• Published 26th May 2019
  • 580 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode XVIII: The Fall of the King - sonicdash123



With the Elements of Harmony destroyed and Charming Thunder fallen to the dark side, the Equestrian Empire is on a brink of collapse.

  • ...
6
 7
 580

Chapter 11: Freed From Darkness

Starshine was training against a replica of a tall figure of a bounty hunter he is never met of at Charming Thunder's fortress. The hunter fired its blaster and Starshine reflected it back at him. As the hunter walked towards him slowly, Starshine saw what appeared to be a ghostly figure then it disappeared. He shook his head and continued his focus on the fight at hand. He leaps in the air and chopped the hunter's head off and slashed at his waist area. When Starshine landed, the hunter's body turned red and vanished. He then turned around to the observer and bowed at him. The observer nodded and gestured him to meet him at the torture room whenever he is ready. Once the observer was gone and Starshine was about to walk up the stairs, he glowed blue and collapsed on the top of the stairs. He then began to see Charming Thunder controlling his mind as lightning came out of his hooves. A familiar voice then came out of nowhere saying, "Don't let him win. Free yourself." The spirited figure of his master; Orgus Din, appeared and Starshine fought through his torture. "You're stronger than your influence. Fight!" Starshine then began to glow blue and broke free from Charming Thunder's control.

"Master Orgus?" Starshine asked. "What happened? I thought you were dead."

"The dark king clouded your mind in darkness. Made you do terrible things. You've been your father's pawn for a long time, but you're finally free."

"My father overpowered us. Master Braga, you, Tempest...we all fell. After that, nothing."

"You were not yourself. What you did in the time of darkness was not your fault. You're still aboard the king's fortress after your attack at Ponyville. The enemy is everywhere, but they think you serve them. Keep your true nature a secret. Find a way out. Your dark ally will help." Starshine then got up from the ground as he walked to the room that observer wanted him to be at as he spoke to his master.

"I'll play along until I can break free. Thank you, master."

"The force is with you again. Be strong...." Orgus's voice faded as Starshine stopped in his tracks while his observer walked up to him.

"Stop muttering to yourself, Starshine," the pony said. "Today, we test your ability to extract information from the enemy. Knowledge is power. Our enemies possess the secret to their own annihilation. We must learn everything."

"I'm ready for my lesson," Starshine said; playing along. "Please instruct me."

"One of the scum you arrived with awaits interrogation. You'll conduct it while I watch."

"Which particular scum are you referring to? I came here with several."

"The one with the broken horn. I understand that she used to serve the Storm King before you came along. Follow me. I'll instruct you in using the tormentor device."

"I look forward to it. After you...." The pony nodded and turned to walk the other way while Starshine followed him into the torture room where Tempest was strapped to a table.

"Let's begin. It's a simple device. Three inducement settings, each inflicting greater pain on the subject." Starshine then began to pretend to press buttons on the terminal next to the pony and Tempest. "The tormentor monitors the subject's vital signs, stopping just short of delivering lethal damage. Still quite agonizing, however." Tempest struggled to break free from her straps.

"I know you're still in there," Tempest pleaded. "You're not one of them. You can beat them too."

"Proceed with the lowest inducement setting. Get your subject focused."

Starshine then pretended to have a curious look on his face and waved his hoof as he said, "The tormentor isn't functioning, overseer. It needs repair."

"The tormentor isn't functioning. It needs repair." The overseer then began to leave the room. "Stay here while I sort this out. If the containment field fails, the subject may attempt to escape." Once the pony left the room, Starshine then pressed a button on the terminal releasing Tempest.

"I thought he'd never leave. You're free. Are you alright?"

"I'd kiss you if we weren't in the middle of dark central," Tempest said; relieved. "This place is crawling with Charming's minions who don't know you're back to normal, but you won't fool them forever. We need to leave--quick. There's probably a ship for us in the hangar bay if we hurry."

"We have to warn the princesses about what's happened. Especially my mother. I need....to explain some things to her." Tempest placed a hoof on Starshine's shoulder.

"What you did at Ponyville was not your fault. One thing at a time. First, let's get out of here alive." Starshine nodded and the two then rushed to leave the torture room and arrived at the hangar bay to see an armored red stallion with his lightsaber active. There were bodies scattered around on the hangar floor as Starshine and Tempest walked past them. They then activated their lightsabers and readied themselves for combat.

"Step away from the ship. We're leaving."

"If I wished to fight, I would not have cleared a path for you and your friend," the stallion said. "More guards will come. Shall we go before they arrive?"

"We? You will free Master Braga first."

"If he were here, I'd have liberated him as well. Infinite could've killed you here on the fortress. I have waited a thousand years to see the face that came to me in a vision." The stallion then pointed towards Starshine. "Your face."

"That's because you have been sealed away from the princesses for a thousand years," Tempest said.

"Only a few beings have ever broken the king's domination. You are special, Starshine Sparkle."

"We're running out of time," Starshine said. "If you have a point, make it."

"Thought Charming seeks to conceal his true plans, I have seen them. That vision has driven me to this. I pledge my loyalty to you." The stallion then lowered his head as a bow. "Take me to the princesses, and I'll reveal why." Starshine thought for a brief moment as he continued. "I seek to save this Equestria from annihilation. Without my help, your ship will never escape. I can guide you to freedom." Starshine then realized what Orgus told him.

"My dead master told me I'd find a dark ally here. I think he meant you."

"That only means we can work together to save Equestria. Time is a luxury we no longer possess. We must go--now. I will navigate us through the defense grid." The three then boarded the ship and began to make their escape with help of the mysterious dark ally. Once the ship was distance away from the fortress, it made a jump to lightspeed to travel to Canterlot.