• Published 26th May 2019
  • 580 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XVIII: The Fall of the King - sonicdash123



With the Elements of Harmony destroyed and Charming Thunder fallen to the dark side, the Equestrian Empire is on a brink of collapse.

  • ...
6
 7
 580

Chapter 9: Attack at the Fortress

Arriving at the castle throne room, Master Braga along with Orgus stood in front of the throne as Starshine and Tempest entered. Tol Braga was relieved to see them both alive. "Welcome back, Starshine and Tempest," he said. "You've done well retrieving the data from Tremil."

"Let us analyze what he learned before he went rogue," Orgus said. before Starshine gave the datachip to Tol Braga so that the masters can do some research.

A few hours passed as the three Jedi Masters along with Starshine and Tempest analyzed a map of the fortress Charming Thunder is hiding in. "Analysis of the technical readouts of Charming Thunder's fortress has shown us the entire defense grid," Tempest said. "Perhaps there are weaknesses we can exploit after all."

"At last, Charming Thunder is within our reach," Tol Braga said.

"This is the beginning of the end for my father's reign," Starshine said.

"We'll be the dawn that breaks the night."

"Our vessels are being prepped for the journey to the Crystal Empire," Orgus said.

"We'll pilot our individual starships to land in different docking bays. Multiple targets will divide the enemy's attention."

"Once we're inside, we'll each follow an assigned path through the security grid," Tempest added. "We'll converge on the king's throne room."

"We'll capture Charming Thunder, bring him to Canterlot, and redeem him to the light side. A perfect victory."

"Redeeming my father is the best course of action, Master Braga," Starshine said.

"Defeating his minions through violence accomplishes nothing. We must embrace them as our own. It is the key to a lasting peace that will save countless lives." The doors behind them opened and princesses Celestia and Luna along with Danny entered.

"Master Braga, we must speak before this plan goes any further," Celestia said with concern.

"There are those among us who have raised...concerns," Luna added.

"If anyone doubts our ability to do this, let them object," Tempest said.

"I'm sure we can dispel their doubts," Starshine said.

"We always considered your plan reckless, Master Braga," Luna said. "Now Danny came to us with a disturbing vision."

"Let's here my uncle out, Master Braga," Starshine said.

"It was during one of my meditations back at Ponyville," Danny explained. "I saw a vision of my nephew. He was falling to the dark side---becoming his father's puppet."

"I'll never fall to the dark side. Nothing in Equestria could make me join the enemy."

"You will fall---and the others with you. I saw it, nephew."

"The future is forever in motion," Tol Braga said. "Events that appear certain today are impossible tomorrow. Must I remind you all that the Jedi and Sith do not pass judgements based solely on visions?"

"If you take Starshine on this mission, it will fail. I should go instead." Starshine took a step closer to his uncle.

"If the princesses and the others agree with you, I'll step aside," Starshine said.

"I've known Starshine since he was a young colt," Celestia said. "I don't doubt his loyalty since I heard from Tempest that he has saved the Jedi Order once at Hippogriffia."

"Danny Eclipse, your highnesses...I apreciate your concerns, but I do not share them," Tempest said. "I see no reason for you to delay Master Braga's mission."

"Thank you, Aunt Celestia," Starshine said. "And you, Tempest."

"No thanks are needed," Celestia said. "I simply just follow my conscience, nothing more."

"No!" Danny shouted as he became furious. "This is wrong! I know what I saw!" He then marched out of the throne room.

"Master Braga, I demand you reconsider," Luna said. "There's too much at stake here."

"The time for debates is over," Tol Braga said. "The hour of our victory approaches." He turned to look at his team. "My friends, we depart for Charming Thunder's fortress at once. We'll coordinate our assault once we're all inside. May the force be with us!"

---------------------

Four TIE Fighters approach the fortress orbiting over the Crystal Empire. They all landed at each docking bay without being shot down by the cannons. Starshine opened the cockpit of his fighter and climbed out. His communicator beeped and he answered it as he looked around for anyone heading this way. "I've docked inside the king's fortress," he whispered. "No sign of opposition."

"I'm in, as well," Tol Braga's voice said. "Perhaps we caught Charming Thunder napping."

"I took some cannon fire getting in, but my shields held up," Orgus's voice said.

"I'm see enemy forces converging on my hangar," Tempest's voice said. "Looks like I drew the short straw."

"Everypony disembark," Tol Braga's voice said. "Follow your routes to the objective. No surrender, no retreat."

"Remember the fallen, and do not fail them," Starshine said.

"I'll see you in the throne room," Orgus's voice said.

"May the force protect us all." Starshine then made his way out of the hangar. When the doors opened, a squad of enemy soldiers arrived. He activated his lightsaber and carved a path through the fortress and headed straight to the throne room.

---------------------

Arriving at the stairs to the throne room, Starshine saw Tempest surrounded by battle droids and he leaps into the circle to force push them away causing the droids to break apart. "Thanks for the help," Tempest said.

"Just repaying the favor for saving me back at Hippogiffia," Starshine said. He then gazed up the stairs and then back at Tempest who had a look of confidence then nodded. They then walked up the stairs to see Charming Thunder sitting on his throne. The masked pegasus was standing between Charming Thunder and the intruders that came into the room. The masked pegasus pulled his double-bladed lightsaber from his waist and ignited it, pointing it at the intruders; Starshine and Tempest Shadow. Starshine, upon seeing the masked pegasus, trembles in fear as he remembers what this pegasus have done to a Jedi Master and his Jedi Knights.

"You have violated the King’s sanctum," the masked pegasus said to Starshine. "Here I was, thinking that the world would send its best to take me on. To test the ultimate strength of the world, send me a real challenge. And as if to answer, the world sends me a trembling child."

"Starshine, stand strong," Tempest said to Starshine. Suddenly, the masked pegasus was right beside Starshine in a flash.

"Are you going to fight and die here? Or, run away in fear again?" Starshine began to back away from the masked pony in fear.

"Starshine, we can fight him together. Our friends will---"

"Your friends are dead. You fight alone."

"Not alone. The force is with us." Starshine then stood his ground and both him and Tempest ignited their lightsabers.

"Fine. I will teach you fear, then pain, and then...." The masked pony was surrounded by a red aura and began to hover above the ground. "Well, at least the fear and pain will end." The masked pegasus began to fly up in the air. Tempest and Starshine charged and jumped up to attack, but the masked pony simply dodged quickly and struck them from behind, pushing them to the ground. The masked pony held his forehooves out as streams of red cubes began to appear around the pony and began to head towards the two. Tempest and Starshine began to evade the red cube streams. After a bit, the streams disappeared and the pony was floating off the bridge. Suddenly, the red aura disappeared and the pony began to fall. Tempest looked over the bridge as the masked pony fell. He put his double-bladed lightsaber in front of him and began to swing it in a helicopter fashion. That is when a red wormhole appeared in front of him while another appeared in front of Tempest. The masked pony came through, his double-bladed lightsaber twirling, and Tempest barely dodged. However, another wormhole appeared and he came out another to attack Starshine. Both Starshine and Tempest had to dodge wormhole attacks from the masked pony until a wormhole appeared in front of Charming’s throne and the pony came out and landed on the ground. Tempest and Starshine were tired from dodging so many wormhole attacks. "Come now, is this really the finest of the Jedi Order? Danny and Charming always put up a better fight than you two. Where is that spark of defiance that I saw earlier? Don’t you remember, Starshine? You ran from me before, you survived then but you throw it all away now. Curious." A red glow erupted from the chest of the masked pony, where the ruby was at, and the entire area was now red. That is when cannons of J-1 proton cannons materialized in the air, all aiming at both Starshine and Tempest. "This will be goodbye."

"Surrender, masked stranger," Tol Braga's voice said from behind Tempest and Starshine. "You and your master cannot stand against all of us."

"I knew you weren’t dead," Starshine said. "What took you so long?"

"We discovered a few changes to the security grid," Orgus said. "Nothing we couldn’t handle. Now, let’s finish this."

"Weakling fools, I have killed plenty of Jedi Masters," the masked pony said as the red field disappeared and the cannons along with it. "If you wish to die so readily, then I shall---"

"Enough!" Charming Thunder shouted as the masked pony turned to look at him. "I will deal with them personally."

"As you wish, your highness." The masked pony then opened a portal and stepped through it before it closed behind him. Charming Thunder stood up from his throne and jumped down then chuckled.

"My friends and I wish to speak to you, Charming Thunder," Tol Braga said. "Please accompany us to Canterlot."

"I'd rather not," Charming Thunder said as he walked down the short steps. "Reckless pride limned by self-righteousness. You are master of nothing." Orgus activated his lightsaber and was ready for anything the dark king would throw at him. "And I see that you have brought my son with you. Truly I am finally pleased to see you grow up so fast, Starshine Sparkle."

"Insult my friends all you want, father," Starshine said. "But you are coming with us like it or not."

"Just like I told your Twilight and the others; you stand there because I allow it. Because I do not fear." Orgus charged at the king, but Charming Thunder was quick enough to fire powerful dark magic to electrocute him in place while the other three charged and blocked the powerful lightning. Starshine was close enough to strike, but Charming Thunder fired dark magic at him to push him away.

"We can resist him!" Tol Braga said as he blocked the powerful magic with his lightsaber. Charming Thunder then took the chance to fire a chain of lightning at the four attackers and knock them out. He then chuckled as he looked at Starshine.

"You are mine. Servants. Slaves. Weapons. And you will obey...." Charming Thunder then laughs maniacally as the attempt to capture him has failed.