• Published 26th May 2019
  • 586 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XVIII: The Fall of the King - sonicdash123



With the Elements of Harmony destroyed and Charming Thunder fallen to the dark side, the Equestrian Empire is on a brink of collapse.

  • ...
6
 7
 586

Chapter 12: Secrets of the Enemy

Arriving at the Canterlot castle throne room, Celestia paced around worried about what she heard from Twilight about Starshine. The other three princesses were worried as well until the doors opened to reveal Starshine, the stallion who rescued him, and Tempest. Twilight was surprised to see Starshine back to his old self again along with Tempest as tears came out of her eyes. "It's been so long, Starshine and Tempest," Twilight said.

"We thought you were lost forever," Luna added.

"I'm sure you already know about what happened to me and the others during the mission to seize Charming Thunder," Starshine explained. "It failed. Master Braga is missing."

"And what of your master?" Celestia asked.

"Dead, Aunt Celestia." Starshine then pointed to the red stallion. "This stallion named Scourge helped us escape the fortress. He betrayed his master to join our side."

"His kind serve no one but themselves," Cadence said.

"I altered my loyalties to avert a threat to myself---and you," Scourge explained. "All of you are not alone in seeing the future. Centuries ago, I had a vision of a dark king like Sombra destroying all of Equestria. The Equestrian Empire, the Phantom Consortium, other empires, everything---gone." Scourge then pointed to Starshine. "This stallion has the power to stop Charming Thunder."

"I have a good reason to believe he's telling the truth," Starshine said.

"The attack at Ponyville was merely a diversion to conceal Charming's designs. His true plans are already in motion across the land of Equestria. One by one, every land will fall. Trillions will perish."

"How does that benefit Charming Thunder?" Celestia asked.

"He'll feed on those deaths to become more powerful than you combined. An immortal being of unlimited power."

"My father defeated my strike team without a fight," Starshine said. "He's stronger than we realized."

"A thousand years ago, Sombra tricked an entire empire into aiding a dark ritual. He promised great power. Only for himself, of course. The ritual consumed every living being in the area. He absorbed those life essences through his dark magic."

"That explains why he was so powerful---and where all his power came from."

"That was merely one land. Imagine what Charming will become after consuming millions. He has manipulated events for months toward one goal: performing an even greater ritual that will destroy Equestria. But the ritual requires a great sacrifice to begin: billions of simultaneous deaths. He seeks to commit genocide on the city of Manehattan led by Master Braga himself."

"That city is populated with many ponies," Twilight said. "A battle is going on over there. If Tol Braga is there, he needs to be stopped."

"Once the sacrifice occurs, the king's ritual cannot be stopped. We must save Manehattan." Luna activated her lightsaber and pointed it at Scourge.

"We?" Luna said; angrily. "Your role in this is over."

"Put away your weapon, Aunt Luna," Starshine said. "Scourge is cooperating. He'll come with me and Tempest."

"I know Charming Thunder's ways. Manehattan is his only true goal for now. I cannot help you in a prison cell. Like it or not, we need each other."

"He's right," Tempest said. "I can feel the truth. Without his help, we are all dead." Luna nodded and deactivated her lightsaber.

"I will contact the Jedi Council to find out if any other lands are at risk so we can split up and stop them," Celestia said. "I'm counting on you to stop your father's plans, Starshine."

"Wait," Twilight said. "There is just one thing I must know before we all leave, Scourge. What do you know of Infinite?"

"Nobody but Charming knows who Infinite is," Scourge explained. "But I have seen him and he....he is like an instrument of the dark side."

"What do you mean by that?" Celestia asked.

"I mean that he radiates the power of the dark side, he has this aura of darkness that seems to follow him. It was like he was born from darkness; he can wield dark magic like King Sombra or Charming Thunder. Yet, when I first met him, I could feel deep inside of him....sadness, loneliness, longing. He hides such things underneath a wall of darkness but I barely picked up on those emotions because he looked distant, like he was remembering something."

"What is this stallion have to feel such depressing emotions?" Luna asked. Scourge ignored the question and continued.

"Infinite doesn't bother using the force to aid him in anything. But I do know that there seems to be a connection between him and Charming. I don’t know the purpose of this connection, as theories spring up. But perhaps this connection is what Charming uses to keep Infinite loyal to him and prevent him from betraying Charming. All I do know though that Infinite is Charming’s countermeasure to the Elements of Harmony. Charming allows Infinite to act freely on his own accord to think and fight the Elements of Harmony on his own terms; the 'ultimate answer to the ultimate problem' so to speak."

"Anything else?" Starshine asked.

"Well, I heard only rumors, but Charming and Infinite have been plotting something. There are rumors of a machine being built that would bring destruction to all of Charming’s enemies, a superweapon but one unlike ever seen before. There is also a plan to wipe out the Equestria Empire in three short days. Charming didn’t explain what he meant and Infinite won’t say a word, but I can tell he can’t wait for whatever plan they cooked up to begin. So I recommend preparing the stop Charming before the plan can complete."

"If we rally all of our allies, we can strike on a front that not even Charming and his forces can stop," Tempest said. "Overwhelm the Crystal Empire’s defenses and defeat Charming before this plan can be initiated. But to gather such a force will be two and a half days, which means we’ll be cutting it close on the third day."

"Can we go now? Time is being wasted with this discussion."

"I know this has been hard for you to accept Scourge's aid, but it's our best hope," Starshine said. "I promise I won't fail."

"Contact Danny Eclipse once you reach Manehattan---and don't rely on your new 'ally'," Celestia said.

"I suggest we depart then," Scourge said as Starshine and Tempest walked with Scourge back to their ship to travel to Manehatten and stop whatever Tol Braga is planning to destroy the city.