nightfall replied with a frown as he looked away from his communicator to see Queen Chrysalis parading around town with a small force of drones at her command. "How long do you want us to hold her off for your hot entrance?"

"Enough with the fire puns." Inferno said with a smirk as he ended the call. He then turned his attention to a nearby hanging coat. "Time to break in Rarity's latest creation."

Meanwhile, back in Unityville, Chrysalis had a smug look on her face as she strolled up to a recently built statue. Both teams of elements had placed a protective barrier around the nearby citizens, and had their weapons at the ready. All of them just waiting for the instant Chrysalis let loose her swarm on them. The most tense among their numbers being Night Fang and Narico. Night Fang couldn't help but let out a growl with Chrysalis being in his sights. The Element of Determination remembered all too clearly the numerous occasions where Chrysalis had tried to capture his adoptive changeling brother.

"You can tell your mutt to stand down." Chrysalis said with a smug giggle as she turned to face both teams of elements. "In fact, there's no need for you to whip out those toys of yours. I haven't come here with any intention of fighting."

"Coming from the queen of all liars?" Applejack snapped. "Ah don't trust you as far as Ah can throw ya!"

"Forgive us if we're a bit defensive, but you don't exactly have the best track record with encounters." Twilight added as she narrowed her eyes. She then flared out her wings in a display of dominance! "If you didn't come to fight, then why'd you bother to bring along a few grunts? You know that you don't stand a chance since I'm not the only Avatar staring you down. But then again, you're the 'great' changeling queen who almost ruined a royal wedding and took Castalot. Until, you know, me and Burst Stream wrecked your scheme due to you being a horrible actress."

"Where did you get this sass from?" Nightfall whispered to Twilight. "It's kind of cute?"

"Oh, you know." Twilight said with a slight blush. "Came to me in a dream."

'I've taught you well padawan.' Nightmare Moon thought to herself with a silent smile as she folded her arms.

"Yes. . . THAT pleasant little memory." Chrysalis said through gritted teeth as one of her eyes twitched. However, her aggravated expression soon changed into a wicked smile. "But it's funny you should mention that particular pest. I'd heard that he'd blown himself up in a last-ditch effort to destroy Tirek. And judging by this statue, it appears the rumors were true."

"Ah, such a pity." Chrysalis said with a fake sigh. "If he were smarter, he could have lived a longer life. Especially if he were to take me as his beloved."

"Keep talking insect. . . " Nightmare Moon growled as she tightened her grip on her sword. "And I swear that you'll never wake up from your next slumber."

"Oh?" Chrysalis asked as she sneered at both teams of elements getting into fighting stances! "How odd of you to say that Nightmare. You make it sound like the two of you were an item. Hmm. Or were you just a rebound after Celestia crushed his heart? I'm surprised you didn't snatch him up when he was hurting. It would've been easy to work your way into Burst Stream's heart."

"Unlike you, I actually have a heart." Nightmare Moon spat. "For one who feeds on love, you don't have a single clue about what it really is."

"You think that a fallen princess such as yourself has any right to lecture me?!" Chrysalis hissed as he wings began to buzz! A slime-green magical aura enveloped her hands! "You don't scare m-GAH!"

Chrysalis staggered as she was hit from behind by a blaster shot! Both teams of elements looked up to the statue of Burst Stream, and smiled when they saw a familiar figure standing with a smoking blaster on the statue's shoulder! A passing breeze made the figure's red coat billow briefly in the wind.

"Feeling the burn Chrissy?" Inferno Flare asked with a smirk as he glided down. His spread out black dragon wings covered in black, feather-like scales. Giving them the appearance of a dragon and angel's wings fused together. "I'll say this once: You've only got one chance to leave peacefully."

"Or what?" Chrysalis hissed as all of her drones buzzed aggressively! "My forces outnumber yours! I have a squadron!"

"We have a Ty Rex." Inferno said. "Do your thing buddy!"

"I've been waiting for this!" Tyrannus Rex said with a grin. The Avatar of Tolerance cracked his knuckles, and leaped into the air above the Changeling drones! Ty clapped his hands together, and sent out a shockwave! Forcing the drones to the ground before landing and sending out another shockwave! "TY SMASH!"

"Must I do everything myself?!" Chrysalis screamed as she fired a blast of magic at Inferno!

Inferno teleported in a burst of flame, and lifted a side of his coat! Launching three fireballs right at Chrysalis! Being from an insectoid race, Chrysalis didn't fare too well against the flames! The Changeling queen put up a magic shield around herself, but Inferno had a way of popping her bubble! Inferno's hands glowed with the fire-red aura of his magic!

"Meteor!" Inferno cried out as he fired a blazing meteor from his hand! The blazing rock smashed through the bubble shield and right into Chrysalis! Scorching the Changeling queen! "Time to finish this in style!" Inferno concentrated his magic into his index finger, and pointed his hand like a gun aimed right at Chrysalis! A ball of fire with a black inner cone and red outer cone formed!

"BLACK FIRE BULLET!" Inferno cried out as he fired his attack right at Queen Chrysalis! The Changeling queen screamed as the black flames did massive damage! Scorching her chitinous skin! Inferno walked over to the writhing queen, and drew his sword! Pointing it right at her head! "Get out of my town. Or next time, I won't even leave ashes behind."

Chrysalis hissed at Inferno before she and her soldiers teleported away in flashes of green fire! All of Unityville cheered at Inferno's victorious battle! Within a few minutes, everyone went back to their daily lives. Save for Twilight, who had received an urgent message from Sunset Shimmer.

"You did a good job out there Inferno." Arctic Ace said with a cool smile. "You sent Chrysalis packing with no problem."

"Yeah. But I should've asked you to put her and her cronies on ice." Inferno said with a sigh. "Could you leave me alone for a moment? I need to talk to someone."

Arctic Ace nodded, and left his new leader to his own business. Inferno had a sad smile on his face as he looked up at the statue of Burst Stream that had been erected in honor of the Element of Power making the ultimate sacrifice.

"I miss you buddy." Inferno said as his eyes started to grow misty. "It's not the same without you here. I know you entrusted me to step up if you couldn't. Wherever you are, I hope that I've done right by you."

"As I thought." A female voice said. Inferno looked behind him, and saw Rarity smiling at him lovingly. "You look absolutely dashing in that coat I made you."

"Thanks babe." Inferno said with a small smile. "It's nice to know I've got my treasure to lift my spirits."

"I always will, darling." Rarity said as she wrapped her arms around Inferno. "And I know he would be proud of you." The couple gave one last glance to the statue of Burst Stream. It depicted him stand with one of his blasters drawn, and his hand on his sword. His signature smile ever-present.