• Published 30th Apr 2019
  • 662 Views, 4 Comments

Honeymoon Hazard - DakariKingMykan



Cadance and Shining Armor are trapped on a ship rigged to explode

  • ...
34
 4
 662

Act 2: Stranded in the Sky

ACT TWO

The airstrip sounded the alarm, warning that danger was imminent, and announcement was made telling all the ponies and passengers to evacuate the airstrip immediately for the emergency.

“There really is something wrong up there!” cried Fluttershy.

Rarity couldn’t believe it, “How can such a beautiful ship as that be in such danger?”

The group had no choice however but to leave the airstrip as ordered by the guards.


“What’s happening up there?” asked Night Light.

“I’m sorry, we can’t reveal that danger.” answered the guard.

“DANGER?!” cried Velvet, and she tried to run back, but the guards held her back. “You don’t understand-- My son and his wife are up there!”

“Ma’am, I’m sorry, you have to leave!”

“That’s my brother up there!” shouted Twilight, and rather than obey she teleported herself through the crowds and the guards and galloped off for the control tower.

“Twilight!!” called Spike.

“Stop her!” a guard shouted, but a lot of the guards were too busy escorting the crowds off the grounds, and those that did give chase were not able to catch her!

The second it looked as if they would get her, Twilight used her magic to levitate them out of the way or poof herself right past them.

“Engage the protective barrier!”

The guards did so, and conjured a strong force-field around the entire tower, but Twilight had seen this kind of barrier before.

“Baby food.” she teased, and was able to actually break a small breach in the weak magic and made it in.

The guards felt like smacking themselves.

“I knew we should have updated the spell!”


The only ponies that were allowed near the airstrip were the technicians and emergency crews, and Skye was secretly enjoying all the panic and chaos she had caused.

“Hey!” snapped the chief, “Shake a leg, girl. We got an emergency here.”

“Okay, okay!” grumbled Skye, but she really felt nothing could save that ship now-- especially thanks to the extra little precaution she had taken.



Up in the tower, The Controller and his crew were hard at work ensuring the entire airstrip was clear.

“No one is to come within fifty miles of this area.” said The Controller “Now I must contact Captain Aero.”

He got out his book and wrote the message.


Aero was most disturbed to receive the message, “There is indeed a bomb-- placed in the main spring-loaded system of hydraulic jacks.”


This was very disturbing! It meant that the second the jacks were shot out, the bomb would explode as it got jammed up in the gear and clamps.

Worst of all: even if they could get into the hydraulic chamber, they wouldn’t be able to reach the bomb unless they dismantled all the equipment, which could only be done safely on the ground.


Aero wrote back to The Controller, “Permission for emergency landing, without landing jacks.”

The Controller responded immediately, “That’s impossible. The bomb is so placed, that impact of landing will explode it.

Maintain altitude and remain on free-float. We are sending and emergency flight crew to evacuate all passengers.”

Shining Armor couldn’t get in to see the Captain, as he was told by the guards that he was very busy, and they still wouldn’t tell him the emergency, which only made Shining Armor crosser and more concerned, but he had no choice but to return to Cadance on the main deck.

“What’s going now?” he asked.

“Look!” cried Cadance “It’s an emergency flying squad.”



All the passengers could see the many pegasi carrying large air-balloon baskets towards the ship, which began to fret the passengers that there was something wrong with the ship, and now they would have to get off of it.


However, there was even worse to come their way!


Down in the hydraulic area, aside from the bomb blinking its light, that strange orb that Skye had planted along with it began to glow and emit and strong flow of aura that began to spread around the ship.


“Approaching target!” called the leader of the flight squad “Prepare to assist passengers.”

The pegasi all concurred, but just as they got within a few yards of the ship, they crashed into something strong and solid.


The passengers were most alarmed, and Cadance realized, “It’s a force-field!”

Passengers began to feel and knock at the invisible, yet solid surface of the shield.

Some of them tried throwing things at it, but they couldn’t break it.

Unicorns, and the newlyweds tried to use their magic to break the shield, but that also didn’t work.

The pegasi couldn’t get on, and no one could get off.

“We’re trapped!” cried Shining Armor.

Now there was real panic—some of the passengers began to run around, screaming and crying,

“We’re going to die!”

“I never wanted to go on this stupid ship anyway!”

“I want my money back!”

Cadance was starting to feel afraid the most and she was trembling in fear.

Her husband held her, but he, too, felt just as fretful.



Aero could not believe this, nor could his crew, and he had reported the situation to the control tower.

“This is unbelievable!” grumbled The Controller “Some-pony or some highly organized group of ponies has gone to fantastic lengths to ensure the destruction of that ship and the deaths of all onboard!”


He then received another message from Aero.

“What do we do now? We can’t just stay up here forever.”


The Controller wrote back asking “How long do you think you can last?”

“Well, with the hydro-powered motors, we don’t need to worry about running out of fuel, but food and water supplies are already running low from all the partying we’ve done this weekend.

To make matters worse, this force-field is so thick it’s not even letting the air pass through.

I’d say we have about one hour before all the oxygen on this ship is consumed!”


The Controller was really starting to lose hope for all those poor ponies trapped up there.


Aero never felt so helpless in his life,

“We can’t reach the bomb…

We can’t land…

We can’t get off the ship…

…And if we stay up here, we’ll run out of oxygen and suffocate.

Either way you look at it, we haven’t got a chance!”

The crew felt the same way and lowered their heads in misery.


Even the Controller was ready to give up.

“They haven’t got a chance.” he said to himself “We’ve just got to sit here and wait for them to die.”

Suddenly, in a puff of pink smoke, Twilight appeared in the main ops, and she looked exhausted as if she had fought through an army-- which she actually had.


The controller recognized who she was, “Twilight Sparkle?” naturally he and his crew knew of her-- The student of Princess Celestia, and hero of Equestria, and before he could even question her of what she was doing here and how she got past security....

“I think I know a way to get that ship down.” Twilight said “But I’ll need your cooperation.”