• Published 30th Apr 2019
  • 659 Views, 4 Comments

Honeymoon Hazard - DakariKingMykan



Cadance and Shining Armor are trapped on a ship rigged to explode

  • ...
34
 4
 659

Intro: Bon Voyage

INTRO

The royal wedding carriage had already had its tour around Canterlot.

Princess Cadance and her new husband, Shining Armor greeted many of the village ponies as they passed, and Cadance expressed her gratitude by sprinkling a few bits of her magical aura on everyone, helping them to feel the love too.

Then, they arrived at the destination, at an airstrip where a new large airship was awaiting them.

“Take a look at that.” said Shining Armor “I wish Twily could see this.”

“So beautiful and majestic.” agreed Cadance.

This was the maiden voyage of the newest, and largest airship in all of Equestria—The S.S Sky Lord.

It had a large purple and white oriented colored balloon attached to the carrier, which had to be the length of the Royal Canterlot Courtyard where the wedding party had just taken place.

Onboard, there were swimming pools, shuffle-board courts, places to sit and relax, while inside there were very classy suites and the honeymoon suit for newlyweds, where Cadance and Shining Armor were going to be staying.

Game rooms, dance floors, large dining rooms, and galley completed the level.

The most impressive thing of this new airship, it was hydro-powered-- once it would get up in the air it could use energy from the clouds and moisture in the air to keep itself in the air safely as if it were running on an endless fuel supply.

Another interesting feature was that this airship didn’t have to be tied down or already afloat in the air, but rather it was nestled softly on the solid ground by strong hydraulic jacks that could drill into the ground and safely pull the ship down.

The royal couple were pleased to be among the first of a-hundred ponies to be on the maiden voyage of this ship, as was a wedding gift from Princess Celestia.

Many cheers and hollers were given as the couple proceeded up the ramp and on-board to the deck.

There, they were greeted by Captain Aero. A blue pegasi with a white mustache, wearing an officer’s outfit, and his cutiemark was that of a cloud in the breeze.

“I hope you both have a pleasant voyage around Equestria.”

“I always do.” joked Shining Armor.

Skye and Cadance chuckled.

“Isn’t he terrible?” Cadance teased.


Little did they, the crew, or any-pony realize that there was soon to be trouble!


Down below, there was a Unicorn Pony-- light peach colored coat, a navy blue mane with purple streaks, and a cutie-mark of guidance light for airstrips on her flank.

On her technician’s outfit, her nametag read “Skye Light”

She claimed she was inside making a few last minute checks on the systems, when really she was planning sabotage!

She used her magic to levitate a small glowing orb, and placed it right at the engine.

Then, snickering wickedly, she attached a large black box that read “Auto-Bomb” right in the gear-system of the hydraulic shooters.

“There, that’ll do it.” she said to herself with glee “It’s bad enough he chose to marry HER of all ponies, but I’m not good enough for them to invite me to their wedding.

…Well, let’s see how they like it when they and all the other guests get a bang out of this!”

She laughed softly as she armed the bomb, as was hinted by its flashing red light

Then she left, closing the hatches on the way.



Soon, Captain Aero gave the signal to raise the gang-plank, and start up the engines.

Soon, the Sky Lord retracted its jacks, and began to rise up into the air and all the ponies below waved goodbye to the ship and passengers.

Cadance and shining Armor waved and Cadance blew kisses to the crowds.


Soon, they were high in the sky above all of Equestria for a lovely tour that would last through the weekend.


Skye continued to watch the ship through her binoculars, while thinking wickedly, “Two days is all you have left to live.”

No Pony suspected a thing.