• Published 16th Apr 2019
  • 1,093 Views, 50 Comments

A Night of Dashing Dreams - Nyronus



Luna decides to take Dash up on her interest in dreamwalking. Dash decides to be awesome. No one is ready for the consequences.

  • ...
1
 50
 1,093

Prologue: Have You Considered My Servant Rainbow Dash?

And just like that, Luna got Twilight to stop short.

“Huh?” She said, staring at Luna.

“Hmm?” Luna put down her tea. “I said I had hoped to find Dash before returning to Canterlot. I intended to ask her to help walk the dream world with me soon. Was that not clear?”

“Uh.” Twilight rubbed her face. “No, no, it was. Just… surprising, is all.”

“Why so? She was quite enthusiastic about the idea a few weeks ago.”

“I get that, it’s just…” Twilight inhaled. “Sorry, I really shouldn’t butt in.”

“No, go on Twilight. I value your perspective.”

Twilight grimaced down at her own tea.

“Dash is wonderful, brave, fierce, but she’s…” Twilight’s lips rolled over each other.

Luna raised an eyebrow.

Twilight let out her breath.

“Impulsive, and direct, and… rash.” Twilight shook her head. “Stubborn, too. I don’t really want to sound mean here, I mean, my flaws are apparently now a verb-”

Luna quirked the eyebrow a notch higher.

“-but I just worry she may not have the finesse to handle ponies with dreams. She’s great to have at your back, but sometimes she’s like a hammer looking for nails.”

Luna leaned back, stared at the ceiling for a moment, and shrugged.

“Perhaps that is true, but often courage and loyalty can be tonics in times of doubt and fear. I shall also be with her the whole way, guiding her if need be.” Luna then gave a small, sheepish smile. “Plus, if I am to be as honest as you have been, I admit that I have a selfish motive in this. It is rare that a pony shows such enthusiasm for my work and I wanted… company, for a night.”

Twilight sighed, and smiled.

“There’s nothing to be ashamed of, Luna. Wanting friends to share in your interests is good.”

Luna blushed. Twilight went on.

“And, I guess, if you’re there, things will be okay. Plus, I’m sure Dash will love it. Especially if there’s some monsters for her to fight.”

Luna gave a small, warm smile.

“Well, it has been my experience that hammers are surprisingly versatile tools.”

Twilight laughed, and the two carried on their meeting as the afternoon went on. Soon Luna said her goodbyes to go find Rainbow Dash before raising the moon. Twilight watched her go, and then gave a small frown before shaking her head and turning away.

“I’m sure it will be alright.”

And with that, she went back to work.