• Published 15th Apr 2019
  • 1,201 Views, 17 Comments

The enhanced Stallion - Shenzy



When a metallic monster surfaces in Equestria, all clues point to the past...

  • ...
4
 17
 1,201

Rough diamond

Canterlot Castle was built with more than three-hundred rooms, give or take a dozen, depending on which you would count as actual rooms. Fifty of which dedicated to royalty.

Twilight hadn't asked for it but was assigned to one of those fifty.

There were remarkable big windows with cherry-red curtains and golden cords.

A fireplace was a must have, as well an oversize chandelier crested with diamonds.

Some of the finest literature was carefully arranged in two massive bookshelf's, standing on the peach colored carpet. Everything was crafted to please the eye...

In the middle of all of it, stood a princess sized bed, with fur matching covers.

Twilight laid flat on the ground. Head on hooves, the levitating book's from the shelves in front of her face. A tiresome glance was given on the title... and than it was put back somewhere else.

“Twi, we gotta talk!” the doors slammed open when her friends burst into the room.

“Ouh... how divine...” Rarity said, following closely behind, glittering eyes on the exquisite crafting. “Yeah, looks like we got screwed with our rooms” “Is there room-service?”

A mumbled “Girls...?” brought them back on topic, as they gathered around the moping princess.

Books kept flying by... the limp body pulled its eyebrows up a bit... to put them someplace else in the shelf.

“Twilight, we gotta do something and you will help us!”

“Yeah, you think we let you sit here all day? No way!” the pegasus said, grabbing the next book out of the air, to be hit on the back of her head, by another one flying by, growling at it, while rubbing the spot.

The white unicorn stepped in front of her “Now now darling, I know it doesn't look too good...” and another book obscured her line of sight, before following the others “...but you just can't give up on it like that, can you?”

“S-she is right... if you give up, we all had to... we can't watch you like this, all sad and... - not the Twilight we know.”

“- but we never give up! NEVER!” it screamed, grabbing an issue of -Equestrian Culture- and throwing it into the fireplace... which luckily wasn't lit.

“H-? Hey!” the mare snapped up, on this crude handling of a clas-... okay, more or less quite boring, yet - valuable piece!

“Now hun, which one is it?” Applejack declared as they all lined up around her “Either you gonna help us, gett'n some work done, or a carry yu out here ma self!”

Fluttershy copied the others, crossing her hooves in front of her chest “... and we don't take -no- for an answer... unless... you really don't want to...”

“Harrumph” “I meant... we... don't take it... at all?” this one got approving nods.

“... it's nice what you try to do here... but i'm kinda busy right now.” as another book was pulled away and another one, which she tried to pull out of blue hooves, lifting Rainbow almost of the ground “You mind!?”

“You bet I doooo-!” as the mare was dragged across the room, still hanging onto the literature.

The purple face was grabbed, causing the pegasus to crash land on the bed, to be quickly joined by Fluttershy on its side “A-are you alright?”

The pegasus pushed herself up, to feel the blanket one more time “...- woah, check it out... soft as a cloud!” which the yellow one did, while the other pulled the blanket up for a sniff, shrugging it off “...kinda smells like your garden!” was pointed out “... that does sound lovely” the yellow pegasus agreed, carefully taking a sniff as well... “oh... that's nice”.

“Busy what? Sorting a bunch of baloney?”

“I let you know, that some of those are first print issues” levitating the ones from the bed to her side.

“Looks like first print nonsense to me” the reply came stubborn “Unless there is sumething in there, telling us what to do” one was grabbed, to be opened and pushed close to the alicorn's face, which swat it out of her hooves onto the ground.

“It's not! In none of them!” the second one was thrown with purple magic onto the ground, as the mare stood huffing in front of her shocked friend “They are all useless!”

Rarity and Pinkie bothered to pick them up... - Applejack took the one from Pinkie and opened it again, to read a line or two, showing it to the upset mare one more time.

“Look” the hoof tapped “-there” right onto a bunch of royals eating salad “... this one teaches yu, how to eat all fancy with forks...” the gave it then back and grab the other one, to do the same again “... and there you got some waltz... - wouldn't know how that's supposed to work” as she tried a few clumsy steps, which actually looked kinda funny.

Hoofing the book away “Ya see... those reams couldn't teach me a thing, but I still would use em to fix a rocking table or keep the door open, when its boiling hot on the farm...” than she gave Twilight a smile “... but that doesn't mean they are useless. They're good for sumething” the others put aside the books and jumped of the bed, to gather once more around the mare “... thanks. I get what you are trying to say. That everything has a time and place” she cracked a smile, before being center of a big group hug, one Twilight enjoyed more than a howl shelf of classics.

The group let go of the mare in her middle “Now, what ya say, if we all get some rest - and first thing in the morning, I make some of granny's first class super secret recipe apple pockets?”

“Sounds good to me...” Twilight agreed calmly, after which each one gave her another hug, to leave the room happily. “... good night and don't let the bedbugs bite ya.”

The alicorn had been up all day... - her body felt indeed like a bag of rocks... but this bed was soooo soft... and the pillow soooo... “Rainbow!?

What!? Mine is like half the size!”

Ugh... alright, but no snoring...” light's all around the room were finally turned off in order to get the necessary rest.


Applejack had taken over one of the smaller kitchens. Sending away cooks and servants in order to cook solely for her friends. Loud protests were applied until it was mentioned, who one this special friend would be! From there on in it was smooth sailing.

“There you are...-oh...” it sniffed “...hmm... that smells delicious!”

“Morning! ...yeah, turns out: the castle has a lot good stuff...” putting first plates onto the wooden table on which four pony's eagerly waited to eat whatever was smelling that good!

“You sure want to stay here... it's so... humble?” Rarity wondered since next door was a lovely dining room with crystal plates and gorgeous silk curtains framing the windows “Nah, we would sit so far apart, couldn't even tell it was ya'all.”

-pok, pok- more plates were served and the silver next room quickly is forgotten.

Applejack sat down, looking at the hungry bunch “What ya'all waiting for?” causing Pinkie to stuff the plate into her face. The remaining ones also began eating, just not as hasty.

“Those are sooooooo goood!” Pinkie cheered, going for the second round with some whip on top, while the rest barely managed to empty half the plate.

“Granny's secret recipe...” the cowgirl announced proudly.

“It is a joy to eat. You wouldn't mind telling us how you done it?”

“Nah ah... wouldn't be a secret then.”

Pinkie being a baker no less, took more time to chew this time “I taste... apples...” giving away the obvious.

“Well, yes, but there's still a secret ingredient” it winked at her.

“... maybe...” licking her lips “... more apples?”

The orange mare looked baffled for a second.

“Just kidding! I got no idea! -but its - mphh - dweliciouws!”

“... uh... yeah... ha...haha... you got me there Pinkie” Applejack said clam, pushing her hat further down “Now... uhm, since we are here 'n all, does anypony got a new idea!?” topic was quickly changed.

A collective head shaking. Apparently lightning hadn't struck at night.

“All we know is, that whoever sends it, wanted this” a flash of light materialized a blue crystal falling onto the table, causing many eyebrows to rise.

Fluttershy sat closest and poked it before Rainbow took it “That's it!? Some lousy stone!?”

“It was the only exhibit coming from Frozen North.”

Rarity took over to give it a closer look, her sapphire eyes being not just as pretty as diamonds, but well trained through many years of experience with similar treasure's, able to distinguish simply devine from what she would expertly describe as 'meh' “Hmm... it isn't what I would call precious. Rather ordinary. No polish... but pure. I know just the jeweler that could do wonders on it”

“Waaait a second! You said he took it!”

The mare shrugged shyly “... I actually swapped them in the last moment...”

“YOU CHEATED HIM!? THAT'S HILARIOUS!” Rainbow cried out slamming hooves onto the table, before bursting into laughter “BWAHAHAH!” and hammering some more.

“It was pretty much a last minute thought. Luna was right, it was too risky to let him have it. So I used my magic in order to swap their appearance. I guess by now he knows.”

Applejack took the stone to give it a look “You gotta be kidding me, that's all fuzz about?” but then it was grabbed by Pinkie Pie, which leaned let it role from hoof to hoof, observing it closely from the table corner.

“I know. I couldn't even tell why anypony would want it after stealing the other artifacts.”

“Maybe he just likes how they look? I never seen anything like it...”

The marble rolled left and right... left and right... by gentle taps... send left... and right...

“Pinkie, your parents own a rock farm, right?”

“Sure do...”

“So... you seen a lot of rocks?”
“Sure did...” - left and right...

“... but you never seen anything like it?”

“Sure didn't...”

“That's it!”

“Sure is...”

“He isn't after the artifacts, but the stones! Whatever he stole, he didn't do for the howl thing, but because of stones like this! They are something he can't get anywhere else...!”

“... and that helps us how?” Rainbow asked, being long done with laughing.

“For once, it tells us that he's up to something else and whatever it is, we are a lot closer to find out.”

“Ugh... so we have to read again?” Rainbow slammed flat on the table, letting the marble hop.

“Not at all, cause I know just the book!” the bookworm stepped onto the table edge, wings widespread “Economic Geology!” the alicorn announced triumphantly.

Rainbow tiled the head to glare upwards “... you know, that doesn't sound half as cool as you think?”

“I am...!” Twilight announced less ostentatious; stepping down, retracting wings whilst blushing.

Twilight later left for Ponyville, taking only the yellow pegasus with along, since the other one wasn't to keen on a study trip. The rest should stay and keep an eye at Celestia and Luna. Some company might help them to recover just as well.

The remaining four had split up, while Applejack and Rarity were going for Luna, Rainbow and Pinkie checked on Celestia.

“Trust me, it will be awesome! Celestia is like; actually really cool... now I get why Twilight hung out with her all the time. It will be a blast!”

“... you sure Dashie? Princess Celestia doesn't seem that kinda pony to me. I mean, she is like really super duper important... and might don't want to hang out with us?”

The two friends trotted down the hallway, passing by a couple of guards. Rainbow gave a wing salute to the white stallions, but got ignored as always. Being friends with Twilight and soon to be new BFF with Celestia had its advantages. Like access to most rooms in the castle... as long they didn't over do it.

“Why wouldn't she!? I'm awesome and you are the most fun pony ever! … besides, Twilight told us to check on her, why not have some fun!?”

“If you put it like thaaat... I guess you are right! Everypony needs some fun!”

“That's the spirit. Now let's get in there and...” they were ready to get in “...party!” the earth mare cheered and the door was pushed open to reveal... that nopony was here.

“Now, that's a bummer”

“Chill-out... i'm sure she is around. Like having a bath or massage... or asked the Wonderbolts for a show!” the thought already begins to drift away. Twilight never used her royal power, so it was tempting to see what Celestia could do! Bath-massage-private-show!? Ohhh yes that be absolute-!

“Rainbow?” it poked, tearing the mare out fantasies, wilder than she ever dared to dream.

“You... haven't seen princess Luna, do you?”

Meanwhile in the throne room a conference took place, called in by their visitor.

Twelve consultants, a bunch of clerks, ten guards and a publicist sat in front of three alicorns's having a debate and Princess Cadance spoke with compassion about this the latest turn of events.

“... most are hiding in their houses, but others are on the border of a revolt! How could I blame them!? My guard prepared our defenses long before Tall Tale happened... and when I had the chance to explain; tell them what we were up against... - I couldn't!

How am I supposed to lead my pony's like this? It's obvious to them that i'm lying... they cannot trust me right now! - and they ain't the only ones. This happens all over Equestria!” the mare pleaded towards Celestia “… is this the best we can do? Building a wall of lies between us and them?”

Luna didn't care for etiquette, starring vacuous at the polished ground and a sweaty reflection. Usual her place be next to the golden throne, sitting on a pillow of red silk.

From there the sisters could look down on guests, be seen by all of them... to may or may not follow gracefully the red carpet and join their ranks – blessing them with their company. A simple, yet persuasive gesture... but the younger alicorn hadn't even bothered to brush her mane or make any attempt to look like a true royal, lacking all insignia: neither golden horseshoes, nor collar... -the crone probably gone lost in some corner.

Some might say, Princess Luna looked like a stray. (If not to the face)

“I agree” Celestia said softly “We cannot undo one wrong with another. Pony's hopefully seen, that it wasn't our intention to-” “We... shall not... - be DISGRACED!” a royal voice shouted with earth-shattering results! Sending mere mortals onto the ground, as legs turned soft as butter.

“Sister, calm yourself! We can discuss this as it should be”

“Why would we!?” wings unfolded, during tripping steps into their middle “For those peasants to laugh behind our back!? What do they know about oursacrifice!? WE were the ones fighting! Facing unspeakable evil! Protecting the ones shivering like leafs!”

“... and we are thankful for that – all of us” Cadance threw in “... but those peasants” she quoted reluctant “... are confused, insecure -outright frightened!” pointing on the shivering mess nearby “Our citizen deserve better, we can't treat them as if their feeling doesn't matter!”

Luna tried to stare the brave princess down but faced a mare which spoke out for the common pony with one's head held high. So Luna was the one to blink first, while only her breath became heavy.

“Our intentions might be noble, but they can't justify the cause anymore... it would lead us all down a dark path without return” Celestia pleaded, causing Cadance to smile, as well giving a thankful nod... which got replied likewise “Publicist's, step up to me.”

The group crawled at first since their knees were still shaking, but managed to walk up to their white highness, yet eyes always peeking sideways... fearing all sorts of horrible consequences for their behavior. Luna starred angry at them as if thinking of personal punishment for every one of them... clenching the jaw to prevent words from coming out.

“We, the royal leaders of Equestria” the mare dictated towards the writers, which were hardly able to stop their feathers from shaking “...are saddened to reveal that the one behind the attack of Tall Tale... and the resulting collateral damage... is an ancient weapon ..” she knew Luna was looking at her, but paid no attention “...created by King Sombra. One we sadly, couldn't yet destroy”

Before the healthy citizens were even mentioned, a cry let feathers pull wildly across paper “Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!” it screamed in pure frustration, having a similar effect to the first time if not worse – causing pony's to flee behind pillars, while even the royal guard nervously readied weapons “- YOU SHALL NOT - SPEAK FOR US! … you shall not! -we ain't weak! I will find and destroy it -no matter the costs!” - the hoof pointed towards the scribbler's as if demanding they should write this instead. Word by word.

“Enough!” this time was her older sister the one to raise her voice, even if not nearly as loud “Luna, I tried to be supportive as much I could, but this is was I have to draw the line! You act more and more irrational and put us in dangers far greater than necessary- a princess can't act this way! I would have expected better from my little sister, but now you leash out against our subjects!? When do you think will this end!? HOW do you think will this end!?”

“Don't you lect-!” “I SHALL LECTURE YOU!” it cut her off “What you think you are fighting for if not them!? For false honor!? For your ego!? To make up for mistakes made a thousand years ago!? What is your wrath worth, if you keep repeating the same mistakes, burning everything to mere ashes till even the last pony you love turned against you!?”

Luna couldn't believe it. What had just happened!?

Her mouth suddenly felt dry, just like her throat... not a single word could find its way out, while her eyes wandered aimlessly around... at the frightened pony's on the ground... as well onto guards gathering all around... and the pink mare which looked ashamed at the ground... back to the white mare... or ... whoever was sitting on the throne right now.

Did she... fear... her sister!? - looking at her dauntless expression... the widespread wings, shimmering in the sunlight... full of pride in her doing, as if her heart had more certainty than she could hope to dream of. It made her feel so insignificant and small... like so long ago... just before... the banishment.

The blue mare stumbled backward a couple of steps, turned and ran off.

There hung a more than disturbing silence in the room.

Nopony wanted to be the one to break it, other than Cadance giving a rueful “I'm sorry.” from her, looking towards the open gate at the end of the room.

“You don't have to... if anypony, it's me”

The white princess gestured towards the guards, which helped their citizens to leave the room, yet finding a hard time to walk themselves. Some had to be carried since they had been overwhelmed by Celestia's outburst and fallen unconscious. Usual one would this kind of aura on another warrior to break their will to fight... and leaving them open for attack... not using it on her sister to end an argument. Let alone with all those common pony's nearby.

Then the room was empty, except for the two of them. Cadance and Celestia.

“What you are gonna do about it? She seems destined to do something...” 'disastrous' came to mind but got swallowed in favor of “... worrisome

Celestia got down from her throne to be on eye-level with the pink alicorn “When all this started, I hoped to close this chapter quickly, but I was a fool” the head shook “If only I had taken more care... if only I... I was stronger”

A pink hoof reached onto Celestia's back, spending sympathy “... and now... she seems to get worse by the day and even I got carried away. I don't -k-now what to do...” Celestia teared up.

“All you can do is your best. Don't be so hard on yourself. You care for her, because you love her! And even then you care for everypony just as much! I wish I could be this strong...” as words got softer “-the only one you don't seem to care about; is yourself! ...but your feelings matter too! Don't let Luna's insecurity's take over! Stay true to who you are and you can't do wrong”

The white mare began to sob, while tears rolled over the face “... can't do wrong!?” she wailed and cried even harder “- I can't do right! - whenever I try- try to... to do something... I just end up hurting her... !” Cadance pulled the crying princess to her chest “ - dou... during the war... or or – the banish-mm-ent... and even today... I hurt herrrrrrrr.....”

“Shh... it's alright... let it all out... - we will get through this, together... you, me, Twilight and her friends... and Luna. All of us!”

Yet neither words nor holding could contain how Celestia felt “Cadanc-e...” it then stuttered.

“I'm listening... what is it?”

A face of sorrow saw up to her “I couldn't do it...”

The pink mare didn't quite understand “do what?” it nervously whispered.

“I... just... couldn't...”

“Talk to me... please. What is it?”

“I couldn't do it again... I... just... can't... I can't lose her again...”

Author's Note:

Twilight, she is such a clever girl

As for Celestia ... - yikes! *peeks from under the table* ... Celi just blew there o-o
... but she only did so, because she loves her so much, it hurts :applecry: