• Published 26th May 2019
  • 580 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XVIII: The Fall of the King - sonicdash123



With the Elements of Harmony destroyed and Charming Thunder fallen to the dark side, the Equestrian Empire is on a brink of collapse.

  • ...
6
 7
 580

Chapter 2: The Siege of the Crystal Empire

Charming Thunder entered a cave and used his horn to light the way through the system. He then encountered an obstacle in his way and used his magic to move the obstacle and continued his way inside as he placed the obstacle back behind him. He then saw a some torches in the cave and used his magic to light up the room. The room revealed to be full of crystallized ancient pony race. There were so many for him to count. "So this is where you have been hiding, servants of Sombra," Charming Thunder said before he used dark magic to free the ponies from their crystal prison. The red ponies collapsed to the ground as they gasped for air and slowly got up. They all looked at each other and they are relieved to see them alive and well after a thousand years. They then turned to gaze at their rescuer and one of them approached Charming Thunder.

"You...you are not our master; Sombra," the stallion said. "Just what does that make you?"

"I am Sombra's heir; Charming Thunder." Charming Thunder's eyes began to glow with darkness. "Current King of Equestria!"

"What has become of our master?"

"My father has been redeemed to the light and has betrayed you all. Who put you all down here?" The stallion growled as he remembered the names of their enemy who trapped him and the others in the cave.

"Celestia and Luna!"

"Then we have a common enemy. The princesses have always shown too much restraint when it comes to ruling Equestria. When we take the Crystal Empire, you all will gather your strength to do what Sombra should've done years ago after taking over. You now thirst for revenge on the princesses now. I can sense it."

"The princesses are far too powerful to challenge," the female pony said.

"Not my adopted sister; Princess Cadence, the current ruler of the Crystal Empire. Her defeat will be yesterday's message in the end. With your help, you can make it happen." The ponies began to chatter with the idea of helping Charming Thunder as he walked through the crowd and stepped up to a higher ground on a rock.

(Note: Sung to the tune of The Lion King's Be Prepared)

Sung by Charming Thunder and Ancient Ponies

Yes, things may have changed since your long exile
Which means that all of you must've too
My vision is clear and wide-ranging
And even encompasses you

So prepare for the coup of the century
Prepare for a great siege
Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning
Decades of denial is simply why I'll rule Equestria
Undisputed, respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am!
The empire and the princesses are snared
Be prepared

Be prepared

Be prepared

Be prepared

Be prepared

Be prepared

Be prepared

The red ponies began to cheer to their new leader.

The empire and the princesses are snared
Be prepared

Charming Thunder laughed maniacally as it echoed in the cave as his evil plan was taking shape.

---------------------

At a lair in an unknown location, a ram is observing Charming Thunder's actions with an orb along with Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow. "Sombra's attempt to rule Equestria may have failed, but there's always a plan I had in mind while he was there," the ram said.

"Taking control of Charming Thunder's mind and take over all of Equestria with an ancient army that once served Sombra a thousand years ago?" Tirek said. "Hmm. Why didn't Mephiles think of that years ago?"

"Controling the King of Equestria should've been tasked to me, Grogar," Chrysalis said.

"Patience," Grogar said. "We shall see the results as he takes over the Crystal Empire first."

---------------------

A lone cargo shuttle carrying Charming Thunder's army flew on an intercept course to the Crystal Empire. At the same time, Charming Thunder walked through the town wearing a black cloak. Some of the Crystal Ponies ran to their homes as he continued to walk straight towards the castle. He approached the Crystal Heart as guards arrived to intervene. Charming Thunder dispatches the guards with a series of quick slashes and the use of the force.

Meanwhile in the castle throne room, Cadence and Shining Armor protected by a Jedi Master were about to leave the room. When they opened the doors, they encountered two ponies wearing ancient armor stopped them as the Jedi stepped in front of the prince and princess and activated her lightsaber. The Shining Armor and Cadence stepped back in fear as a shadow which they think is Sombra appeared behind them. They turned to see the hooded figure formed as Shining Armor stepped in front of his wife with his horn glowing. Cadence noticed that inside the figure's saddlebag was the Crystal Heart. "You can't fool us, King Sombra," Cadence said. The hooded figure laughed and revealed himself as Charming Thunder as Cadence gasped. "Charming?"

"But...why?" Shining demanded. As planned, the cargo shuttle violently crashes at the town of the Crystal Empire smashing some homes and stopped in the middle at the front of the castle. The shuttle's boarding ramp lowers, revealing another cloaked figure who proceeds to ignite a red lightsaber; taking a few steps forward, the darkness behind him is illuminated by the activation of over twenty more blades of crimson energy.

"I am doing this to finish what my father should've done," Charming Thunder said. "ATTACK!!!" The army from the crashed cargo shuttle rushed out as a group of soldiers and Jedi came to hold off against the invaders. Charming Thunder fired magic at Shining Armor, but Cadence was able to teleport out of the room with her husband to flee from the carnage. The Jedi Master who killed the armored warriors turned to face Charming Thunder and charged at him. The two then clash in a duel through the chaotic battle still being waged outside. When the Jedi Master leaps backwards, Charming Thunder used the force to throw her through a piece of the collapsed rubble. He then rushed towards the downed mare and leaps in the air with an attempt to impale the Jedi, but she avoided it by rolling out of the way. She then strikes back at Charming Thunder with a vicious series of fast-paced strikes, stunning the dark king with an elbow to the face. When her next swing misses and she spins to gather momentum for another strike, Charming Thunder rushed in and impales the Jedi through the torso. He then came close and whispered in her ear. "You were deceived. And now your empire I made shall fall." He then pulled his lightsaber out of the master's chest and walked to gaze out of the window to see that a hijacked destroyer was in position over the Crystal Temple where the Jedi are trained and it began to open fire at the structure. He then noticed a shuttle leaving the Crystal Empire. A warrior entered the room with a report to their dark master.

"The princess flees!" the warrior said.

"Let them flee. They will let the other princesses know that the Crystal Empire is now taken over once again and soon rally some forces to retake the kingdom in the future." Charming Thunder turned to walk up to the throne of the castle. "For now, I have a kingdom to rule while we plan our attack on Canterlot."

"That houses the princesses who sealed us away for a thousand years."

"Indeed. For now, I must revive two powerful servants of my father I have heard of. Go. Have your fun rallying the citizens of the Crystal Empire and put them in chains."

"As you wish, my master." The warrior leaves the room while Charming Thunder sat on the throne and placed the Crystal Heart over it.

---------------------

Receiving word that the Crystal Empire was under siege, Twilight paced around the map room worried about his brother, Cadence, and her niece. She then a door open and Cadence along with anyone who escaped the Crystal Empire arrive. She rushed to hug Twilight as she brought daring news. "My brother has taken over the Crystal Empire," she said. "He lead ancient servants of King Sombra with a daring blow against the people of the kingdom."

"That's tragic," Twilight said. "We will mourn the loss later. For now we need to plan a counter attack before he strikes against Equestria."

"Agreed." The two then lead the other survivors to a room where they can stay as they talked.